It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America Dinner Again: Glenn Beck , a transgender male, And a gay Muslim sit down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

thats the way it should be. so, tear down the walls and dont build new ones.

together we stand
divided we fall
(r. waters, the wall)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A gay Muslim???

Sure

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

— a transgender man, a Christian conservative, a Second Amendment advocate, a liberal college professor, and more — to sit down for dinner and explore their vastly different viewpoints and the sensitive political issues that matter to them most.

Will it be Glenn Beck playing each role, like in the Nutty Professor?
Dr. Strangelove. Peter Sellers.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Ummm...waiting for the punch line...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I agree.

I seek out alternate viewpoints when i can. On FB i am in groups that are hard alt right, extremely progressive, libertarian, some folks who just hate religion, some religious groups...

Some of it is me not wanting the social media echo chamber. Some of it is me trying to be unpredictable to throw off Zuccs algorithms. But opposing viewpoints need to be heard.

I totally agree, I am the same way........I try to do my best to be open-minded, it is very hard this day and age though when you really want to try and have a discussion but all youre getting is attacked or shouted down, that goes for both sides

I think its why this is so important

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Honestly, I found that hilarious.

But this was also an amazingly done by Beck, super cool! It can be a bit boring to watch people being all polite and getting along, but we have to build some bridges.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
A gay Muslim???

Sure

Sure? Go look him up.....

I mean yeah you can just outright deny what I posted, and not even bother taking the time......

Or you could enlighten yourself and be a part of the solution.....
Riaz Patel

Heres more info on him, i mean unless you just really really dont want to open your mind, and realize that we dont have to conform to stigmas.

I mean your name is Iseektruth right?
edit on 4/30/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I like Glenn because he is a Libertarian. It doesn’t surprise me that a Libertarian would have this meal. The are all for diversity they just want less Government, more freedom and no wars. Kind of a beatiful thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The problem with everything in your country is that a bunch of people discussing different viewpoints is an amazing and miraculous thing instead of just you know...a normal reasonable thing that people do. This video shouldn't be some kind of momentous grand occasion...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
The problem with everything in your country is that a bunch of people discussing different viewpoints is an amazing and miraculous thing instead of just you know...a normal reasonable thing that people do. This video shouldn't be some kind of momentous grand occasion...

Thats not unique to the US, I have family in Canda, its not all peaches and friendly conversation like you say it is...nor is it in ANY country....

Why bother even commenting if you dont have anything positive to say?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: dug88

Thats not unique to the US, I have family in Canda, its not all peaches and friendly conversation like you say it is...nor is it in ANY country....

Why bother even commenting if you dont have anything positive to say?

Hmmm why not? Why should I be positive a celebrity, a gay Muslim and a tranny talked together. Honestly tell me what's so #ing amazing about that?

You're right it's not all peaches and friendly conversation, but things like that are really not an issue here.

For a country that won't ever shut the # up about individual freedom, you guys never stop going on about what other people believe in, who they #, what colour they are, how much money they have, what their political beliefs are and just about every single thing another person can do or be.

The difference is most people here don't give a # about those things. Why should they? Why should anyone else care in the slightest when it comes to any of those things about another person? Most people here realize other people are different in some way and don't tend to make a big deal out of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hmmm why not? Why should I be positive a celebrity, a gay Muslim and a tranny talked together. Honestly tell me what's so #ing amazing about that?

Whats amazing about it? Whats amazing is that in a world that has become at each others throats (which you are clearly displaying with your repeated uses of hashtags in place of the F word) people are actually trying to remind people that they dont have to be that way.......

That in a world where we use to celebrate our differences, and care about each other despite our beliefs, it has become a norm to shout the other person down or be hostile (again like youre displaying) and THEY are trying to do something about it.

Whats great about it is that people are taking action.......

With the way youre approaching things on this thread and on the others towards Americans, and America in general.

you could probably learn something......

and just an FYI you might read up on these....you seem just a bit hostile and this isnt the mudpit

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

edit on 4/30/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be more amazing and just as terrifying if the Christians and Muslims agreed that they didn't like gays at all and what both religions would do to them?

A transgendered christian an and gay Muslim sounds nice on paper, but in such a reality, this is just sugar coating more deeper issues that have been going on for the past couple hundred to thousand years of immense bloodshed
edit on 30-4-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Wouldn't it be more amazing and just as terrifying if the Christians and Muslims agreed that they didn't like gays at all and what both religions would do to them?

A transgendered christian an and gay Muslim sounds nice on paper, but in such a reality, this is just sugar coating more deeper issues that have been going on for the past couple hundred to thousand years of immense bloodshed?

Im not seeing what youre trying to get at here..........there are gay christians and gay muslims.......so no it wouldnt be "amazing" if both religions decided to hate them......

You seem to have some issues with gay people though apparently, this is your second post on them......and If im honest its coming off as a bit bigoted......

(post by RomeByFire removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Specimen

A transgendered christian an and gay Muslim sounds nice on paper, but in such a reality, this is just sugar coating more deeper issues that have been going on for the past couple hundred to thousand years of immense bloodshed?

Im not seeing what youre trying to get at here..........there are gay christians and gay muslims.......so no it wouldnt be "amazing" if both religions decided to hate them......

You seem to have some issues with gay people though apparently, this is your second post on them......and If im honest its coming off as a bit bigoted......

I said it be amazing if they got along for once, but it would be as equally terrifying if they did in that sense.

I'm being realistic an stereotypical more so then bigoted...15+ years ago, gay an Christian, would be offensive to...tradition, where gay an marriage could not be in the same sentance. Let alone transgendered, but desperate times in the rise of atheism an a lack of charity would open an old bigots... wallet.

Islam kind of beats the bush around this issue, but a gay Muslim...wow what a fashion statement. Like they never existed before.

edit on 30-4-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

(post by dug88 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What a bunch of freaking contradictory weasel words just to be as hateful and hurtful as you can be.

You lost all credibility in your first posts -- and continued thereafter -- when you claimed to "realize" that others are different... but then call ALL of us "you guys" and tar us all with the same broad brush, while proclaiming the collective virtue of ALL of your people who never ever do that... even as you are being as insulting and hateful as possible.

I'm cringing for you.

<< 1    3 >>

join