It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Canada's Border Control Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You have to love Canada. I don't know if they've overhydrated themselves with their watery beers, if their toques are too tight, or if they've finally succumbed to the self righteous French Canadian side of their country and by nature now just contradict themselves in all things just because they're French, but this is a pretty funny one.

2017... Canada's Prime Minister, Harry Styles, rips the US and Donald Trump over our newfound "draconian" immigration policies.
www.independent.co.uk...

Justin Trudeau has responded to Donald Trump’s immigration ban by saying Canada welcomes refugees who have been rejected from the US.

The Canadian Prime Minister also said he intends on talking to Mr Trump about the success of the refugee and immigration policy in Canada.

So, he intended on telling Trump of the "success of the refugee policy" in Canada, eh? We waited for nearly a year and now it seems Mr. Trudeau is, in fact, getting around to telling the United States about the wonders of Canada's policy and pushing the US to change our own accordingly...
www.thespec.com...

Deluged with Nigerian asylum seekers, Canada seeks stricter U.S. screening

WHAT!?!?!

MONTREAL — As Nigerian asylum seekers flood into Canada across a ditch in upstate New York, Canadian authorities are asking the United States for help — but not with managing the influx at the border.

Instead, they want U.S. immigration officials to reduce the foot traffic by screening Nigerians more stringently before granting them U.S. visas.

Let's bring this to a screeching halt right now to take a closer look at what's happening here.

2017- "USA, you need to be more accommodating to asylum seekers and refugees. Learn from Canada, who welcomes everyone."
2018- "USA, you're killing us here. Be more selective on who you let into your goddamned country and help us out up here a bit, eh? We're drowning in Nigerians up here."

Holy hell! 1 calendar year passed and the policy that was too stringent for Canada's blood has now become too lax and they need the US to...

The Canadian government has been trying to tone down its welcoming image — or, rather, to provide accurate information about how it processes refugee claims. Ethnic communities in the United States have been warned that actually winning refugee status here is hard.

Which is an absolute 180-degree turn from Trudeau's comments last January of...

“To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada,” he tweeted.

Come on in, now GTFO, eh?

Moral of story, people south of me, but north of the rest of the US: Don't tell other countries how to manage their immigration policies and then turn around and bitch and whine about having to make the same tough decisions yourselves. Sorry that pulling the welcome mat is personally difficult for you, and that you have to do it in plain view of the world despite talking out of your ass a year ago, saying you'd do exactly the opposite. Perhaps in the future you'll not white knight your way into something when you have no armor, no sword, and no steed to carry into that battle.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oh the irony! The same thing is happening to the South with the horse-drawn wagon load of Central Americans. Mexico refuses to help us out and allows asylum seekers to cross their entire country unimpeded. I am pretty sure someone seeking asylum is supposed to be taken in by the 1st country they come to.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd applaud you if I could!!!

I can't make sense of most the policies in Canada.
I love our people and the amount of beauty up here but I hate our government.
Like most places...we need a better government as well.

If you want to see our history of immigration policies,look at how we treated the natives and they didn't even have to cross the border.

Our PM is a blowhard SJW.

edit on 30-4-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

link   

Canada will build a wall, and make us pay for it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people from sub-Saharan Africa want to move to an ice-blasted tundra.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Canada also deport North Korean refugees:

Despite its reputation as a haven for refugees, Canada has been deporting North Korean asylum seekers who came to the country through South Korea.

www.aljazeera.com...

As to why they are lying about their status:

But many of those who told their stories on stage at the Korean Canadian Cultural Association of Metropolitan Toronto Monday night say the problem is that they falsified reports on their immigration documents, pretending to be from China or other countries in the region in order to gain entry into Canada. They say for them, it was a matter of protecting family members still in North Korea.

"We needed to lie. If we didn't lie, we wouldn't have survived," refugee Younglan Lee said. She fled North Korea in 2003.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Poutine and Justin Bieber.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Poutine still lives there, sadly Justin doesn't.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Poutine still lives there, sadly Justin doesn't.

Don't say that! (They might not know. . . )

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people from sub-Saharan Africa want to move to an ice-blasted tundra.

by all accounts sub-Saharan Africa is a total ****hole.

I've never heard a single positive comment about.

no poutine in Europe, USA is locking the doors, so I guess Canada is the best option.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

But the sun pays it frequent visits unlike the barren, inhospitable wasteland that is Canada.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Over estimating the ability to absorb so many refugees. That Trudeau's crime here. Not defending him per se. Just pointing out the obvious in a highly baiting thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So many presidents have wanted stricter immigration

If you put Obama's and trumps and Clinton's and Bush's quotes up here on immigration and didnt say who said what most of us would not be able tell the difference.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I agree with everything you say except that part about the beer. Up until the 80's their beer was not half bad. Then the US govt said the alcohol content was too high and now we have all these watered down export beers. I assume they still have the real thing in Canada.

Maybe Canada can do the right thing with immigrants. We should talk to them and get this Mexican Caravan from Honduras onto a train and continue their trip up into Canada. Just put them in cattle cars, the trip isn't that far. In return we can agree to let them lecture us for the next 10 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like touring Canada and drinking imported beers like Coors and Bud. Trouble is, there's only three decent months to do it in.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

But the sun pays it frequent visits unlike the barren, inhospitable wasteland that is Canada.

You're obviously just jealous of Canada's beauty and well liked status in the world.

Don't worry, Donald is going to make your s#hole Country great again!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You have quoted from two Different Canadian Prime Ministers. Both have different views on immigration.

What's the problem?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hey now, I also live in a sunlight starved tundra environment and while winters are a bit drab, summers are magnificent. As to why so many warm climate s#*thole refugees live in Canada and Alaska, I have what I call the mosquito bite theory. Scratching mosquito bites feels good, it releases endorphines, and is one of the few activities that doesn't have a law of diminishing returns. Like orgasms, scratching an itchy mosquito bite feels as good the 100th time you scratch it as it did the first time your scratched it. That said, in warmer climates mosquitoes carry all manner of diseases... to enjoy scratching a bite in those parts of the world means you also are preoccupied with whether that bite came along with a dose of sleeping sickness, ebola, the plague, VD, West Nile Virus, or a bad case of loose bowels. In Canada and Alaska, no such worries. Our mosquitoes are disease free and ready to go 24/7.

That and sunlight is overrated. Humans don't photosynthesize, so sunlight is really not mandatory for anything beyond avoidance of deep depression... and we in Alaska have alcohol and now other legal substances that supposedly cure that problem, so...

Important Note to all refugees, immigrants, and pretty much anyone not a resident of Alaska: While I am singing the praises of Alaska, please note that the state is overpopulated and we have been forced to light up the "NO VACANCY" sign. Canada, however, still has a very large amount of capacity so there's really no need for anyone to even try to come through, over, or around Canada just to reach overcrowded, sardine can Alaska.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You have quoted from two Different Canadian Prime Ministers. Both have different views on immigration.

What's the problem?

Unless Justin Trudeau is bipolar, not, I've quoted from the same PM on both.

LMAO... the "Canadian PM, Harry Styles" comment was a dig. LOL!!! Harry Styles is an English musician who looks like Trudeau, not a former or current Canadian PM!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If pointing out brutal irony is "baiting" then OK, guilty as hell. Thus, I placed it in the Pit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join