It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of thousands of anti-Government protesters about new security law halt Hong Kong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
After watching the US take Iraq, I think China is going to be very carfull in how they handle this. Wink, wink, nudge,nudge

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
after he read the article from one of the above links...

The real threat is not so much how the Article 23 issue turns out in Hong Kong. The huge issue is what happens if mainlanders decide that they want the same rights to protest and establish local law as the people of Hong Cong.

The Chinese power structure has to be extremely concerned about what could happen. It is concievable that the entire government of China could be on its last year. Revolutions happen fast when they get rolling.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
after he read the article from one of the above links...

The real threat is not so much how the Article 23 issue turns out in Hong Kong. The huge issue is what happens if mainlanders decide that they want the same rights to protest and establish local law as the people of Hong Cong.

The Chinese power structure has to be extremely concerned about what could happen. It is concievable that the entire government of China could be on its last year. Revolutions happen fast when they get rolling.

Hit the Nail on the Head

That was a profound insight energy_wave. I don't think it could have been sum'd up as well as you just did it. Great job.

I just wish I could have written it that way....awesome.

regards
seekerof

<< 1   >>

join