It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NRA Won't Allow Guns At Mike Pence's Convention Speech & Parkland Students highlight Irony

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Great, then if it's not infringing, let's not allow any guns in any public place. Regular people's lives are just as valuable as politicians.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How does the NRA have a thing to do with an event where Veep is present? Looked to me like they just made a statement to make sure everyone understood that the Secret Service would not allow it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just to add to this, it's the Secret Service that takes over security and invokes their policies when VIPs under their protection are to appear at the event. NRA didnt have a say in security in this situation.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's because he is next inline if something tapped to potus and so I'm at rules would apply if potus showed up for event it would be to easy for an assassin to target leadership of us if they allowed open or concealed carry during event.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

But if we allow open or concealed carry, there’d be so many more “good guys with a gun” to stop the bad guy with a gun, right? At least that’s what the NRA keeps telling us.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But if we allow open or concealed carry, there’d be so many more “good guys with a gun” to stop the bad guy with a gun, right? At least that’s what the NRA keeps telling us.

*sighs* I should know better but ill respond anyways... considering only 1 person would be the target and most people wouldnt think about actually assasinating someone it only takes one squeeze of the trigger to kill the vp and it would take a few seconds for the average person to realize what was occuring which would take t least 1 shot for people to react.

the good guy with a gun argument is typically used in the mass shooting situation where everyone is a target, giving a good guy with a gun to react and take out the shooter.

Also do not forget police (the people you seem to prefer to handle all defense of people) are considered a good guy with a gun in a standard situation.

Hence the secret service are banning guns (not the NRA) and I am sure everyone that enters will be searched to improve the odds of preventing a gun getting in to be used in an assasination attempt.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join