It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wrong. Trump proved that with his rally in Michigan. Suck it up pal.

While idiots waste their time slating the press secretary, Trump is paving the way for 2020...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Mandatory Sarah Sanders FAT joke?---CHECK.
Mandatory Sarah Sanders is RACIST joke?...CHECK.

Er Obligatory.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Brilliant and 100% accurate.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Trump did not need to be in that room with a bunch of aholes that do not respect him and lie about the good he is doing on a daily basis. He was where he should have been and wanted to be....with the America people.

I am all for comedy. Free speech. All that. What I saw from last night was someone attempting a roast and to be honest, feel pretty flat with a the majority of the jokes. Some of them, I will easily admit, but what it showed was exactly how the media is acting now. Petty.

I am sure she will do the talk show circles this week and maybe she can hook up with Kathy No Head for a tour later this year.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: IAMTAT

Donald Trump is the first president who did not attend this dinner. It is because he has a fragile ego and no sense of humor. Many in attendance felt awkward because they knew they were mocking the afflicted.

So you think he has some kind of obligation to show up and sit for that?

If I knew in advance that I was simply going to be openly mocked and ridiculed like that, I wouldn't feel any obligation to attend either.

No one says they can't say what they want and arrange entertainment that pleases them, but if it's not to someone's taste, they shouldn't expect that person/people to show up.

(post by SKEPTEK removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Couldn't care less. Trump couldn't care less either. It's a roast, roasts aren't meant to not hurt your feelings. Get over it, I'm sure Sarah is doing just fine. Stop being snowflakes.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Mandatory Sarah Sanders FAT joke?---CHECK.
Mandatory Sarah Sanders is RACIST joke?...CHECK.

I watched the video of Michelle Wolf's roasting of SHS and she neither told a fat joke or called her a racist in what I saw. Nor is anyone mentioning them.

Could you please share these jokes because I think you just made them up.

Also, it's hilarious that Trump is such a wuss that he fled to a rally to hide from jokes. Lmao. Also, what are you lot outraged about? Have you heard the # Trump has said about people and you ADORE him for it.
edit on 2018-4-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I remember the good old days when comedy was actually funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Except neither of those things happened AFAIK. The most "controversial" joke she told about SHS was that she uses the ashes of lies to achieve that "perfect smokey eye" look which isn't actually a slight against her appearance at all.

What really pissed off Trumpkins is that she referred like 3x to Sarah Huckabee Sanders lying. She also called out the media for their symbiotic relationship to Trump which was hilarious.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: DJW001

Wrong. Trump proved that with his rally in Michigan. Suck it up pal.

While idiots waste their time slating the press secretary, Trump is paving the way for 2020...

And when he wins re-relection the leftist's heads will explode.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
dp*
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nah, she just compared her to the most reprehensible character in The Handmaid's Tale, a shade lower than an Uncle Tom, but who's counting?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You making fun of Michelle Wolf's appearance by calling her "Carrot Top" based on your fake outrage over jokes about SHS that she didn't tell is peak Trumpkin ATS.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ew... Carrot Top?! Two cringes don't made a right.

I haven't seen any of the dinner but, if somebody resorted to body shaming Sanders again, I'm just as disappointed as you trumpkins probably are.

Trump's penchant for body shaming women is well documented and universally rebuked by all decent folk on both the left and right.

To do the same to the women on his staff as a way to get to him is... well, deplorable really. I've argued this with my boyfriend more than once and it's an ongoing disagreement.

He'll call Trump a fat piece of crap when he knows we both have people in our lives that we love who are overweight. What do you think that says to them about what we think of their bodies? It says we are not safe nor trustworthy lovers, friends, or family.

Sorry for the side-rant; this has just become a sore spot for me lately.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Carrot Top? He's got a lot of nerve to criticize someone's appearance.

That's the scariest looking woman I've ever seen.

Take a gander at Kathy Griffin without makeup. She looks like Andy Dick.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The problem is perception....it is ok for some but not for all.

Comedian Michelle Wolf on Saturday night fantasized about a tree falling on Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway and likened White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to a butch softball coach.

“Every time Sarah steps up to the podium, I get excited because I’m not really sure what we’re going to get: you know, a press briefing, a bunch of lies or divided into softball teams,” Wolf said. Then, in a husky voice: “It’s shirts and skins, and this time, don’t be such a little bitch, Jim Acosta!”

I just think it really feel flat. She is a writer for the Daily Show's Trevor Noah so would anyone expect anything less than this.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nah, she just compared her to the most reprehensible character in The Handmaid's Tale, a shade lower than an Uncle Tom, but who's counting?

So you knew that she didn't make either of the jokes that the OP was whining about — as he was himself actually attacking a woman for her appearance — and you didn't think to point that out?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies to the American people for a living and she's an asshole about it on top of everything else. Yet she gets described as a "hero" for doing it by people who support a president who said that a decorated combat veteran who spent years as a POW and lost function of one of his arms in service of our country isn't a hero because he "got captured."

And really, "who's counting?" Clearly not Trump supporters.

"Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that — the face of our next president!?"

"@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision."

"Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo @MegynKelly will consider other programs!"

"How much money is the extremely unattractive (both inside and out) Arianna Huffington paying her poor ex-hubby for the use of his name?"

"Rosie's a person who's very lucky to have her girlfriend. And she better be careful or I'll send one of my friends over to pick up her girlfriend, why would she stay with Rosie if she had another choice?"

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

"It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees"

I can keep going if you're going to keep pretending. Not only do you not care about crude personal attacks when somebody you support is making them, I would imagine that like most Trump supporters, you actually cheer him for doing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I remember when the alt right here called Michele Obama Harambe, or Michael

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join