It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: IAMTAT

God you lot are a bunch of snowflake whingers.......

So the libs cry that Trump says mean things, so instead of taking the high road and prove they are supposedly above that, they lower the bar and stoop to his level. So in their minds two wrongs make a right. Bunch of f’n hypocrits.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All the leftists in here can chant, laugh and say what they want. But, Donald Trump is YOUR president, and will continue to be YOUR president . . . so remember that for the next 2.5 years of your lives, probably 6.5 more years actually. Every day you get up, TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

So, revel in your corny WHCD bum life, unfunny, inside joke for a few days. I hate to tell you, but the joke is on YOU because TRUMP and his administration are the powerful ones now and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!

edit on 29-4-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
So the libs cry that Trump says mean things, so instead of taking the high road and prove they are supposedly above that, they lower the bar and stoop to his level. So in their minds two wrongs make a right. Bunch of f’n hypocrits.

Well stop the presses, we actually have someone on the right admitting that Trump's approach is a level that we have to stoop down to.

Gimme a break, this is small potatoes compared to Trump and his ilk. But we all know how it goes, 1 joke by a liberal = 50 insults by Trump & crew. Actually 50 may be a low estimate.
edit on 29-4-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Well stop the presses, we actually have someone on the right admitting that Trump's approach is a level that we have to stoop down to.

Gimme a break, this is small potatoes compared to Trump and his ilk. But we all know how it goes, 1 joke by a liberal = 50 insults by Trump & crew. Actually 50 may be a low estimate.

Your comprehension is obviously lacking. I admitted no such thing. I said the libs are the ones who bitch about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

*chuckles*

Ben Shapiro is right. This made the democrats and leftists look small and weak and pitiful.

That's why we should ALWAYS let them speak.

Democrats and leftists ARE small weak and pitiful. Humor takes intelligence. That dinner was one of the least funny things I have ever seen. Whiny lack-wits slinging insults is not humor. The nature of the jokes says more about the person telling them than the target of the so-called humor. You can aim bullsh1t at anyone but its still a reflection of the person throwing it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

All I am seeing is a bunch of Trumpets having a big old sook that someone dared to insult their Cheeto Jesus.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Apparently there were enough correspindents dismayed about it that an apology was issued:
link

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

He attended a correspondence event during the campaign and was basically confronted with the wall of hate straight to his face. By not going and participating in this he has simply walked around them. In so many ways. Now that is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm hearing rumors about future dinners possibly being cancelled.

Works for me. A lot of self-important fools congratulating themselves for being such good propagandists... someone is gonna break their arm patting themselves on the back some day and it won't be 'funny' any more. Not that it's funny to anyone but them anyway...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Mandatory Sarah can't manage her own makeup. Check.
And btw...she is fat. She's a cow. Who ya kidding.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Didn't catch it, but they were fat shaming?

The party of...some women...apparently. And this isn't the only example.

Hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bunch of cry babies.
Can't laugh at themselves.
And they're so hilarious. I don't get it. Lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Donald Trump is the first president who did not attend this dinner. It is because he has a fragile ego and no sense of humor. Many in attendance felt awkward because they knew they were mocking the afflicted.

Its a dinner, not a celebrity roast.

Go look at past WHCDs

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Fat shaming another woman?
How nice.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crtrvt

If you're going to roast somebody at least make sure it's funny , it wasn't funny.
For me it wasn't about whether it was a woman or a man on the receiving end it was about poor taste.

Different strokes. The entire trump administration is in poor taste and we get to experience that every day, not just one night.

Sounds like you need to get over it.

No?

Different strokes I guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't know many people who think hatred is funny, no matter who says it.

A celebrity roast is good-natured humor. It's jokes delivered at someone who is respected and liked by those cracking the jokes. They do a friendly caricature of the honoree. There was no respect for anyone at this dinner. Those making what was very loosely termed 'jokes' despised their targets and that was obvious from the few clips I have had the misfortune of seeing.

This was not funny. In the least. Except maybe to someone who shares the hate.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Well if anyone knows hiprocracy...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

This. Fragile little ego. Can't laugh at himself.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

so uh...tell me about that basket again?
something about "calls women pigs"?
well done ma'am

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Really?

R E A L L Y. ? ? ?

Hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join