It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NRA Won't Allow Guns At Mike Pence's Convention Speech & Parkland Students highlight Irony

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

You realise there is a glaring difference between an event with armed security than what people refer as a soft target don't you?
edit on 4/29/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Actually, it's proof that guns supporters, including the NRA, do have limits they would take the Second Amendment.

Really? Cuz I keep hearing “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!”

This is not infringing, though.

How is “won’t allow guns” not an infringement, according to gun rights supporters?

Is making schools, courthouses, and Federal facilities gun-free zones an infringement?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Title of thread should be; "Secret Service Won't Allow Guns at VP Speech." I would be willing to bet that none of the NRA members attending would so much as muss his hair. I'd go further to say that they would most likely help the Secret Service "deal with" anybody who tried.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't recall ever hearing more guns would be the solution from anyone that actually has any weight behind their authority. I've only heard that taking away rights to own certain firearms is not the solution.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Actually, it's proof that guns supporters, including the NRA, do have limits they would take the Second Amendment.

This is not infringing, though.

How is “won’t allow guns” not an infringement, according to gun rights supporters?

Is making schools, courthouses, and Federal facilities gun-free zones an infringement?

I don’t think it is, but then I don’t think it’s an infringement to not allow guns in retail establishments, like bars or restaurants or stores or movie theaters, etc. Some gun owners with conceal or open carry licenses think it is though.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

I don't recall ever hearing more guns would be the solution from anyone that actually has any weight behind their authority. I've only heard that taking away rights to own certain firearms is not the solution.

Does Trump have any weight behind his authority? Because I have heard him say that teachers should carry guns.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The difference is government building are already well protected, they have security measures to inherently take responsibility for your safety. What's trying to be compared here is off the reservation.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Swills

So you're arguing FOR the deranged assassin.

Interesting.

How you come to that conclusion isn't surprising but still despicable. Besides, you're the one claiming a Deranged Leftist is the assassin, not me. I'm just playing off your fantasy here. But you ignored the context of my post and instead put words into my online mouth. Shocking!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Because there is no requirement for anyone to attend. Anyone in attendance is doing so of their own free will. School is required until a person reaches a certain age by law. Requiring someone to be in a gun free zone by law is a little different than a voluntary event. You can choose to not participate.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How many people have threatened to kill Pence?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Sure, if we're talking ownership. I suspect you already know that. It's the right of a property owner to say no guns om his property, as well. I suspect you know that as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

One is required to be educated, but I don’t believe anyone is required to attend public school. There are private schools and there is homeschooling.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You would be correct, the Secret Service does not allow anyone with a gun to be anywhere near the people they are protecting, local law enforcement excluded of course. Sounds fair.

To be fair to the NRA, they do indeed allow certified gun owners to carry when the local laws/regulations allow it. And I'm sure gun dealers are allowed to sell their goods as well when the above is applicable.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I dunno, I don't keep track. How many?

How many people threatened to kill Obama, Hillary, Bush, Bill, and all the other politicians past and present? Pence isn't the first nor the last to be threatened. The Secret Service and FBI will always have their hands full with investigating these threats. Always.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: crtrvt

You realise there is a glaring difference between an event with armed security than what people refer as a soft target don't you?

I see the glaring hypocrisy of the NRA picking and choosing when it's acceptable for the government to tell it's citizens what to do with their guns.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How many people threatened to kill Obama, Hillary, Bush, Bill, and all the other politicians past and present? Pence isn't the first nor the last to be threatened. The Secret Service and FBI will always have their hands full with investigating these threats. Always.

Then why would you want to make an assassin's job easier?

Why would anyone?

Yet here we have it.

People on this site arguing for laxer security for a political figure. In this day and age, it shouldn't come as a real surprise.

And it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So you want a deranged leftist to be able to carry a firearm into a Pence speech in order to kill him?

How interesting!

Please, tell us all a little more!

That's exactly what he wants. We see right through his rhetoric. This narrative wasn't even clever.

Nice try, Op. But the Secret Service trumps any private organization, pun intended. Nothing to see here, move along, thanks to the Secret Service.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why would anyone?

Yet here we have it.

People on this site arguing for laxer security for a political figure. In this day and age, it shouldn't come as a real surprise.

And it doesn't.

They also declare themselves unsafe over every microaggression and our building crying closets everywhere they confined space, yet they want completely open borders and no security.

Don't even try to see the logic in it, because there isn't any.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why would anyone?

Yet here we have it.

And it doesn't.

They also declare themselves unsafe over every microaggression and are building crying closets everywhere they confined space, yet they want completely open borders and no security.

Don't even try to see the logic in it, because there isn't any.

edit on 29-4-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not the one calling for lax security, I was just pointing out how one day conservatives say Gun Free Zones don't protect anyone but in this case they do. What we have learned is, Gun Free Zones do protect people when the Secret Service and local law enforcement are due diligently ensuring no one has a weapon in said zone while a protected politician will be and is in the area. Also, snipers.

Even if Pence never received 1 death threat the Secret Service would still ban guns just as they always do.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join