It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is now monitoring employees’ brainwaves and emotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wasn't sure exactly which forum to put this in but this is some pretty terrifying application of technology.

www.fastcompany.com...

The Orwellian-as-all-get-out practice is being conducted using “emotional surveillance technology” by both businesses in China and the country’s military, reports the South China Morning Post. The tech uses small wireless sensors embedded in employees’ hats that can monitor brainwaves. That brainwave data is then analyzed by AI to tell when an employee is tired, anxious, or even full of rage. One company using the brain-monitoring tech says profits have increased by $315 million since rolling it out way back in 2014. Other uses of the tech include monitoring drivers of trains to tell if they’ve fallen asleep or are at risk of doing so.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Ruthlessly myopic.

They and everyone else all hyped up on mind reading tech, synthetic telepathy, etc. need to be caged until assimilated back to reason and, you know, having a beating heart.

They literally have no fuggin clue what theyre getting into, let alone the validity or rather, invalidity, of the data they find and what it actually means, why and how these mental functions happen, let alone how to react to it...if at all.

Its not too dissimilar to the wildly idiotic approach to atomic/nuclear power ie: turn it into a weapon first, then build total # power plants on god damn fault lines...

Idiots .

edit on 4302018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I agree, but it's going to happen whether its now or in 20 years, whether its China or America, this future is coming, it's the next step, and all we can do is hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

I agree, but it's going to happen whether its now or in 20 years, whether its China or America, this future is coming, it's the next step, and all we can do is hope for the best.

Believe me I know all too well.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
China is doing just fine...

Almost 2 billion strong, still the lowest in every crime rate or death by cancer or aids or other...compared to the #1 in almost every category with 2/3 less people.

Let's worry about the brainwaves of the mentalists in the US who decide to go shoot up the workplace...

Speaking of which, May 1st so right around the corner, we're almost due for a new mass shooting.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And if You've ever seen daylight photos of Beijing or Shanghai, that is typing something...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Or maybe managers know that they can't treat employees badly and not get noticed. If several employees under one manager have extreme brainwave levels, then the higher ups know who to check out.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can see it being useful when I ask my girlfriend "Is something wrong?"
Just silence...
I honestly can't tell if she's pissed or if there is no issue and she's just chilling most of the time.
edit on 1-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I wasn't sure exactly which forum to put this in but this is some pretty terrifying application of technology.

www.fastcompany.com...

The Orwellian-as-all-get-out practice is being conducted using “emotional surveillance technology” by both businesses in China and the country’s military, reports the South China Morning Post. The tech uses small wireless sensors embedded in employees’ hats that can monitor brainwaves. That brainwave data is then analyzed by AI to tell when an employee is tired, anxious, or even full of rage. One company using the brain-monitoring tech says profits have increased by $315 million since rolling it out way back in 2014. Other uses of the tech include monitoring drivers of trains to tell if they’ve fallen asleep or are at risk of doing so.

The next cyborg generation is going to be so screwed up. Another development to add to the heap of technological absurdity.
edit on 13-4-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

It's going to be too expensive and to have no real benefit for most companies to bother with. This is more a proof of concept or a weird new toy at best.

It does not tell people anything that's usefulness for day to day business, why bother?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can see it being useful when I ask my girlfriend "Is something wrong?"
Just silence...
I honestly can't tell if she's pissed or if there is no issue and she's just chilling most of the time.

The secret to this is that there is always something wrong, and it's your fault that you don't know what it is.

top topics

join