It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NRA Won't Allow Guns At Mike Pence's Convention Speech & Parkland Students highlight Irony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You shouldn't be allowed to comment on anything relating to guns ever.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, gun nuts fearing other gunnuts, step all over the 2nd. a reply to: Southern Guardian

Says a lot doesn't it?

They have no obligation to host the vice president, but they choose to. In doing so, they choose to make the exception to the very core principal they so often advocate for. Members aren't quite grasping this fact in full.

No trust for NRA members, good guys with guns to ensure it's safe? But schools on the other hands. You must put your complete trust.

You, like the rest of these liberals, are petty and everyone can see what you're doing.

Its pathetic that you would resort to using a logical fallacy as a template for an entire post.

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I should be silenced? How very patriotic of you project.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Also, as has been pointed out to you and every other anti, ad-nauseum, schools are already gun free zones.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I should be silenced? How very patriotic of you project.

Spreading lies and misinformation should get you booted.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No. Posting things you don't like or agree with should get me booted. That's just it.

My OP is solid. You know where to complain.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What with all the partisan politics lately

Is everyone asleep now

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

No. Posting things you don't like or agree with should get me booted. That's just it.

My OP is solid. You know where to complain.

Your op is a lie. It's disingenuous and about as solid as diarrhea.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Because it's the evil NRA, don't you know?

Fuss because they, **shocked gasp**, obeyed the law, as it pertains to having weapons near the Vice-President. Y'know, that itty bitty one about "You can not!!".

Suddenly they're hypocrites, or some such, because they didn't cancel him. Of course, they all neglect to mention that they'd fuss about that, if it'd happened.

Just another way to virtue signal.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If your OP and logic was solid you would have rebutted the points being made against it. The irony here is the parkland gun grabbers are advocating for guns at an event that never allows guns.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

The irony here is the parkland gun grabbers are advocating for guns at an event that never allows guns.

Where did the Parkland survivors advocate for guns at the event? What they've pointed out, and what's been pointed out in the OP, is the hypocrisy of the NRA. They're willing to ban guns for the vice president due to safety reasons, in light of the fact they're insistent, and staunchly so, that their responsible gun carrying members would make an environment safe from the threat of gun violence.

They've completely walked over their core position in this whole matter to appease the Vice president.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLead

The irony here is the parkland gun grabbers are advocating for guns at an event that never allows guns.

Where did the Parkland survivors advocate for guns at the event?

They did so by pointing out irony that isn't irony.

Somebody's listened to a little too much Alanis Morrisette, for this is no more ironic than rain on your wedding day.
edit on 4/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just to wrap this up.

The Associated Press
‏Verified account @AP

AP has deleted a tweet that incorrectly said the NRA had banned guns during Trump and Pence speeches at its annual meeting. The ban was put in place by the Secret Service. A corrected tweet is coming.

twitter.com... eletes-tweet-spread-ryan-saavedra&tfw_site=realDailyWire

Ok so the story was incorrect as the AP acknowledges.

But this thread is informative!

Nice to see people are willing to call out hypcosiy on the gun side.

So I assume the same people who were enjoying pointing this out before they knew the story was incorrect would be equally amused if say there were armed guards at an anti gun rally?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There will be security provided.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Amazing that you cannot put two and two together to get four but see one reason, Irony. Wow see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. Nice.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Its been acknowledged. They said that the NRA should refuse to host Pence out of principle

Because thats what lobbyists do: piss off the people they spend a fortune lobbying on purpose.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I do agree that lobbyists are well known for compromising principles. They’re worse than the politicians they lobby. NRA is no different.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I do agree that lobbyists are well known for compromising principles. They’re worse than the politicians they lobby. NRA is no different.

Im no fan of the NRA. I only carried a membership while the gun range i was a member of required it for insurance.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Called private property. I dont agree with it, but I wont go because of the gun free zone. My decision.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, it's proof that guns supporters, including the NRA, do have limits they would take the Second Amendment.

Really? Cuz I keep hearing “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!”

This is not infringing, though.

How is “won’t allow guns” not an infringement, according to gun rights supporters?

Because letting armed deranged leftist impedes on the VP's right to live. Has anyone allowed people to carry weapons at a political function? Ever? Why are we caring? Because some highschool kids say so?

You all are displaying the same absurdity as children...
Classy...
Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join