It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Canada's Border Control Hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

You're obviously just jealous of Canada's beauty and well liked status in the world.

Don't worry, Donald is going to make your s#hole Country great again!

Just keep our oil safe, that's all we care about.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

i would say, not better government, but less government. IMHO less means better government

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

While none of that should have made any sense it actually made complete sense. My bags are packed. Will my polar fleece keep me warm becasue of the name?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

If pointing out brutal irony is "baiting" then OK, guilty as hell. Thus, I placed it in the Pit.

Well if the largest state n the Union with a population not much larger than the suburb of Toronto I live in is overcrowded maybe you should see the mistake Trudeau made. Large area. Not so much the infrastructure.

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is a "FU keep your mouth shut about OUR business."

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While none of that should have made any sense it actually made complete sense.

I actually have that as a quote on my business cards.

Layer those fleeces and you'll be fine.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is a "FU keep your mouth shut about OUR business."

Yup, Stevie Wonder could see that..as soon as "watery beer" was mentioned I knew facts were not the point

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If pointing out brutal irony is "baiting" then OK, guilty as hell. Thus, I placed it in the Pit.

Well if the largest state n the Union with a population not much larger than the suburb of Toronto I live in is overcrowded maybe you should see the mistake Trudeau made. Large area. Not so much the infrastructure.

The irony is that is what your comment is all about as well..

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No, more of a "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." It is very ironic to me, as an American who believes we need stronger immigration controls, much, much stronger than even what President Trump has proposed, that many of the countries most critical of this shift in US immigration policy also have policies which are even stronger than what the US is attempting to enforce. Canada, Mexico, much of Europe... The Vatican are fortresses compared to the United States. The US is one of the easiest countries in the world to obtain a visa or even citizenship in. That's not hyperbole, it is a fact.
www.immigroup.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yup, Stevie Wonder could see that..as soon as "watery beer" was mentioned I knew facts were not the point

If you can drink a Molson and not use the word "watery" in the description, then I'd question whether you were actually drinking a Molson.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No, can't recall, been awhile, Molson is not my 1st choice..I think another poster noted our export beer is watered down for the U.S. market.
TPTB in the U.S. know it's more than you guys can handle

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No, can't recall, been awhile, Molson is not my 1st choice..I think another poster noted our export beer is watered down for the U.S. market.
TPTB in the U.S. know it's more than you guys can handle

My BIL is married to a Canadian. I've had the real thing and, sorry to say, "Molson Canadian" tastes like watered down Bud Light.

Look, there's obviously a world of difference between microbrews and commercially mass produced American and Canadian beer. That said, sales figures indicate that Bud, Coors, and Molson are the top sold beers in Canada, same as Bud, Coors, and Miller are the top sold beers in the US. American beer tastes watery, too.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

To truly understand and appreciate the peculiar the peculiar marriage of hypocrisy and politics in Canada, I'd recommend you watch an old TV program,
www.imdb.com...

A Vancouver cop turned coroner searches for truth and justice with the help of his friends.

There is no truth, and justice is never had and the cop is repeatedly stabbed in the back by his so-called friends, and then of course, promoted so he can't cover his backside. And everyone is master at the "Passive-Agressive".

Its a genuine Jewell.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

True, there are some fine craft breweries, to be honest, most of time I enjoy Sleeman Honey Brown.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Then there's large brewing companies that are regional. Lucky from BC. Alexander Keith's in Nova Scotia. I see both here in Ontario but not being a cross country beer they are not going to show up in the stats well. Smaller markets than the national brands.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is the best thread about beer I've read in weeks!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2018 by JosephKnecht because: nm

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Canada will build a wall, and make us pay for it.

Yep! Our leader Harry Styles is every bit as moronic as your orange clown of a leader, it just might happen!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If you think that's bad just wait. June 1st, the government is relaxing restrictions on healthcare for immigrants which means the Canadian taxpayer has to pay more for services used by non-Canadians who don't contribute taxes.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No, more of a "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." It is very ironic to me, as an American who believes we need stronger immigration controls, much, much stronger than even what President Trump has proposed, that many of the countries most critical of this shift in US immigration policy also have policies which are even stronger than what the US is attempting to enforce. Canada, Mexico, much of Europe... The Vatican are fortresses compared to the United States. The US is one of the easiest countries in the world to obtain a visa or even citizenship in. That's not hyperbole, it is a fact.
www.immigroup.com...

Sooooooo......... your bitter your leaders are weak and unable to stem the flow? And this is how you vent?

And yes, I know our current leader is very weak as well, no need to remind me.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hah, American beer is horse piss. And besides, we have more economic freedom than the self-proclaimed land of freedom.

Other than that I completely agree with what you said. The Canadian government is a virtue-signaller, nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join