It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize says South Korean leader.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Willtell

Trump NEGOTIATED a peace, and you accuse him of being Hitler.

Just curious. How did Trump negotiate this again?

I remember Kim Yong-Il taking his special train to China before agreeing to this, but I don't remember Trump negotiating anything? Help me out with some data or links.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
If they don't give the Peace Prize to Trump, it will be the final nail in the coffin that establishes that the Nobel Peace Prize is worthless.

It has been for some time.

I believe it was quite obvious when Obama received his award that the award and it's selection process were purely political.

Obama even hinted at the irony of him winning the award in his acceptance speech, considering he was in charge of the US military and they were fighting multiple wars.

Even though I think the award is political, we can still give credit where credit is due if Trump is really playing a role in uniting Korea. Some people may not like him or his politics, but being part of changing the hearts of hardened leaders and their people is not something to simply dismiss.

Good on him and we shall see what comes of it.
edit on 30-4-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It worked, didn't it?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Trump NEGOTIATED a peace, and you accuse him of being Hitler.

Just curious. How did Trump negotiate this again?

I remember Kim Yong-Il taking his special train to China before agreeing to this, but I don't remember Trump negotiating anything? Help me out with some data or links.

Well, come on... don't you remember this negotiation tactic?

My button is bigger

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I think you know the answer, but i help you on the way anyway.

Remember the meetings with Xi? Of course China helped, Trump understood that without China this would not be possible or very hard. Start there and you will figure it out.

edit on 30-4-2018 by EartOccupant because: Dust in my eye

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If there is peace then I can’t see an issue with President Trump getting this

I kind of think both SK and NK were so worried a mad man is in the White House, they wanted to reach out to each other before he could potentially start a horrific war that would result in horrendous casualties on both sides

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It would certainly validate "War Is Peace".

Guess they would just need to convince everyone that "Slavery Is Freedom" and "Ignorance Is Strength" and the world will be golden.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why would Trump want a Nobel peace prize ? When they have been sullied to the point that they are...
edit on 30-4-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'll give Trump all the credit in the world for a lasting peace, if it happens, if it can be shown what he did to promote it. I don't think his threats caused Kim to have a change of heart. Every time Trump threatened Kim, he would launch another missile test.

I think it was one of two things. Either Trump actually had an effect on China, who are pushing NK into peace.. in which case, he deserves credit. Or, the testing site in NK had the failure we read about, but don't know fully about. And it pushed back their nuclear program by years. And so Kim figured the bigger win would to have a "change of heart" and make moves towards peace with SK.

Maybe a bit of both, who knows. But Kim's stance changed very quickly, and I don't think Trump had a lot to do with his sudden change of heart.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

If possible I think the peace prize should go to the team of men who have worked to get this deal done. Trump is only one actor in this play.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Donald Trump acts like a child, name calling etc. The Nobel Peace Prize has already been undermined by awarding Obama when he clearly did not deserve it. Should the prize be awarded to Trump, nobody will pay attention to that award again.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not good enough - the NPP doesn't quite encapsulate what Trump has achieved.

It should now be called 'The Donald J Trump Peace Endeavour' and should be awarded based on merit, not skin colour or size of bank account.

Oh, and about that triggering - I certainly am counting on it, especially if this thread is anything to go by - it'll be epic hysteria and hypocrisy and brainwashing all rolled into one big fat haha suck it up cupcake, shed your tears at someone who cares.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I LOVE this!!! We have "B.C.", "A.D." and now "A.T."

Seventy years from now grandparents will be telling their grandkids. .."I remember, way back in 0001AT I think it was, right after the Great Triggering, people running through the streets with their pussy hats on fire and sacrificing small random animals in makeshift temples constructed of tofu..."

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The drone attacks are worse under Trump.

Obama had certain rules that tried to prevent the slaughter of civilians Trump removed those safeguards

It’s an idiot who thinks that kind of person should be rewarded with praise for such acts

A moral idiot

Trump looking to loosen Obama limits on drone strikes'

US President Donald Trump is seeking to loosen some Obama-era limits on drone attacks and ground raids outside conventional warzones, US media reports have said.

edit on 30-4-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: MisterSpock

I LOVE this!!! We have "B.C.", "A.D." and now "A.T."

Seventy years from now grandparents will be telling their grandkids. .."I remember, way back in 0001AT I think it was, right after the Great Triggering, people running through the streets with their pussy hats on fire and sacrificing small random animals in makeshift temples constructed of tofu..."

That post was simply............

You get the ATS Tease Prize

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Funny.

The word 'endevour' is defined as merely trying to complete a goal, not necessarily meeting those goals. Yet you say it should be based on merit.

The Donald J Trump Peace Endeavor sounds like a participation award where we give it to people for simply trying.

No results necessary, as long as they tried.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Are you guys taking this to a new level of fanboy?

It sounds religious-like.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The joy in NK must be incredible, truly an answer to MANY prayers...

Wait... do they even know whats happening?

As news outlets worldwide buzz with updates on the North and South Korean summit, North Koreans remain painfully unaware of current events. It’s easy to forget in the midst of the attention-grabbing summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, that North Korea’s citizens remain painfully unaware of current events. Every piece of media that they have access to is controlled by the state, so most North Koreans do not have access to the internet, international calls, or uncensored news.

North Koreans Don’t Know That Their Leader Announced Denuclearization

Comment seen below a video on YT:

I'm sure the money changers are not happy about this. No money to be made with peace. www.youtube.com...

edit on 4.30.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I said pretty much samething couple wks ago that he deserved props when he doesn't fkup , and actually does something positive, so yeah if it played out for the positive under his watch then go get your peace prize Mr president.
BTW Kim having nuke infrastructure problems, made him more pliable .

I find it funny tho, that many here slammed Obama for wanting to talk enemies out of their nukes eg Iran , but praised Trump for engaging Nk.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And all it took was a strong US leader. "Walk softly and carry a big stick" sort.
Not like the "wussified" ones before. Bribing , kneeling , bowing and kissing the feet of enemies that have sworn to eliminate us....
Wait for Iran ....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join