It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: IAMTAT

Donald Trump is the first president who did not attend this dinner. It is because he has a fragile ego and no sense of humor. Many in attendance felt awkward because they knew they were mocking the afflicted.

Funny how tradition matters, except when it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Funny how the only traditions that matter to "conservatives" are from the 1800's.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nah, she just compared her to the most reprehensible character in The Handmaid's Tale, a shade lower than an Uncle Tom, but who's counting?

So you knew that she didn't make either of the jokes that the OP was whining about — as he was himself actually attacking a woman for her appearance — and you didn't think to point that out?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies to the American people for a living and she's an asshole about it on top of everything else. Yet she gets described as a "hero" for doing it by people who support a president who said that a decorated combat veteran who spent years as a POW and lost function of one of his arms in service of our country isn't a hero because he "got captured."

And really, "who's counting?" Clearly not Trump supporters.

"Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that — the face of our next president!?"

"@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision."

"Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo @MegynKelly will consider other programs!"

"How much money is the extremely unattractive (both inside and out) Arianna Huffington paying her poor ex-hubby for the use of his name?"

"Rosie's a person who's very lucky to have her girlfriend. And she better be careful or I'll send one of my friends over to pick up her girlfriend, why would she stay with Rosie if she had another choice?"

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

"It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees"

I can keep going if you're going to keep pretending. Not only do you not care about crude personal attacks when somebody you support is making them, I would imagine that like most Trump supporters, you actually cheer him for doing it.

Wow, somebody is T.R.I.G.G.E.R.E.D.!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Funny how the only traditions that matter to "conservatives" are from the 1800's.

Oohh, specific time range. Why don't you name a few?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You know what's really triggered? Trumplethinskin fleeing halfway across the country because he can't handle jokes about himself.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My favorite from back then was the "duel to the death" tradition. They should re-legalize that one.

Which other traditions that only matter to conservatives from the 1800's were there? I know "honoring the constitution" was one.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You know what's really triggered? Trumplethinskin fleeing halfway across the country because he can't handle jokes about himself.

Is that the only reason for the dinner?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'd give you an example but I live in NJ and there's no Confederate statues from which I can learn history.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You mean common sense?

link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

My favorite from back then was the "duel to the death" tradition. They should re-legalize that one.

Which other traditions that only matter to conservatives from the 1800's were there? I know "honoring the constitution" was one.

Speaking of political traditions from the 1800s...Democrats and Slavery jump immediately to mind.

link   

If the purpose of the dinner is to make Trump run a thousand miles from DC, then they should hold it nightly.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'd give you an example but I live in NJ and there's no Confederate statues from which I can learn history.

If there had been any I'm sure the libs would have already defaced and/or broken them. That's one of their favorite pastimes.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If the purpose of the dinner is to make Trump run a thousand miles from DC, then they should hold it nightly.

I don't think Trump needs a dinner for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Chill out, you're so triggered its disgusting.

Only a true hardcore leftist such as yourself would come on to the thread and say, "Nothing wrong here, Nothing to see".

Pretty amusing and sad. You're better then this, man up

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I seem to recall an actor that gave a rather harsh performance at Ford's Theatre once during the Lincoln administration.

Now they just do "character" assassination.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Perhaps you should clean up the misinformation from the OP before you continue on to making lame arguments that only people who are ignorant of history find appealing?

Just a thought.

But since you want to breach this topic. It's not about D/R it's about conservatism vs liberalism/progressivism. Are you arguing that preserving chattel slavery was not the conservative position?

How about Jim Crow laws? Conservative or liberal? How about segregation? Seems that the final straw was the 1964 presidential election when the Republican candidate, Barry "Mr. Conservative" Goldwater, lost in an unprecedented landslide after refusing to support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

That resulted in the Republicans realizing that they had lost the black vote for a generation which in turn birthed the "Southern Strategy." You know what that is right? The strategy to appeal to rural whites with fear/hate mongering of blacks in particular. Jump to the 80's and you've got Reagan introducing the trope of the "welfare queen" and just in case you think I'm lying to you, keep in mind that in 2005, RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized for it:

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

But yeah, lets ignore the last half century and talk about 150 years ago when the make up the parties was completely different.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If there had been any I'm sure the libs would have already defaced and/or broken them. That's one of their favorite pastimes.

We have to find something to do when you lot are out burning crosses and running over protesters.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All in all, nothing but an expensive echo chamber and mental circle jerks.

Love the fact that Sarah was down there, right in the middle of their pony stall, full grace and undeterred, chillin. The real suckers were the fools talking so much mess, a lot of people found distasteful and for good reason.

Even the liberal cleric, Acosta, points out how "nasty" those jokes were, even though he still found a way to twist it back on the POTUS, regardless, it was BAD and they should FEEL BAD.

To all the ignorance saying Trump is thin skinned and ran off to a rally, if they roasted Sarah, what do you think they would have said to POTUS? Lol, this is a ridiculous view, if anything, I'd rather be out with my voter base then with a bunch of snobby elitist chickenS#'s still whining about losing. Oh lookie that, exactly what Trump did.

You liberals laughed among each other, We all laughed at you

edit on 29-4-2018 by Arnie123 because: Meh

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Lmao. This is what I do for entertainment. Also, there's literally "nothing to see here" when the OP is expressing outrage about things that did not happen.

If you weren't so "triggered" maybe you'd stop to realize that you're upset about something that didn't happen and you could laugh along with me.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Considering slavery was about depriving liberty from people, it was not a conservative position. It was about forcing one person's decision on another through force of law, so that sounds progressive/modern liberal.

Jim Crow was all about government telling a private business how to run its operations. That sounds progressive/modern liberal too.

The Civil Rights Act was just the same, telling a private business how to operate instead of letting the free market handle the repercussions of those private decisions. Goldwater was consistent on opposing *that one aspect* of the Act.

Ah, the 'Southern Strategy' that wasn't. It took an entire generation of Democrats shuffling off the mortal coil before non-racist Republicans could vote out the 16 racist Democrats that filibustered the Act and/or promoted segregation in southern schools... ah memories.

The Democrat party is no different than before, it still wants to control people through force of law. It's modified its approach, is all.

To be fair, the Republicans are the ones who have been letting the progressive cancer convince them that politicians should decide how people live their lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join