It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invaded via the back door, then a London Mayor and now a Home Secretary. Next a PM. WTF?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Remove the warning labels and let nature take its course is my thinking on the matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I know that factoid. It pissed off some religious folk near me and they went on about how the numbers must have been made up.

It’s a great time to be a person with no faith

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: TerryDon79
It’s more fun to point and laugh at their stupidity.
That'll never help them change though, same as you can't beat racist sentiments out of a racist.

Some people just won’t change though. I believe the OP is one of them, after seeing his posting history.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Remove the warning labels and let nature take its course is my thinking on the matter.

That’s an idea I could seriously get behind.

Darwin awards on a massive scale.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I had to search "pearls before swine" lol, I'd heard it before but didn't know it meant, or that it was from the book of Matthew in the Christian Bible! It's a conspiracy, you are trying to force your Christian ways on me!!!!!!
You'll have a Christian Prime Minister next!!!! ...oh wait...
[runs off screaming]

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

[runs off screaming]

Bring back biscuits!

And not those American “biscuits”. Proper, British biscuits

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If May is a Christian she sure don't show it much with her treatment of the disabled, mentally infirm and unemployed.

I think she might be a Dalek, truth be told because she seems to want to exterminate a significant proportion of our population.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If May is a Christian she sure don't show it much with her treatment of the disabled, mentally infirm and unemployed.

I think she might be a Dalek, truth be told because she seems to want to exterminate a significant proportion of our population.

Star for making me LMAO!
She grew up daughter of a vicar, can you imagine how boring?!
I was friends with a vicar's daughter through my adolescence, she rebelled...ah...memories.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well it sure was not Dibley.

I think the only thing she said she remembers doing that was naughty as a child was running through corn fields. LoL

Well, she can add genocide abroad and a war against the poor to the naughty list now, so that's something.

edit on 30-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I’m fairly sure Muslims will at some point become the majority of the population in the UK. If the demographics remain as they are then it seems inevitable.
How people feel about that is up to them, but denying it is being ignorant.

Wether or not the U.K. will remain secular I couldn’t say, in some ways many Muslims have embraced western culture while retaining their own. But in other ways Wahibism has a strong foothold too. So who knows, either way we’ll all still be ruled over by the equivalent of gangsters.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

CornishCeltGuy. Tell me the above isn’t what I’ve been saying all along.

This OP, his replies and some others are literally “aaaaaaaah! Brown people!”

You were the first in this thread to equate Islam with "brown people". Just saying.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I have similar experiences in North America with individual Muslims.

It isn't happening in North America either.

LMAO. I was referring sitting down and have a beer with Muslims. You wanker.

I've eaten pork products with a Muslim from Iran. We'd hit up Pizza Hut all the time for lunch and he'd get pepperoni, sausage, ham and other meat pizzas all the time.

Great. I believe you. That, however, doesn't negate prudence with more devout or even radical individuals. Frankly, the cultural differences are a factor, as well. I support the melting pot evolution. I do not support multiculturalism. Less created stress with the former over the latter.

You're right. I also see plenty of crazy fundamentalists of the Christian persuasion trying to turn the country into a Christian equivalent of a Muslims theocracy and our Democracy lives on, so I don't really worry about the minority of fundamentalist Muslims (that are an EXTREME minority in the West) trying the same with their religion.

Also, multiculturalism kind of goes hand-in-hand with our country. That is unless you actively believe the Irish, Italians, Catholics, Africans, and any of the many other ethnic groups that have been accused of being incompatible with our country over the 2+ plus centuries we've been a country are still incompatible with it.

LOL. Yet all those "Irish, Italians, Catholics, Africans" entered the 'melting pot', didn't they? Very little multiculturalism exists with them, at least outside family units. Football, baseball, Basketball, Fords, Chevys, flat screen TVs. Melting pot. Even your own example of sitting down with Muslims eating bacon and pork is the very act of 'melting pot' in action. Not multiculturalism.

That doesn't make any sense. The "melting pot" is itself a product of multiculturalism.

In fact, this very thread and the individual named may be a product of melting pot, rather than multiculturalism. It may even be the intent of TPTB. A world-wide melting pot....Just saying.

If so, then what's the issue? I'm still waiting for you to describe, with credible evidence, why Muslims should be feared.

Point one your absolutely wrong on that one. one doesn't need multiculturalism to achieve a melting pot society.

Point two, that's your question, your spin. I ddn't say or imply 'fearing Muslims'.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Since they're not using Muslim in a pejorative way (unlike the OP) I would say that they're not racist. That said, they're still wrong.

Oh strange, because he seems to have won politician of the year at the British Muslim Awards in 2015.

British Muslim Awards Finalists Unveiled

I guess the awards are for non-Muslims also.

Their blinders are super glued in place with pictures of dancing unicorns filling their senses whenever a Muslim is questioned.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

"Yet the view of many is that it is happening."

People like Britan First, Ukip, Nigel Farage type Muppets you mean?

The Muslims are not coming to get us, most people of the Muslim persuasion are as integrated into our nation and communities as any other British citizens.

I have seen Muslims out from the Mosque feeding our homeless in droves, which is a darn sight better than our own Gooberment does for the poor souls.

History will only be repeated whilst racial prejudice, class division and hatemongering toward those that are different continues. It's the paradigm people in power have utilized since time immemorial and simple divide and conquer mentality really.

So Sharia Law proponents, no go areas, morality police and demands for special considerations are perfectly fine with you? While I can see a degree of hyperbole in those points, what i get from you is a denial that it even exists. Be it in the U.K. or other EU nations.

Almost as if as long as it's not in one's own immediate back yard, all's well. You cite a few individuals in the U.K., I see whole nations in the EU saying 'hold on, just a minute' with built or building fences or outright 'no go' into their country. Other actions to balance things a bit. Italy, France, off the top.

That isn't a few individuals in the U.K., or a few individuals in the U.S..You cite divide and conquer. Hard to divide what's been split opinions in the U.K. long before this era.

I believe Putin said it best, paraphrased, if you want to live in Russia, be a Russian. Yes, I'd take Putin over May....

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can I just check what the problem is with him being muslim?

So far he has gained a decent education, has an above average job, probably likes football and having a laugh with his mates.

If his polotics become a concern I am sure like Amber Rudd who he is replacing, then he too will be replaced/demoted

There is not much of a standard to be held to in British polotics at the moment, maybe he was in the right place at the right time, who knows but I am sure most of us can agree not to judge a fellow human on their skin color, its the only way forward.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"Yes, I'd take Putin over May"

Well, they would both use chemical/biological weapons to kill you that's a given.

If you want to live in the U.K post-Brexit, expect less and invest heavily in Petroleum jelly. LoL

Sharia Law proponents are indeed a problem but that's only a small percentage of people of the Muslim faith who place such stock in those spurious establishments. Most Muslims simply pay lip service to there religion, just like the rest of us.

"no-go areas"

Where are these places? I live in Glasgow and there is nowhere i cannot go.

"Morality police and demands for special considerations are perfectly fine with you?"

Where are these "Morality police" of which you speak? LoL

As to special considerations, well don't all religious types aspire to such lofty demands?

Strictly that's not only a Muslim issue.

edit on 30-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's called change. It happens. You deal, or die out a bitter, angry, sad, pathetic old man.

Enjoy!

LOL - this is the standard every time Trump causes 'change' - all the bitter, sad, pathetic old women (and men) get triggered and commence to reinforce why America is the laughing stock of human conduct and interaction.

Oh, hypocrisy, doth ye never tire from your endeavour?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"Yet the view of many is that it is happening."

People like Britan First, Ukip, Nigel Farage type Muppets you mean?

The Muslims are not coming to get us, most people of the Muslim persuasion are as integrated into our nation and communities as any other British citizens.

I have seen Muslims out from the Mosque feeding our homeless in droves, which is a darn sight better than our own Gooberment does for the poor souls.

History will only be repeated whilst racial prejudice, class division and hatemongering toward those that are different continues. It's the paradigm people in power have utilized since time immemorial and simple divide and conquer mentality really.

So Sharia Law proponents, no go areas, morality police and demands for special considerations are perfectly fine with you? While I can see a degree of hyperbole in those points, what i get from you is a denial that it even exists. Be it in the U.K. or other EU nations.

Almost as if as long as it's not in one's own immediate back yard, all's well. You cite a few individuals in the U.K., I see whole nations in the EU saying 'hold on, just a minute' with built or building fences or outright 'no go' into their country. Other actions to balance things a bit. Italy, France, off the top.

That isn't a few individuals in the U.K., or a few individuals in the U.S..You cite divide and conquer. Hard to divide what's been split opinions in the U.K. long before this era.

I believe Putin said it best, paraphrased, if you want to live in Russia, be a Russian. Yes, I'd take Putin over May....

I've heard too much of these baseless allegations to remain silent on this. I live in London. There are no no-go areas, none, they don't exist. The morality police were a trio of pillocks who were arrested for being idiots. Sharia law proponents have all the same influence as Jewish law proponents - UK Law is still the law of the land, any religious organisations take a distant second place to the actual law. No more hysteria please. Muslims make up 4.4% of the UK population.
And if you think that Putin is somehow to be admired then you have not been paying attention to what he has been doing with those bloodstained hands of his. Yes, I despise May. That's nothing to what I feel about Putin.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Break the stats down, Muslim population percentages in the UK...
England = 5.02%
Scotland = 1.45%
Wales = 1.5%
Northern Ireland = 0.21%
SW England EU region (my place) 1%

...Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics (NUTS) I live in the EU slice of land labelled UKK until Brexit, and although my region is low Muslim population, it ain't that much different from any other UK region.
The OP is wailing about local town anecdotal experience, not regional, or national.
Obv's because Muslims aren't taking over Britain lol

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's called change. It happens. You deal, or die out a bitter, angry, sad, pathetic old man.

Enjoy!

If only colonists thought of this outlook.
edit on 30-4-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join