It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In like Flint, one the coolest movies of all time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's the movie that probably was Mike Myers inspiration for all the Austin Powers movies. Or at least a big part of it.

It's pretty cheesy with all the 60's sexism built in. Some of the scenes seem comical because they make me think of Austin Powers. But at the time and when I saw this when I was a kid it was a serious movie not comedy. Watching this movie is where I learned how to speak dolphin!

edit on 30-4-2018 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
James Coburn was super cool, charismatic and had huge sex appeal. I always loved the Flint movies. The President's Analyst was also an ace movie.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's pretty cheesy with all the 60's sexism built in. Some of the scenes seem comical because they make me think of Austin Powers. But at the time and when I saw this when I was a kid it was a serious movie not comedy. Watching this movie is where I learned how to speak dolphin!

Just before my time, but man, I really need to see these!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Those were fricken hilarious.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The presidential hotline in the Flint movies makes a great ringtone.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

He was a role model when I was younger and watched those movies.

That's how you were supposed to act!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Are, the 007 Spoofs of the 60s......lots of them.

The popular saying..."In like Flynn", was attributed to our own Aussie Errol Flynn, who was such a smash with the Lady's,

anytime, anywhere, anyplace....that if you were 1/4 as good, you were "In like Flynn".

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, us afficianardos, are aware that James Coburn personally trained with "The Great" Bruce Lee, in his Jeet Kune Do style.

De art of Fiding, widout fiding!!

I understand, Coburn had a bit of a spat with Clint Walker of Cheyenne fame, in one of the episodes......Big mistake...Clint was 6' 4", and built like Arnie, before Arnie was Arnie.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Coburn was buds with Bruce Lee.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The presidential hotline in the Flint movies makes a great ringtone.

I actually have that ring tone as my door bell sound! Got the audio from the internet and uploaded to my doorbell

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Always enjoyed the cheesy Flint movies, and the Dean Martin Matt Helm ones too. But my dad would always take my brother and I to see the Bond movies, Saturday matinee of Thunderball and Diamonds are Forever lol, it was great.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
I understand, Coburn had a bit of a spat with Clint Walker of Cheyenne fame, in one of the episodes......Big mistake...Clint was 6' 4", and built like Arnie, before Arnie was Arnie.

Just a side note, Clint died last week.

If you like these check out the Matt Helm movies. Dean Martin being, well Dean Martin.

top topics

join