It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran situation and potential hypocrisy on Intel community

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t want this to be another excuse to bomb someone. Please, Trump, just bring the wr money home to invest in our countries infrastructure and quit wasting it on punching holes in the damn desert.

I second that!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What exactly is the substance of all this? I watched the Netanyahu video. They got some documents showing Iran was trying to build a bomb. Iran lied. So what? We believed that back then. That's why we made this agreement. What, exactly, is new? Proof they lied?

They agreed to dismantle their bomb production facilities. Which they did. I never heard of them saying all records would be destroyed. They didn't promise to end all basic research. We all knew that when the time was over they would, according to the terms of this agreement, be free to pursue the bomb again. All this was discussed on the floor of the congress. We also heard a lot of people saying that it doesn't matter what is on this paper, they would see to it that Iran never develops the bomb.

So this is just Netanyahu's usual Iran is building a bomb rant which he does every two or three years. So they lied. Like Israel doesn't lie? I'm inclined to believe what he says in this video about the documents but like I said before... So what? It's not as if they were actually producing the bomb again.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If you want to get rid of someone why not buying him a gun and telling to go and shoot someone?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

No US soldier will die if the US lets Israel pick and fight its own wars. Without big brother standing up for it Israel is finished.
I'll drink to that.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
From the Free Beacon article:

"Everything the Obama administration told us about the Iranian nuclear program was a lie," said the source, who was not authorized to speak on record. "They assured us that we knew everything about Iran's nuclear weapons program, that it was put on ice, and that the intelligence community had full insight into what was going on."

"Now we find out the Iranians have warehouses of nuclear weapons designs. People are in shock," the source said. "Forget the policy implications, which get to the heart of the deal, this shows how the whole sale was built on a lie. Expect to see momentum build in Congress for just scrapping the whole thing."

The Deal was done even though everyone didn't Trust Iran and now we find out guess what? We can't Trust Iran.

We have to have a real meaningful agreement with Iran that stops and dismantles their ability to produce nuclear weapons.

We were lied to. By Iran and by our Own governments,
so it seems.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Former Obama Admin official says that there's "nothing new" in Benjamin Netanyahu's revelations. Everyone knows that Iran wanted to build a bomb.

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Do you think he's accurate? After all Netanyahu did NOT say that Iran is currently building a bomb...only that they wanted to in the past.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The Western economic situation makes a cautionary tale of gross mismanagement which if allowed to continue will cause a massive change in Banking and governance. For this not to happen we will have a war which will kill millions but keep the system in place. It has all been planned, and is now being executed.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's the same old same old. I think Netanyahu might be losing his touch.

Now if he could produce some pictures of dead nuclear babies that would get the US to bomb Iran for sure.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That is not why Obama gave them the money in his own words; he assure people this would stop them from pursuing weapons. He lied or was horribly wrong if this story is true

The story is true and politicians lie all the time , you know that.

The major issue between the two governments was a $400 million payment for military equipment made by the government of the Shah of Iran, prior to the 1979 uprising that topped him. The U.S. banned delivery of the jets and other weapons amid the hostage crisis, but froze the $400 million advance payment. “The Pentagon handled arms purchases from foreign countries,” says Gary Sick, a former National Security Council official who served as the principal White House aide for Iran during the Iranian Revolution and the hostage crisis. “Defense took care of the details. So the $400 million scheduled purchase was a government-to-government transaction. The U.S. government was holding the money. That’s why it was so difficult to resolve.”

By 2015, the issue stood before a panel of nine judges, including three independent jurists, who were reportedly near a decision on binding arbitration. According to Obama administration officials, the U.S. was concerned that the tribunal would mandate an award in the multiple billions of dollars. “The Iranians wanted $10 billion,” says Sick.”I estimate that the tribunal would have awarded them $4 billion. That’s what the lawyers were saying. It’s not as much as they wanted, but a lot more than we paid.”

So instead, the U.S. negotiators convinced Iran to move the dispute from arbitration to a private settlement. The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran’s development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.
fortune.com...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
You really don't know what the game is. I'll put it really simple. America cannot, I repeat cannot leave the ME. It has to stay connected there, no matter the cost in lives or materiel.
The ME, Iran in particular is part of OPEC and if America pulled away from them it would lead to OPEC going for the Yuan as the default currency to trade oil. Do you realise what that would do to America.
America losing the power of the petrodollar and therefore losing the power it gives America from the whole world dealing in the dollar for oil. American economy would be jack sh# and all those billions of dollars that is spent on defence etc. would evaporate over night.
THAT ladies and gentlemen is the sole reason America can go around the world being the big I am it guy.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Meh. Lots of countries have nukes. China, then Pakistan and India, now North Korea. Nukes make the world a safer place.

If Iran wants to build nukes, Iran will build nukes. No one can stop that.

E = mc2. It's nature's law. No man can do anything about it.
edit on 2-5-2018 by jumanji because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's a re-hash of old info from about 2015
Netanyahu is hoping that Trump is slow on the uptake
Which he is ... boy, is that bad news

Maybe someone will take the understandingly challenged Trump aside
to explain things ... with pictures ...
hum, probably not !

a reply to: toms54

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>