It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Canada's Border Control Hypocrisy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
You have to love Canada. I don't know if they've overhydrated themselves with their watery beers, if their toques are too tight, or if they've finally succumbed to the self righteous French Canadian side of their country and by nature now just contradict themselves in all things just because they're French, but this is a pretty funny one.

2017... Canada's Prime Minister, Harry Styles, rips the US and Donald Trump over our newfound "draconian" immigration policies.
www.independent.co.uk...

Justin Trudeau has responded to Donald Trump’s immigration ban by saying Canada welcomes refugees who have been rejected from the US.

The Canadian Prime Minister also said he intends on talking to Mr Trump about the success of the refugee and immigration policy in Canada.

So, he intended on telling Trump of the "success of the refugee policy" in Canada, eh? We waited for nearly a year and now it seems Mr. Trudeau is, in fact, getting around to telling the United States about the wonders of Canada's policy and pushing the US to change our own accordingly...
www.thespec.com...

Deluged with Nigerian asylum seekers, Canada seeks stricter U.S. screening

WHAT!?!?!

MONTREAL — As Nigerian asylum seekers flood into Canada across a ditch in upstate New York, Canadian authorities are asking the United States for help — but not with managing the influx at the border.

Instead, they want U.S. immigration officials to reduce the foot traffic by screening Nigerians more stringently before granting them U.S. visas.

Let's bring this to a screeching halt right now to take a closer look at what's happening here.

2017- "USA, you need to be more accommodating to asylum seekers and refugees. Learn from Canada, who welcomes everyone."
2018- "USA, you're killing us here. Be more selective on who you let into your goddamned country and help us out up here a bit, eh? We're drowning in Nigerians up here."

Holy hell! 1 calendar year passed and the policy that was too stringent for Canada's blood has now become too lax and they need the US to...

The Canadian government has been trying to tone down its welcoming image — or, rather, to provide accurate information about how it processes refugee claims. Ethnic communities in the United States have been warned that actually winning refugee status here is hard.

Which is an absolute 180-degree turn from Trudeau's comments last January of...

“To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada,” he tweeted.

Come on in, now GTFO, eh?

Moral of story, people south of me, but north of the rest of the US: Don't tell other countries how to manage their immigration policies and then turn around and bitch and whine about having to make the same tough decisions yourselves. Sorry that pulling the welcome mat is personally difficult for you, and that you have to do it in plain view of the world despite talking out of your ass a year ago, saying you'd do exactly the opposite. Perhaps in the future you'll not white knight your way into something when you have no armor, no sword, and no steed to carry into that battle.

As a Western Canadian (not the Eastern trash this post is talking about) I fully agree with this post. Very few people outside of Quebec and Ontario support our turd of a leader. Unfortunately for us we don't have the Electoral College. Instead we have mob rule and outside of Quebec/Ontario/mainland BC none of our votes matter because we don't have the population numbers those 3 places do.

The Lie-beral government (which is not liberal but Progressive) is a pack of fools, liars and sex offenders who are completely full of it. They are a joke and millions of us in Canada fully agree with and would prefer to not be importing uneducated, illiterate 3rd worlders.

Funny fact though is that for as much as your Progs praise Canada our immigration system was (until recently) incredibly restrictive. Not since Prime Minister Zoolanfer took office though.

Also, never allow your country to be stripped of the Electoral College. It is by far the best method out there. Far better than the mob rule garbage we are subjected too. I always find it amusing when Americans state that their vote doesn't matter. It does. A voter in Wisconsin has a lot more power than I do in the province I live in. In our federal elections the election is all but over once we find out which way Ontario and Quebec go.

That would be like California and New York State deciding your elections. Scary right?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ElGoobero
by all accounts sub-Saharan Africa is a total ****hole.

But the sun pays it frequent visits unlike the barren, inhospitable wasteland that is Canada.

Nah we are good. Central American immigrants are your thing not ours. We prefer hard working, law abiding, grateful immigrants like Philipinos.

Keep your Central American trash thank you very much.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You have quoted from two Different Canadian Prime Ministers. Both have different views on immigration.

What's the problem?

Unless Justin Trudeau is bipolar, not, I've quoted from the same PM on both.

LMAO... the "Canadian PM, Harry Styles" comment was a dig. LOL!!! Harry Styles is an English musician who looks like Trudeau, not a former or current Canadian PM!

Hey!!!! That's Prime Minister Derek Zoolander to you Yankee trash

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Canada will build a wall, and make us pay for it.

Yep! Our leader Harry Styles is every bit as moronic as your orange clown of a leader, it just might happen!

Prime Minister Zoolander is far, far worse than Trump. It's not even comparable. At all.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Please don't call me a Yankee. I was born and raised far enough south to deserve better than that.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
maybe a wall isnt such a bad idea. i hope its made from metal.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

If I, an American citizen, were to seek asylum in Canada, I would be rejected simply because I am on disability. I'd be told to take a hike, and that would be that, because I would not be bringing a wheelbarrow full of cash with me.

They can take their hypocrisy and shove it where a hockey puck should be lodged.
Ok I have to ask, Do you know this for a fact or just talking bullsnip? Either is fine really, I'm just curious. As a Canadian, I would think it would depend on just what your disability was for. Sorry to say but, just like in the states, we have too many people who ride the gravy train called disability. As such we are forced to be more selective than we would normally like when it comes to people entering our country. Plus most people who immigrate here don't have a truck full of money when they get here... the Government give it to them at our expense, along with housing, and in some cases jobs and schooling. In some (rare) cases displacing natural born citizens in the process.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
If they cant understand how to become a first world country. Why would they understand the hard life it takes to build one in a place made for the hard?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
That is not exactly what is happening.
1 : Canada-USA agreement force aliens to cross our border illegally.
Canada has an agreement with the USA that refugee must apply for immigration in the country they are physically. So a refugee in the USA cannot apply for refugee status in Canada from the USA. So if a person walks to the Canadian border and asked to enter Canada and apply for refugee status, the Canadian border agency has no choice but to turn him around and tell him he must apply in the USA. The agreement stipulates among many things that Canada considers USA as a safe country for aliens applying for refugee status. Because of this agreement, aliens now try to cross our border illegally to apply for refugee status in Canada directly, where Canada then has an obligation to process the application legally and with due process. What Canada wants is to change this agreement so that aliens can come to any border custom and be process properly right there and enter Canada legally.

2 - The Quebec issue :
Turns out the best road for African immigrants is to arrive by plane in NYC, get to the Canadian border and walk across it illegally, and that place is in Quebec. So now Quebec has to deal with a flow of refugees much higher than our system can cope with, considering that historically, it's quite rare that American actually cross the border like that for obvious reasons. Quebec people are by a large majority in favour of controlling the border and ensuring that aliens are processes properly and don't have to flow in large numbers illegally. Also, we want the Canadian government to process those applying for refugee status faster, because now the higher number of applications will cause years instead of months to be processed. Most of them will be refused, because they are not in an emergency in their home country, but if they have to wait years to get an answer, that causes a lot of problems, especially considering that Quebec as an obligation to provide them with a minimum standard of life since Canada as signed international agreements to ensure that illegal immigrants are treated humanly before decisions on their status are made.

Quebec has been able to make its culture and language survive for 400 years, despite France abandoning us and Britain trying to assimilate us. The fact we are still here is a small miracle in itself. We ask the Canadian government to ensure that immigrants don't flow in uncontrollably, even if we are willing to accept more immigrants. Also, we wish we could have more resources to ensure that these immigrants can integrate properly in our society. The problem lies in Canada's never-ending debate between the power of the federal government that controls the border and most of the immigration policies, and the provincial government, that has to spend on the program integrating immigrants. So comments like "self-righteous French Canadian side of their country" just demonstrate a very poor understanding of Canada's political context.

The question of how many, if any, refugee should Canadian welcome is a complex debate. Most of Canada sees itself as an immigration country, rightfully, but more often than not, that's the case as long it's not in their own backyard. And just like in the USA, there is a strong divide between urban and rural people. As for Quebec, because of our language and history, we worry more about this issue than other regions, because we need to protect our language, which the rest of Canada always misunderstand.

3 The Canada-USA border
The fact that Canada and USA border is the biggest "unmilitarize" border in the world remains, in my opinion, something we should be proud of. Despite some of our differences, Canada and USA have been able to maintain a peaceful and profitable relation for both countries for over 100 years. Illegal aliens in the USA do not come from the Canadian border and any significant number. What Canadian want is simply for the policy and agreement between our two countries not to encourage aliens to enter Canada illegally. They can go to a custom, ask to become refugee, by properly processed by our government and be "distributed" fairly among the province and receive a formal and proper answer in an appropriate time.

Giving our capacity to integrate them and if some aliens are really in a dangerous situation in their home country and they do not represent a threat to our country, then the government can allow a certain number of them to become immigrants in Canada. How many and under what condition ? Well, that's a debate Canadian must have. But we need to keep in mind that as much as we want to protect our country and our way of life, we are just lucky to be born in a prosper and peaceful country, and refugees did not choose to be born where they were. It seems unfair to just lock up the doors and just let them suffer. It's a question of finding the right balance, and it's difficult.

Sorry for the long post

edit on 2-5-2018 by WuChang because: Spelling

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The question of how many illiterate non-native tongues speaking third world refugees that should be taken, should be zero barring they be in life threatening situation, and even then only a very minute amount distributed and barred from making their own ghettos that don't assimilate.

As for the canada USA border, if canada is going to open the gates to uneducated illiterate violent mobs with hostile superstitious beliefs from all around the world, we should militarize the border.

Soon the world will face economic hardship, anything from global depression to possibly a SHTF scenario. Mexico, may end like venezuela or worse. And Canada, are they self sufficient in terms of agriculture and resources? If not they too may face similar. We need our borders fortified, because if push comes to shove, and nations start collapsing, it may be millions that want in. Let them in? Let them in, and we will sink with them too.

The world has finite resources, the U.S. has finite resources. Worse case, the U.S cannot handle an intake of millions or tens of millions of refugees coming in in quick succession, especially during an economic downturn.

edit on 2-5-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
As a Western Canadian (not the Eastern trash this post is talking about) I fully agree with this post. Very few people outside of Quebec and Ontario support our turd of a leader.

As a Nova Scotian I'm compelled to say "bite me." The bloody arrogance of the west is nauseating. All's well when things are going your way. It was for YEARS. Now not so much and the bitching. Spare me.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

I researched it with the immigration website. Item #7.

www.canada.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join