It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome new hologram generator shown off at tech convention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Coolest thing I have seen in a while. I really want one..

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

My god, it’s full of stars!

DP.
edit on 29-4-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: :

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Why does it have to spin??

Cool stuff and this is only the start!! More is coming. And even better!!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That thing is really neat. Can you imagine big ones on buildings when people are driving down the road in their cars? Can you imagine all the accidents? I think I might invest in an autobody shop.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Back to the Future’s future is here!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ye, this stuff has been around for a bit. Doesn''t solve large scale, still, cool nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I want one.

ETA Obviously securely wall-mounted and safety-shielded with some form of remote control infra-red blue-tooth usb thing going on.
edit on 29/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Didn't this come out a few years ago, you know, 20 or 15 yrs or so?

Or didnt they come out with screen of these? I have not even turned on my TV for the past year, so dont know what new thing is cool in gadgetland, those 4k tv's, I think. But anyways, looks like it can only project a feet or so in front of it, and its probably just spinning jumbles of different colored lights and projecting jumble sized pixels into a pictogram, it may even need a filter to hit maybe a plexiglass type medium, something clear maybe, or. Who knows.

Looks pretty cool though, but if you look pikacheu and mario were spot on, in terms of color they seemed more real. But when it tried to project more outdoorsy or real world objects and things, the coloring was off, that shoe looked ridiculous, I mean Mario is all digital color crayon type deal since the first Mario game on the Nintendo, and so is pikacheu since there both you know digital pixels for the most part.

That thing is so outdated it does not even have a high color platte to chose from. I quess its only a matter of time before they start implementing these things to project stuff to buy over cityscrapers or on highways. Just like in all those future movies out there from back to the future to Minority report. Its going to be like one giant commercial blazing in your face, all over the place.

Or not.
VR is were its at.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Bladerunner!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Oh ya! It completely invalidates all movies made about the technological future right there. I mean? Hundreds of people speeding down a highway while constantly being bombarded by holograms in there face. And yet, not a single crash? How ridiculous is that. Isn't the statistic that its 1 out of 4 crashes in the US are because of cellphone related distractions? So what? Will this up that number to 4 out of 4?

Only if cars drive themselves. Right. Or else its like a tow-truck drivers dream. And in that future there the billionaires. And everybody else is busy playing hopscotch and poker, in the waiting rooms of local auto body shops. Its a good thing we do not that the technology or know how, or even the gumption really, to erect such highways. Or else we would all be doomed to die by car crash.

In a literal sense, pun on word, we would be oxymoron's.
edit on 11pmSundaypm292018f0pmSun, 29 Apr 2018 23:24:55 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: Ah gramatical error. Again.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let the Wookie win.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here seems to be this stuff, or at least one of the first things google linked me to this POV thing, sounds redundant I know, Point Of View, most gamers know that, but Persistence Of Vision. I mean its bound to get confusing with so many of the same acronyms meaning so many random other things as well. VoLumen

From 2014 or at least the date of that article, but could have sworn seen this stuff longer before. Or not. Anyways whatever, seems pretty cool, but VR would still likely be better. I have not and yet to try any of these new gadgets, I got to freaking upgrade my TV one of these years.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If I were the government I would have a 10x better technology, keep secrecy and use it for my personal agenda.

Can you imagine this 10 years from now? What could be done?

I know what y'all thinking about...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Cool stuff and this is only the start!! More is coming. And even better!!

It has to spin so that it appears to be a solid image. It's just a bar with coloured leds on it, that turn on and off at specific times. The higher the spin/scan rate, the smoother the animation, but you wouldn't want to get in the way of it. Ouch. THe concept dates back to before cameras and film, basically it's just a fancy Zoetrope. Or like when you'd draw consecutive pictures in the corner of a book and when you flicked the pages really fast it turned into an animation.

Here's a Zoetrope spinning at around 60rpm with strobe light instead of slits to see it animate.

And not a hologram, as you cannot change perspective if you move around it, it's static.
edit on 29-4-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
If I were the government I would have a 10x better technology, keep secrecy and use it for my personal agenda.

Can you imagine this 10 years from now? What could be done?

I know what y'all thinking about...

Well it's been around thousands of years and this is the best we got so far. And there is already VR for what you're thinking, I don't see a 2D image that you have to hold and look into a mirror to see, while you entertain things, is going to catch on..

edit on 29-4-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Basically its a TV...the tube spins and when it hits a specific spot, it lights up the right color for the illusion of a hologram. Pretty simple device really, but hardly a future style hologram. it appears to be floating because obviously the background you can see due to it not being a screen but just a thin tube

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Some other types holograms:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That POV hologram in the OP looks most like the fan hologram.

It seems like it should be just a small step to add sound to these things.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Try to touch it

The technology is very simple it´s basically this on steroids:

This is from 2007.

It´s "just" a faster, higher resolution solution but impressing nonetheless

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Coming to a billboard near you
I can't wait to see this tech all over the world. We are finally starting to see real futurist technology in our lifetime.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join