It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie:A Quite Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
youtu.be...
I missed the theatrical release so now I gotta wait for blue ray.

I seen the trailer at the movies last night and was instantly pulled in. I am a big fan of John Kransinski aka Jim from
The Office and am quite interested seeing him in a serious role in a horror flick.

He rewrote the script,stars and directed this movie. It’s got crazy good reviews too.
Just wanted to share just in case some people haven’t heard about it.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yep it looks fantastic. Hope to see it in a few weeks with the wife. I also heard that they are in talks of making a sequel. Read reviews on it and it is literally a very quiet movie. Some people almost felt awkward trying to just eat their popcorn lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yea I’d imagine there isn’t much dialogue between characters with the focus more on the visual than audible. I too
Am excited to watch this movie with my wife. She is a John Kransinski fan and she adores the office.

a reply to: HawkeyeNation

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
youtu.be...
I missed the theatrical release so now I gotta wait for blue ray.

I seen the trailer at the movies last night and was instantly pulled in. I am a big fan of John Kransinski aka Jim from
The Office and am quite interested seeing him in a serious role in a horror flick.

He rewrote the script,stars and directed this movie. It’s got crazy good reviews too.
Just wanted to share just in case some people haven’t heard about it.

I saw it, interesting idea I guess, but wouldn't pay for it twice. Won't spoil it for you, but wife fell asleep during movie because of the lack of dialogue.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Seen it. I wasn't so impressed. Without giving too much away lets say it looks very polished and the actors are alright but you don't really care for any of them because of their insane stupidity.
The whole film can be watched once and entertain to a certain degree but award winning or a masterpiece it ain't.

Little spoiler:

The worst thing is the many illogical things that are happening throughout the film. They are face-palmingly stupid.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Humans especially children really are face palming level stupid most of the time. Still gunna watch it

a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i really liked it. i thought it had a great atmosphere and built tension well.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I agree with fiver, it did build tension quite nicely, same thing with the atmosphere. I wouldn't consider it a modern masterpiece though. It was entertaining, well made and acted, but I think the critical reviews are a bit exaggerated. Still, it was a creative idea in a time where original movies are few and far between in the midst of all the remakes and I appreciate that a lot.
edit on 30-4-2018 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2018 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I liked it.
For what that's worth.
I don't think I've ever seen a movie with silence as a horror device.
'Tremors,' maybe.
It's a nice counterpoint to super-heroes and explosions.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just caught it on demand, now that it's only $3.99.

I actually thought it was good. Super suspenseful and for a mostly silent film they did a good job with just their expressions. Tell you what though, all of those kids need a slap.. how stupid can you be?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is that Emily Blunt I saw? Yeah! She is a powerful actor. I liked the tension mixed with the need to be quiet -- not unlike that which many of us have experienced in our lives. Add in the mystery and intrigue, and what's not to like??

Of course, it won't hit Grand Cayman for at least three years, but at least I have something new to look forward to

new topics

top topics

join