It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran situation and potential hypocrisy on Intel community

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I didnt know what forum to put this in, but here it is.

So to start with for those that may not know, Israels Prime minister Netanyahu has claimed to have thousands of pieces of evidence that Iran lied and has kept materials to help them develop nuclear weapons.

www.haaretz.com...

And now, the US intel community has apparently confirmed that they believe Netanyahu is accurate.

freebeacon.com...

Now I want to briefly hit on how this will play out politically.

Because Obama pushed through the Iran deal, and sent 1.7 billion dollars to iran, much of it on pallets in a very secretive way, with john kerry even admitting at the time some of this money could fund terrorism www.cnn.com...

If it turns out Obama was wrong as the US intel community now seems to be suggesting, people that dislike Obama are going to absolutely skewer him.

Now Obama defenders perhaps will want to defend him, and may even go so far as to say that we see no proof of the US intel of Netanyahus claims.

This is what I wanted to focus on in this thread.

I smell a large heap of hypocrisy on the horizon.

Let me break this up into focusing on trump supporters vs. trump haters, though I understand not everyone fits into these categories neatly. And let me say before I begin, this isnt meant as a personal attack on anyone, just general observations.

First trump supporters (of which I am one)

Many of us have spent over a year questioning the behavior of the intel community We have (rightfully in my opinion) not been willing to take their word without proof, especially in light of lies they have pushed in the past.

SO there will be some trump supporters that have criticized the intel community that will jump at the chance to totally believe the intel community here, and say they believe them without having seen any proof in public yet, because now the shoe is on the other foot, and believing the intel community would make Obama look really bad.

So my plea to trump supporters is this; continue to be skeptical of any voices of power until you see evidence.

This doesnt mean you should not have an opinion, and it certainly doesnt mean that the intel community or netanyahu are wrong in this instance. Just remember how you felt when people believe the intel community when they are making accusations about trump with no proof, and try to not do the same.

Now for people who dislike trump (could be everything from conservative to liberal)

There could be a temptation to (in my opinion correctly) want to see proof before believing the intel community here. You may rightfully bring up times in the past when the intel community has lied.

I just want to let you know that this is the exact same argument many trump supporters including myself have been saying for months. we shouldnt just take the intel communities word for things without proof.

If you think the intel community could be fudging this evidence with the result possibly leading to a huge war, why would you not think they could fudge claims to take down Trump who they clearly dont like?

Now who knows; maybe you would be right. Maybe the intel community (at least top people like clapper brennan comey) is right to hate trump cause he is guilty of something, and maybe they are flat wrong about Iran here. But just understand that if you are skeptical, this is exactly how trump supporters have felt and why some (such as myself) hesitate to cheer for the deep state.

So in the end I think this revelation will cause people who have been railing against the "deep state" to embrace them, and those that have cheered for them to reject them.

I just wanted to point it out in hopes that people can attempt to be consistent in their thoughts.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

At some point we will bomb Iran once they run out of targets in Syria.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It seems as though you might be catching onto the game they're playing with us on the political front. Make both sides guilty of the same things only in slightly different ways/scenarios so that both sides have ammo on the other and feel justified ("well look what YOUR side did") in their opinion and hypocrisy.

S&F for being impartial about this and trying to talk some reason into people.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Good points. Play it by ear and stay vigilant.

On another note, the MSM is being far too quiet about all of this. What was up with the strikes on Syria last night? They're not reporting on that or Pompeo's visit. Seems like they're struggling to form a narrative here.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'm sure the narrative is already in place, they're just waiting on the right time to present it to those willing to eat it up on either side.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It seems as though you might be catching onto the game they're playing with us on the political front. Make both sides guilty of the same things only in slightly different ways/scenarios so that both sides have ammo on the other and feel justified ("well look what YOUR side did") in their opinion and hypocrisy.

S&F for being impartial about this and trying to talk some reason into people.

Honostly I have never felt i failed to see how both sides lie.

The issue I had it was clear the intel community and establishment on both the republican and democrat side didnt want someone like Trump, bernie, jill stein, etc.

So I was very skeptical of their one sided attacks of these people, and accusations that have severely hurt the new admin with no proof being offered.

I have always had a gut feeling that when the republicaan side of the news and the dem side (say fox news and cnn) agree we need to do something, that is usually when the real nefarious crap comes up.

So bombing syria for example because assad gassed his people, I didnt buy it.

SO lets see what the mouth pieces do here. On one hand, they always seem to cheer for a good war, on the other they usually dont like to make Obama (well at least the dems side) look bad, and pushing a war here would do just that.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Even if the accusations are true, I still don't want the U.S. dropping bombs. We can leave that to the EU and other allied ME countries like SA. I also agree, we need proof of these accusations rather than the intel agencies word because their word isn't worth **** to me. I think the furthest my support against Iran would go, are harsh sanctions but don't think I could ever get behind a bombing campaign. I'm a firm believer that we shouldn't be bombing anyone unless our homeland is attacked.

I don't know about my fellow taxpaying citizens, but I'm tired of my country being expected to be the world police and cover the tab to keep the entire world safe from themselves or their governments. The citizens of these countries need to grow a set of balls and step up to the plate or enjoy the tyranny. It's their choice either way.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Pompeo is a Dominionist Christian that believes we're just waiting for the Rapture now, and the destruction of the Mosque and making Jerusalem Israel's capitol are the last necessary steps for Jesus to come and suck up all the believers, and for Armageddon to kill all the Jews, Muslims and random heretics left behind. Iran's involvement is necessary to bring about Armageddon!

He and Mike Pence, et al, have no motivation or reason to try to bring about peace in the Middle East or on the Korean penensula.

edit on 30-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So my plea to trump supporters is this; continue to be skeptical of any voices of power until you see evidence.

Too late, some in the Q brigade on ATS are already posting "Iran next".

The rest of the US is probably even easier to convince.

edit on 30-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Obama paid the money because it looked like the US was going to lose a court case over the Iranian money they still held following the seizure of it in the 90's (I think) , Iran were suing for many times the amount Obama paid so he likely saved you money.

It was their money and the US was obliged to return it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Israel provided the proof, the CIA is agreeing with it. There was a massive spy mission, it netted 100,000 documents. If our CIA verifies the activity that smuggled them out of Iran then that pretty much authenticates them. Liking Trump or not has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Grambler

Too late, some in the Q brigade on ATS is already posting "Iran next".

The rest of the US is probably even easier to convince.

Perhaps thats true.

And they should have the same skepticism of the intel community that has led them to take an interest in Q.

But again, would you blame the rest of the country for believing the intel community.

After all, the MSM has spent over a year telling us to even question the intel community in unamerican, and we must believe anything they say to make trump look bad.

I warned the anti trumpers on the left over and over again that they were playing a dangerous game cheering on the intel community in this manner.

So I will continue to not believe any of these people if I see proof, and to call for a resistance to dropping bombs (like in syria) until real proof is shown (thats not to say that proof wont be shown in the instance of iran, but I havent seen it)

I will be happy to have people on any side of the political aisle join me.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

From what I read iran had the material for at least 10 nukes but because of the iran deal they gave that material up.
I would say that's a plus.

But if your right , and it can be proven, then none of that matters and there is no deal that will stop them.

My thoughts are this is just war hawks pushing for war with iran any way they can.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Good points. Play it by ear and stay vigilant.

On another note, the MSM is being far too quiet about all of this. What was up with the strikes on Syria last night? They're not reporting on that or Pompeo's visit. Seems like they're struggling to form a narrative here.

They are always slow when Israel is winning at something. It's like pulling teeth, eventually it will come out.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Pretty much. If anything the Second Coming is nothing more than an excuse for the MIC to keep fighting unjust wars across the globe without much resistance from the people.

If you believe war is a sign of Jesus' return then why WOULDN'T you want war to happen and why would you try to stop it?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If it turns out Obama was wrong as the US intel community now seems to be suggesting

How many of those in the intel community are part of the swamp I wonder?
Should we trust them?
They were so wrong about iraqs WMDs after all.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Obama paid the money because it looked like the US was going to lose a court case over the Iranian money they still held following the seizure of it in the 90's (I think) , Iran were suing for many times the amount Obama paid so he likely saved you money.

It was their money and the US was obliged to return it.

Nope ridiculous.

Obama said they got the money because they wouldnt develop weapons, changing the narrative now to "well ok we knew they would use those billions to develop weapons, but we were afraid we would lose a court case" isnt going to fly.

If thats the argument Obama defenders try to hang their hat on, they are in for a massive let down as most people will rightfully call this argument terrible.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Israel provided the proof, the CIA is agreeing with it. There was a massive spy mission, it netted 100,000 documents. If our CIA verifies the activity that smuggled them out of Iran then that pretty much authenticates them. Liking Trump or not has nothing to do with it.

SO I assume you believe everything the cia says about russian hacking of the election too?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

strikes on Syria last night?

What??
I must have missed that!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If it turns out Obama was wrong as the US intel community now seems to be suggesting

How many of those in the intel community are part of the swamp I wonder?
Should we trust them?
They were so wrong about iraqs WMDs after all.

Well yes I agree. Not saying they are automatically wrong, just saying I am not going to take their word without proof. Thats what I ahve been saying about their investigation of trump russian collusion.

The problem is it seems like many people are willing to take their word when it helps their side, and distrust them when it hurts their side.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join