It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Korean Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This message is a bit preemptive and some will probably say just virtue signalling. Maybe so but it's for a good cause. I'm aware and okay with that. Can you be?

People have been warmongering on this site for years. Showing vile glimses of their real innermost hatred. There have been calls for assassination, precision strikes, preemptive strikes, straight-up murder, even nuking our 'enemies'. The North Korean threat must be violently neutralized, they'd say, it's the only way. They'll never learn otherwise...

Whenever someone would stand up for peace and try to remind the bloodthirsty that war, death and destruction did not have to be the solution they'd be met with ridicule or ignored completely. Shun the non-believer. After all, they're going to get us, or our allies, or their own people, or someone, sometime, somewhere and that will not do.

That leads us up to now. It looks like things are moving in the right direction for peace to really have a chance in Korea. That could change, it could be a ruse, there are a few ways this could still end poorly. But it's a good start. Maybe eventually we'll even see unification. That's romanticized, I know. But do you think we'd be here now if we killed their leader? What about if we nuked them?

This message is meant to remind the violent, afraid, warmongers when the next 'threat' comes along. The cycle of perceived enemies is always rotating. We'll be back to Russia, Syria and Iran soon enough (there's another Israel drumming up the fear rhetoric thread right now actually).

Just keep in mind that peace can and does work. War and death need not be the solution in most cases.

Check your bloodthrist.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Very well said.

I have a feeling that if it was anyone else's name attached to this peace deal, other than Trump, most would be singing a different tune.

Just a hunch.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's the best chance we've ever had for Peace on the Korean Peninsula in my lifetime.

Regardless of Party Preference, Let's hope it actually happens.

edit on 30-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thanks for chiming in, guys. I didn't figure this would get much attention but still thought it needed to be said.

Also, I never knew that band was named War. That's appropriate.

new topics

top topics

join