It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize says South Korean leader.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

It's no wonder you find it hard to believe how Trump's rhetoric forced Kim into doing what no NK ruler has done in the last 6? 7? decades. 

Trump's rhetoric did help, I said as much a pg or so back.
Spider said.

I said pretty much samething couple wks ago that he deserved props when he doesn't fkup , and actually does something positive, so yeah if it played out for the positive under his watch then go get your peace prize Mr president. 
BTW Kim having nuke infrastructure problems, made him more pliable . 

Donno why you find the efforts of Obama and allies funny, Iran have no Nukes and the Intl watchdogs are there, perhaps the reasons why we are not more at ease with Iran is because we are involved in a geo-religious war on the side of Saudi Arabia being their defacto Navy.

BTW keep an eye Bolton's sorry ass, he could very well torpedo the whole thing, this fool mentioned the Libya model publicly!! why say that out loud when after the Libyans gave up their Nukes we went for regime change and fk that nation into an uncontrollable nightmare.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

He somehow got the mountain under which North Korea tested its nukes to collapse from repeated usage, leading to them thereafter abandon nuclear testing as a result out of necessity. From an objective point of view, one would initially think that North Korea had no choice to start negotiating before their lack of leverage became publicly known. On second thought, a childish tweet must have caused the mountain to collapse. Yes - that must be it. /s

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm quoting the EXACT wording from the NNC as to why they awarded Obama the NPP:

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Link: www.nobelprize.org...

So by that very definition then so should Trump be awarded the NPP for his work with Korea.

But I need to be honest here. I really want Trump to be awarded the NPP because I know this will happen to the leftists:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Donno why you find the efforts of Obama and allies funny, Iran have no Nukes

They had no nukes before, it's not like he made them lose any. What he did was pave them a way for absolutely making sure they can have nukes and hide it from the world, and award them with alot of cash, some say could argue it was Iran's money the firstplace but it's still a huge reward anyway you look at it.

and the Intl watchdogs are there

Doing what exactly? Visiting pre-selected sites on certain dates under close inspection of the inspectors? Pff, Israel for example fooled the entire world the same way.
Sorry for not putting my entire trust in a team of people who are so clueless to even agree to "inspect" under those conditions.

originally posted by: Outlier13
I'm quoting the EXACT wording from the NNC as to why they awarded Obama the NPP:

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Link: www.nobelprize.org...

Yup that's the one. That was the liberal talking point back then and the main justification for why did he deserve it.

But making such huge progress on the SK/NK issue even as a part of a team of negotiators.. That's not Nobel enough?
I'm pretty sure that if Trump would even be considered for a reward, he would suggest that every negotiator should be rewarded.
edit on 2-5-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 2-5-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Having been watching this the following can be stated:
Before going into this there are a few things to be stated: In order for there to be a peace treaty, there are 4 countries that have to sign off on it. That would be North and South Korea, China and the United States. Once all 4 signatures are on the document, the Korean conflict will be at an end and there will be peace in the area.
Now keep that in mind as this goes forward and here is the current state of such:
The President of South Korea is stating that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts.

And this has gone back and forth, some saying yes, heralding Trump and claiming victory, and others are saying that the man has done nothing, beyond tweeting.

At the prompting of China, North Korea has started with talks with South Korea, about ending the Korean conflict. And has reached out, with 3 of the primary participants sitting down and talking, starting the negotiations for ending the conflict, with the United States of America not being present. There is no US ambassador in South Korea. And with the end of the Korean conflict there will be ramification that most people are not aware of or even know about, the dynamic of the area as well as the strategic focus will change as well.

Now, the question as to why the South Korean president stated that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize and the answer is there: It is to stroke Trump’s ego and manipulate him. They need the US agreement and signature on any peace treaty to officially end the Korean conflict.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Now, the question as to why the South Korean president stated that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize and the answer is there: It is to stroke Trump’s ego and manipulate him. They need the US agreement and signature on any peace treaty to officially end the Korean conflict.

I think many world leaders are seeing how easy Trump is to manipulate. French President has him eating out of his hands. So it wouldn't surprise me at all. Easiest way to get Trump to help you, is to give him praise.

But again I'll give Trump credit if he actually had something to do with this. I want some proofs beyond the sad theory that tweets by the President forced Kim to establish peace talks with SK. That is ridiculous. Were the sanctions having an effect? If so, credit Trump. Needs proofs however. I still think this has little to do with Trump however. Other than perhaps Kim taking a different tack, trying to find a way how to deal with Trump.

Obama getting the Nobel puzzled me completely.. didn't get it at all.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I wouldn’t hold my breath.

The criteria for winning the laughably named “peace prize” is apparently to be a warmongering sociopath.

So far Trump has started a grand total of 0 wars.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

MOAB bunker buster.

'Murica!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: andrewh7

MOAB bunker buster.

'Murica!

Calling this bomb a "bunker buster" is a massive understatement. It is designed to destroy sub-subterranean facilities.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have been saying it for 3 weeks that he will probably get the Noble peace prize, however not for good reason.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would think that the Nobel Peace prize requires a high standard of morality, witch tRump obviously does not have.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They are not giving one out this year.

Imagine that.

Too many sex scandals. Don't know if it's the nominee's or the committee.

lol

edit on 5 4 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join