It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media womens support of accused Brokaw shows hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Veteran "NBC Nightly News" anchor Tom Brokaw stands accused of sexual harassment but, it seems, the left's "believe all women" mantra, coined during the wave of #MeToo allegations that shook the entertainment and news industries last year, falls flat when a beloved progressive icon is in the cross-hairs.

More than one hundred of Brokaw's former female colleagues have signed a letter affirming their support for the embattled former anchor, insisting that Brokaw is incapable of sexual harassment, and supporting Brokaw in denying the allegations against him.

Brokaw stands accused of harassing and groping a woman named Linda Vester, who says Brokaw touched her inappropriately and abused his power over her while she was a cub reporter at NBC News in the 1990s. Brokaw denied the allegations in a letter last week, calling Vester "character assassin" with a "grudge against NBC News," according to CNN.

www.dailywire.com...

Now let me say that I fully support these women coming forward to defend brokaw. As with all of these cases, it seems prudent to not assume someone is guilty based merely on an accusation.

However, these same women defending brokaw push the believe all women mantra in any case that doesnt directly affect them.

Isnt it funny how when its their guy, then all of the sudden we should back him when he says his accuser is just a character assassin?

So remember, next time you here any on these left leaning outlets declaring a person guilty based merely off an accusation of a woman, when that same tactic is used against someone on their team, they are having none of it.

edit on Sun Apr 29 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS, Hypocrisy exists in the MSM . In other Earth-shattering news, the sun came up and went down again....allegedly.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Making sure one of their own is safe while blaspheming anyone on the other side of the conservative/liberal issue seems to be happening a lot. Chances are that the woman accusing him is just trying to make headlines, but so are many of the women that are spreading crap about other people. I do not let the news influence me on this, I wait for the court system to make a judgement based on evidence. Lots of people today are trying to disrupt our society, the vast majority that are starting it are far left liberals. They are pushing change way too fast, that is not sensible. They bash anyone who does not allow them to do what they want.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

LOL, that's like the same logic as John Wayne Gacy getting a signed letter from a bunch of people he didn't kill.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Only liberal men are allowed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. If you’re a conservative man, you’re guilty until proven innocent and should resign from their jobs and have their entire family shamed until the courts make a decision.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So now you guys believe Trump's accusers?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No one says every woman should be believed.

Propaganda whores take out of context statements and use it to propagandize those unwilling to pay attention or use an ounce of deductive reasoning..

No one thinks innocent people should be punished...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Where was the outrage when Bill Clinton was leaving a trail of shattered women in his wake?
Paula jones and Monica lewinski were ruined and they were the victims.
As far as brokaw goes, I'm glad there are women defending his reputation.
We build equity in our lives that should be considered before we automatically condem someone in the court of public opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

So now you guys believe Trump's accusers?

So now you believe all the people that say Trump didn't do it makes it true that he didn't?

Chase your tail on that for a while.

You ignored the entire point of the OP, but then it does seem to be a habit forming activity around here.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed and we're with you."

-Hillary Clinton

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Only liberal men are allowed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. If you’re a conservative man, you’re guilty until proven innocent and should resign from their jobs and have their entire family shamed until the courts make a decision.

Tell that bull# to Al Franken.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So remember, next time you here any on these left leaning outlets declaring a person guilty based merely off an accusation of a woman, when that same tactic is used against someone on their team, they are having none of it.

You mean like Matt Lauer? Oh, wait.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Um, did you miss the photograph? It was over after that. It was simply a matter of time.

And are you talking about door-locking button under his desk Matt Lauer or a different one? The lock was well known. Doesn't make him guilty, but certainly creepy.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And people laughed at pence when they found out he wouldn't have a meeting alone with a women.
The man is a genius....lol

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Um, did you miss the photograph? It was over after that. It was simply a matter of time.

The photograph of him pretending to grope her through body armor? I didn't think much of it except it was in poor taste. I also saw videos of Leeann Tweeden doing her own ass grabbery in jest.

and at 5:55 in this video:

So it's safe that sort of crude humor was taking place and she was a willing participant.

And are you talking about door-locking button under his desk Matt Lauer or a different one? The lock was well known. Doesn't make him guilty, but certainly creepy.

The point was that Grambler's claim here:

...is based on a single observation about the response to allegations against Tom Brokaw and ignores many other examples that disprove it, notably that of Matt Lauer.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
NBC has a culture that authorizes/condones men sexually harassing women. Brokaw is just the latest. Before him was Matt Lauer, Mike Tirico, Marv Albert...Et Al.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Al Franken is a predator that stalks his prey while they’re asleep. He’s almost as bad as Bill Cosby.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Al Franken is a predator that stalks his prey while they’re asleep. He’s almost as bad as Bill Cosby.

BWAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bill Cosby drugged and assaulted who knows how many women. He's been accused by 62 I think but the real number could be higher.

In your fevered mind, Al Fraken having his picture taken while he pretends to grope a woman through body armor, a woman who was a willing participant in similar humor (except she's actually putting her hands on people and they on her) during the same USO tour, is somehow comparable?

How can you and I ever participate in a serious discussion about anything when you're that far divorced from reality?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How can you and I ever participate in a serious discussion about anything when you're that far divorced from reality?
a reply to: theantediluvian

I already gave up on trying to have a serious discussion with SJW’s. It was obviously a joke, but I didn’t expect an out of touch liberal get it.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Let's just make it simple -- no support unless hard proof is ponied up at any given point (hard to argue with irrefutable evidence no matter how much time has passed) OR friggin' go to authorities sooner, rather than decades later, OR an admittance from the accused of being a slimy sack. Outside of those conditions, the general public has no obligation to believe an accuser.

That's how I see these claims anyway. If someone waits decades to make a claim against someone, their credibility s already in the toilet, you waited too damn long for reasonable people to believe you. If it wasn't enough of an issue to take to police or company heads or whatever 30 years ago, it's damn sure not getting any tears from me today. You made the bed then, deal with the no s#s given now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join