It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NRA Won't Allow Guns At Mike Pence's Convention Speech & Parkland Students highlight Irony

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Actually, it's proof that guns supporters, including the NRA, do have limits they would take the Second Amendment.

Really? Cuz I keep hearing “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!”

This is not infringing, though.

How is “won’t allow guns” not an infringement, according to gun rights supporters?

Is making schools, courthouses, and Federal facilities gun-free zones an infringement?

I don’t think it is, but then I don’t think it’s an infringement to not allow guns in retail establishments, like bars or restaurants or stores or movie theaters, etc. Some gun owners with conceal or open carry licenses think it is though.

Some people in Hell want ice water, too. Retail establishments can choose to prohibit firearms or other weapons which carries the force of law in some states. Law abiding citizens will not carry weapons in those establishments but may not patronize them either. It is a business decision by the owners. In other states, one can only be asked to leave if discovered, and can be ejected by the police on refusal. One can also not patronize facilities "virtue signaling" with gun free zone signs because the signs identify the sheep for the wolves.
In my state, they only have the ability to ask one to leave if the weapon is seen and the facility decides to exercise its ability to eject. Hence, miscreants entering an establishment may meet Mr. Glock or one of his cohorts at any time.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes because you choose to go to that event under the pretense that its already a secure place. They have armed security, the more guns argument your referencing is that someone with the intent to kill will choose a location that little to no guns reside.
edit on 4/29/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Does the NRA regularly promote open carry in government buildings that I'm not aware of? It would be hypocritical in that scenario.

This I understand is not a government building, however it is being used for a government function, the same rules generally apply. They may in some local political events around the country, but no one that warrants that amount of security.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

One is required to be educated, but I don’t believe anyone is required to attend public school. There are private schools and there is homeschooling.
Yeah, everyone can afford private school. Or can afford one parent to stay home with small children. :eyeroll: I know you are more intelligent than that. Use a better argument.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you want a deranged leftist to be able to carry a firearm into a Pence speech in order to kill him?

How interesting!

Please, tell us all a little more!

What better place can you think of for gungrabbers from the deep state to stage a MK Ultra mass shooting?

How about a baseball practice match for congresspeople?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think this is a smart move on the part of the Secret Service, it's just a really dumb one on the part of the NRA.

It seems to me like people are just acknowledging the blatant hypocrisy of those who claim to be against gun control being FOR gun control in this case. I have yet to see anyone say they should allow people to carry guns here, just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of those attending/organizing the rally.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This was, most assuredly, not an NRA decision. It was, however, most assuredly, a Secret Service decision.

How the NRA is getting "blamed" for this is quite revealing, actually. Whatever promotes, however poorly, your own anti-gun position... Blame those oh, so hypocritical gun-nuts...instead of the oh, so paranoid--and rightfully so--Secret Service.

The NRA doesn't comply? No Vice President as your key-note addresser. So, guess what the NRA is going to do?

edit on 4/29/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, it's proof that guns supporters, including the NRA, do have limits they would take the Second Amendment.

Really? Cuz I keep hearing “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!”

This is not infringing, though.

How is “won’t allow guns” not an infringement, according to gun rights supporters?

Is making schools, courthouses, and Federal facilities gun-free zones an infringement?

I don’t think it is, but then I don’t think it’s an infringement to not allow guns in retail establishments, like bars or restaurants or stores or movie theaters, etc. Some gun owners with conceal or open carry licenses think it is though.

It is because a crazy isn’t going to stop because a sign tells them to.....

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you want a deranged leftist to be able to carry a firearm into a Pence speech in order to kill him?

How interesting!

Wait, you mean certain high profile people and their families are uniquely at risk? I guess that answers the NRA's question about why if "Obama's kids have armed school guards why don't yours?" (of course the NRA was wrong and the school didn't actually have armed guards but hey, facts)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: butcherguy

How interesting!

What better place can you think of for gungrabbers from the deep state to stage a MK Ultra mass shooting?

How about a baseball practice match for congresspeople?

And, just Republicans practicing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Usual Suspects grasping at straws again I see.

Yes, the Secret Service are calling the shots here, not the NRA.

However, we should inform Bernie bros that this isn't a softball practice, and to stay home.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The NRA doesn't comply? No Vice President as your key-note addresser. So, guess what the NRA is going to do?

It was the NRA’s decision to go ahead and have Pence be their key-note speaker. They could have refused to have him in order to be consistent with their policy of allowing licensed guns into the convention during the whole convention.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Right. They're going to cancel on the Vice-president of the United States... OK...sooo not happening.

I'm an NRA member, and I understand the necessity, at times (actually that's most of the time), of being a law abiding citizen.

The Secret Service is to blame, if blame is even remotely the right word, for this.

Of course, y'all would find something else to fuss about, if the NRA had said "We will not comply, as it would look bad for our supposed stance on guns...".

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"The Secret Service is in control of security. The NRA is yeilding to them. That said, the NRA should uninvite Pence,"

They don't have a choice. With the Secret Service, it's their way or no way.

This, of course, is the dumbest comment I've read with regard to the antigun leftist circus in a while. Why would they uninvite the vice president they helped elect?

edit on 29 4 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

They could have refused to have him in order to be consistent with their policy

And what is that policy?

Do you even know it?

What exactly do you know about the NRA that doesn't come from Rachel Maddow?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So a group who's primary purpose is to lobby a specific issue, which requires face time with people like pence, should cancel the speech because of the secret service?

That would make for a pretty piss poor lobbyist group.

I'll be nice and ignore the trolling lie in the title.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Glad you leftists have been listening, don’t make us repeat ourselves!a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Maybe he did or does not support the NRA any longer I do not know; however the NRA got a lot and I do mean a lot of call to arms and donations in the last election cycle... which means hey perhaps there was some sort of stock or profit sharing an also who knows?

I do not; however it is an important sort of thing to ask; and the best way to ask such important and difficult questions is to leave them open ended... so both parties have a way out for alleged on one hand; and no liability on the other.

Since there once was a fight for independence of us all here in the U.S. and abroad as many nations came together and then formed the UN? I am happy to be registered as an Independent; meaning the best for the job instead of all of the hankering for that ol' hunk o cheese.

So here's some for free

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yeah. They could cut off their nose to spite their face just to shut the peanut gallery up.

Im not sure what kind of kettle logic would be used to rationalize that decision though.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Gun Free Zones do protect people when the Secret Service and local law enforcement are due diligently ensuring no one has a weapon in said zone while a protected politician will be and is in the area. Also, snipers.

And you honestly see no difference in this and the usual security [ or lack of ] at the local mall or movie theater? Gun free zones work when 100 armed cops and Secret Service are enforcing it, so therefore it works everywhere?
edit on 30-4-2018 by DAVID64 because: too many words, not enough coffee

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join