It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotational kenetic energy generated by the rotation of our solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have A bit of a strange question but would anyone have an idea as to the total ammount of kenetic energy generated by the rotation of our solar system. I am only trying to world out the engergy generated by our sun and planets not its rotation around the milky way.
Any help or pointers in the right direction as to how I should apprach this calculation would be greatly appreciated

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sounds dangerous

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

You could start by determining the kinetic force of the earth; its mass, velocity and the centripetal force exert on the earth by the sun at that distance. As forces change in relation to the distance between the planet and the sun as well as the mass of the planets, I would imagine there's a formula for determining the kinetic energy of X mass at Y distance from Z centripetal force. I'm also sure there are a lot of other factors that neither of us have considered.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

OK I am guessing you mean that the bodies lose gravitational potential energy and gain kinetic energy? For example if we launch a space craft we can use Jupiter to turn the force of Gravity in to kenetic energy speeding up out space craft. Planets would do the same stealing gravitational energy from the sun to increase its kenetic energy.

But no energy is created only converted. The law of conservation of energy states that the total mechanical energy (kinetic and potential) of a strictly conservative system is conserved. In other words no energy is created even the example of the space craft it goes faster but it stole energy from Jupiter to do it. If the object was large enough say quarter the size of Jupiter it would steal so much energy that it would change orbit. It's speed would slow making it unable to maintain its current orbit.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why doesn't the moon just stop orbiting when the magnetic field flips? Seems to me since the moon actually travels in a straight line it should leave when the magnetic field reverses.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Unless the moon is what governs the earth instead of the other way around.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

The moon moves in a straight line, the magnetic field of the earth alters that straight line and makes it circle the earth...but the moon is still traveling in a straight line. Same with the planets around the sun from what I read.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: tadaman

The moon moves in a straight line, the magnetic field of the earth alters that straight line and makes it circle the earth...but the moon is still traveling in a straight line. Same with the planets around the sun from what I read.

Magnetic fields play no role in the motion of the moon.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure you understand how that all works

Also why do you spam create so many threads then just abandon them?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I to have thought of this from time to time.

Our rotation around the sun for all intents and purposes is a perpetual motion machine.
If only we could harness that energy somehow.

It is my belief that this is at the heart of the technology that nikola tesla was working with.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am sure that tesla considered maxwells hyperdimensional torsion theory prior to conducting tests in that area.
apologies if I am mistaken.
f

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I to have thought of this from time to time.

Our rotation around the sun for all intents and purposes is a perpetual motion machine.
If only we could harness that energy somehow.

It is my belief that this is at the heart of the technology that nikola tesla was working with.

Not just Tesla! This is a question that has Universal appeal. I am a strong believer that this energy can be harnessed. Perpetual Motion - thank you
edit on 29-4-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am sure that tesla considered maxwells hyperdimensional torsion theory prior to conducting tests in that area.
apologies if I am mistaken.
f

I think we could become friends --

A torsion field is a feature of a he] theory of energy in which the quantum spin of particles can be used to cause emanations lacking mass and energy to carry information through vacuum orders of magnitude faster than the speed of light.

I assume we are talking about the same thing.

Did you know that the rate of expansion of Universe is moving a something faster than the speed of light - just puting it out there

That rate of expansion has to be powered by something

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think you mean gravity...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

I think you mean gravity...

I read this article before and I assumed that both the gravity and magnetic field were involved in the moon and satelites staying in orbit. en.wikipedia.org...

I went looking for it. It is above the knowledge I have in physics, but I am pretty sure it says what I think it says. I can be wrong though, we need a physicist to explain this article.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
I have A bit of a strange question but would anyone have an idea as to the total ammount of kenetic energy generated by the rotation of our solar system.
There is no energy generated by the rotation of our solar system, so the answer would be zero. The planets have kinetic energy which is what is keeping them in orbit. You could try to extract some of that kinetic energy, but if you do that enough the orbits would decay because then they would no longer have enough kinetic energy to maintain their orbits.

I am only trying to world out the engergy generated by our sun and planets not its rotation around the milky way.
Any help or pointers in the right direction as to how I should apprach this calculation would be greatly appreciated
The sun does generate a tremendous amount of energy through nuclear fusion, which is emitted as electromagnetic radiation. But the rotation calculation is easy, the answer is zero energy generated.

The first thing you need to do is understand terminology and the precise definition of words like "generate" and "energy", which apparently you don't understand if you have the idea that an orbiting body is "generating energy", it's not. It has energy, but it's not generating any, so if you take any of that energy away, it loses energy.

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Googled: kenetic energy generated by the rotation of our solar system

Found:

Rotational energy - Wikipedia

Earth's Spinning Kinetic Eenrgy - A Perfect Energy Source
But it's not a perfect energy source. We can extract small amounts of energy without slowing the earth's rotation much, but the more energy we extract, the more the rotation slows down and this means days would no longer be 24 hours long. If it was really a perfect energy source it wouldn't make days longer.

You don't know what "analogy" means?
"This article is about the gravitational analog of electromagnetism..."

It's all about gravity. The "magnetic" refers to an analogy of electromagnetism, to describe subtle effects of gravity in relativistic terms, but the motions of the solar system objects were known to be explained by classical gravity theory for many years before relativity, with the exception of the precession of Mercury which had a relativistic effect not explained by classical gravity. No, it's not magnetism.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why doesn't the moon just stop orbiting when the magnetic field flips? Seems to me since the moon actually travels in a straight line it should leave when the magnetic field reverses.

The strength of a magnetic field follows an inverse cubed equation. Gravity follows an inverse squared equation. Fortunately, the Moon isn't a giant ball bearing so magnetic fields don't affect it - it's own magnetic field has long since died.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

The strength of a magnetic field follows an inverse cubed equation. Gravity follows an inverse squared equation. Fortunately, the Moon isn't a giant ball bearing so magnetic fields don't affect it - it's own magnetic field has long since died.

Earths magnetic field does not attract iron. It forms a shield. It is an energy barrier, like the barrier, a weird shell for the planet.

top topics

join