It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School bans children from calling classmates their 'best friend'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A few months ago I posted a thread titled Tucker Carlson on Schools Banning Best Friends where Tucker interviewed a psychotherapist who was trying to promote the idea that kids having best friends is "exclusionary". Several people were quick to respond that Tucker was just trying to find insane leftists to make them look bad and that this type of thing would never happen, despite me providing an example of a school where it had previously occurred. Now it seems as though a preschool in the U.S. has enforced this rule:

Parents are outraged after a preschool in Massachusetts banned children from using the term “best friend.”

Mum Christine Hartwell told Boston 25 News that her four-year-old daughter Julia came home upset after her teacher at Pentucket Workshop Preschool in Georgetown, Massachusetts told her she couldn’t refer to any of her classmates as her “best friends.”
---
Upset over the “outrageous” and “silly” announcement, Hartwell searched for any rules or guidelines that backed up the policy in the Pentucket Workshop Preschool handbook and found none.

Then she went to the director of her daughter’s school.

But rather than appease her concerns, the director of the school sent a letter to the Hartwells, according to Boston 25 News, stating that they’d done their “research” about kids using the term best friend and found it might be hurtful.

School bans children from calling classmates their 'best friend'

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Good
These children need more PC in their life. No one needs besties anyways. Maybe next we will get lucky and the word poop will be banned.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The world gets more and more repulsive very day.

Not everyone gets along with everyone and not everyone likes everyone and not even everyone who likes you will like you as much as they might like someone else.

This is simply called life, and learning how to deal with it is part of growing up.
edit on 30-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ah dang, close if necessary.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am happy that when I was a child my parents taught me that things in life will not always be fair. That there are dangers that exist that we have to face or avoid, and that rarely will things always go the way that I would like them to.

I was taught that if life handed you a bunch of lemons then you have to learn how to make lemonade.

This new trending of coddling children in an attempt to protect them from having their feelings hurt is a huge mistake. Children raised in a plastic bubble constructed with a virtual reality, have no chance of making it in the real world. They are being handicapped and will be lambs waiting for the slaughter.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Being gay is no longer PC? Who would have thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Can we still use the term Best "Ho" or Best "Piece" ?

I want to be PC.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Remember that supposed russian defector that talked about how the Soviet Union would beat America from within through her educational system?

This was what he talked about. This is where your future leaders are - right now in language policed preschool classrooms and campus wide safe-spaces.

You all look to Putin for a national threat when all you should do is look within.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You can still use those terms but not in a heterosexual way

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Can we still use the term Best "Ho" or Best "Piece" ?

I want to be PC.

Stop hurting me ears feelings. There is no possible way they can sustain such constant bombardment of these non PC terms.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join