It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Canada's Border Control Hypocrisy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If I, an American citizen, were to seek asylum in Canada, I would be rejected simply because I am on disability. I'd be told to take a hike, and that would be that, because I would not be bringing a wheelbarrow full of cash with me.

They can take their hypocrisy and shove it where a hockey puck should be lodged.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people from sub-Saharan Africa want to move to an ice-blasted tundra.

Free stuff and western women/men.

edit on 30-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Over estimating the ability to absorb so many refugees. That Trudeau's crime here. Not defending him per se. Just pointing out the obvious in a highly baiting thread.

In other words, a knee jerk virtue signal?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Nyet, just a plain jane politician. Say whatever needs to be said, to pander to the audience at hand.

Over promise, and under deliver.

Which is what is currently happening across Canada, on a host of different topics.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Nyet, just a plain jane politician. Say whatever needs to be said, to pander to the audience at hand.

Over promise, and under deliver.

Which is what is currently happening across Canada, on a host of different topics.

Not every politician says "peoplekind".

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So what?

Every Canadian politician, in my lifetime, has managed to say something equally stupid, in many cases even more so then Trudeau Jr.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So what?

Every Canadian politician, in my lifetime, has managed to say something equally stupid, in many cases even more so then Trudeau Jr.

As anyone could point to anywhere.

However, we're discussing Trudeau and his about face, hence my comment.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

However, we're discussing Trudeau and his about face, hence my comment.

That is a discussion that is impossible as long as the name of the game is to deny what causes it to happen.

This is a systematic issue in Canada. A great deal of the blame falls directly at the feet of the rules that our country has decided to follow. We can call the individual out on it (might make you feel good, but wont actually address the issue), or we can sit down and talk about why this is a fundamental issue in Canadian politics, and why it happens to every Canadian politician.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As far as turdeau, I think it's a lieberal thang lol. Got a laugh from the Harry styles :-) You have to remember that turdeau is a politician and hence a puppet for the benefit of his globalist handlers. Puppets don't have brains so calling him excessively mentally challenged would be a gross understatement. He is "brand-idiot." You have to wonder what it's like to have almost a perfect vacuum between between its ears. I say almost for the sake of that one brain cell that's dying alone in there.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people from sub-Saharan Africa want to move to an ice-blasted tundra.

Free Air conditioning?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I've only crossed the Canada border once.
I got the full shake-down.
No real interest in going back anytime soon.
I can travel back and forth to Mexico with minimal hassle.
There aren't even border guards on Christmas.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

The same thing happened to me back in 1972. Not going into Canada, returning to the US. We had to sit there for 3 hours not allowed to speak among ourselves. They searched the car, even sifted through the ash tray looking for marijuana seeds.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: skunkape23

The same thing happened to me back in 1972. Not going into Canada, returning to the US. We had to sit there for 3 hours not allowed to speak among ourselves. They searched the car, even sifted through the ash tray looking for marijuana seeds.

I lost my Mustang back in the 80's because my brother had let his hash pipe in my car. Confiscated it and we were on our own at the NB/Maine border. We had to find our way back to NS sans transportation. Mind you that was the Ronnie Raygun years. Took thousands to get the car back. I'm pretty sure we can one up Americans easily when it comes to border crossing. My experience was over 30 years ago. I can't see it getting any better. BTW I have been back a couple of times. Didn't hold it against you guys.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I had mine stitched in the seam of shirt collar.
That was my main reason for going there.
Got away with it, but they were onto me.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yea bring in enough desperate asylum seeker that have nothing to lose and everything to gain citizen ship as fast as they can so they can vote for the hand that fed them...

www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/white-south-african-familys-refugee-bid-rejected-allegedly-boosted-case-with-white-supremacist-informat ion/amp
edit on 1-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

Would beleive the liberals want to get rid of the rule that only Canadian citizens can vote.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Some places in the US are trying to do that. Only legal for local elections so far. I even saw this guy from Univision on Fox News. He says he is an American citizen so he votes here and then goes down to vote in Mexico. Dual citizen?

In the past couple of months I have seen 3 or 4 people admit that they vote in multiple states. It was like, "I lived there but now I'm a resident here. I still own property there so I still vote there also." It almost makes sense.

We either need to find a way to crosscheck the voter rolls or just accept it. There is almost no way to catch these people.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I can see that. I worked with a guy 15 years ago that was a duel citizen. He took both seriously. I'd wager he voted in both countries. No prob.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Driver license and national registration? It not so much dual citizenship that bugs me, it just the way some political platforms are undermining the way things should be and that have worked.

There actually anti terrorism laws here that have strict penalties all the while Truduh willing rehabilitate ISIS insurgents and even give Omar Kadr 10 million due to discrimination under that useless charter that his father made.

There a current issue with immigration right now as we speak, and mainstream news ain't covering it out then a few municipal new outlet have. Oddly enough for any immigrant is the lack of low skilled jobs that aren't available these days.

50000 jobs were lost due to minimium wage increase that the liberals put into place in past Feburary.

Political processes aren't really my strong suit. Also they are trying to move alot of these immigrants to northern Ontario, which is pretty barren and ain't so diverse ether.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Since Trudeau's massive reforms take us back to pre 2012...how did we make it to 2012 in the first place if the pre 2012 system was so bad for Canada?

As for Khadr, be thankfully it was only $10 million. If the government had allowed that to proceed to the courts, it would have most likely been a significantly larger sum (not including the increased legal fees). Something that is always neglected when the topic comes up.

Minimum wage? That is Provincial jurisdiction. I'm not quite sure how the federal government can take blame or reward for it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Unable? Or unwilling? There is a bit of a difference...

Now then, are American voters unable to? That's, seemingly, another question. If enough American voters said it should happen, it would. Politician are, after all, cowards for the most part...they like being employed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join