It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Carrot Top? He's got a lot of nerve to criticize someone's appearance.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

At first I thought it was Debbie Wasserman Schultz doing the gags - her and wolf could have been spawned by the same seed.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah but he's chickened out.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That's the scariest looking woman I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

As usual, this was probably a trap, she was the bait and the party of inclusion and compassion walked right into it.

Never thought of it that way...some more 4d chess that the left hasn’t mastered yet!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Fortunately, I missed it last night...but I WAS able to watch an AWESOME Trump Rally in Michigan.

This morning, however, I WAS treated to some really classy highlights of Carrot top trashing Sarah Sanders.
Mandatory Sarah Sanders FAT joke?---CHECK.
Mandatory Sarah Sanders is RACIST joke?...CHECK.
For HER part...Sanders handled the unfunny Leftist vomiting ignorance on her with stoic class...but it was cringe-worthy to watch.

It struck me that, by the looks on their faces,...many of the Press in the audience might actually have looked ashamed of that exchange.
Perhaps I'm wrong...and they were merely experiencing mass spontaneous orgasm.

Now...I'm wondering how everyone, especially our Progressive friends here on ATS, felt about this last night.
FUNFEST...or HATEFEST?

Did Sarah Sanders get what she deserved?
...or did Carrot Top go too far?

When that ingrate Michelle Wolf said "What’s Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women?" there were boo's from the audience....

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"She burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye. Like maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."

Given that SHS gets up and lies to the entire country day after day she deserves every bit of it and ridicule. None of this is about her being a woman, all of this is about being a grotesque propagandist.

Trump says insensitive things on a daily basis. SHS often uses the "he was joking" response as a way to dismiss it. Kellyanne says "you have to listen to what's in his heart," not his actual words. Michelle Wolf is a comedian. Trump is the President. The irony is inferred.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Carrot Top?

They actually had Carrot Top? Poster boy for douche bags?

You lost me there. Just the fact that they hired that unfunny, pathetic hack speaks to the depths at which the dwell.

Carrot Top? Sheesh!

:
edit on 2018 4 29 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Last nights media exercise in leftist-speak version of free speech just shows that the bias in the media is real and not stopping.

It also did more to energize republican voters than anything Donald Trump could do.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

If you're going to roast somebody at least make sure it's funny , it wasn't funny.
For me it wasn't about whether it was a woman or a man on the receiving end it was about poor taste.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crtrvt

If you're going to roast somebody at least make sure it's funny , it wasn't funny.
For me it wasn't about whether it was a woman or a man on the receiving end it was about poor taste.

Different strokes. The entire trump administration is in poor taste and we get to experience that every day, not just one night.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Last night was a media exercise in self-defecating humor.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Last night was a media exercise in self-defecating humor.

It diarrheally was.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: IAMTAT

Did Sarah Sanders get what she deserved?
...or did Carrot Top go too far?

I watched some of Michelle Wolf's "routine" but had to stop as it was so cringe worthy , pathetic and unfunny.
Sarah Sanders did not deserve that.

i.imgur.com...
edit on 29-4-2018 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's the neat thing about free speech, people will out themselves (eventually) as the small-minded bigots and racists and vile people that they are.

Why do you think the loudest advocates against 'hate speech' are the far left? They need laws to prevent them from outing themselves.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh, crap... I completely missed the event! That's what I get for checking the guide every 15 minutes during the 4 hours leading up to it to make sure it isn't being shown on the channels I might watch.

I did catch just a few minutes of Trump... then company came by and no one cared. Good times!

So, I chose to watch an egotistical businessman talking about all the things he has done and is going to do rather than a group of incompetent, lazy racists browbeating anyone that doesn't think like them because the guy they were assigned to work with doesn't like incompetence, laziness, or racists. Then life let me not have to deal with either one!

I mean, really, it wasn't that Trump was that great... I'd rather him be doing things than talking about them, although it seems he can do both at the same time. It was that I don't consider it a big event when a group of people who are hired to do a job consistently fail miserably at it because they're too busy trying to pursue an agenda of personal destruction toward the person they were upset at because he didn't attend than do their job, and then pat themselves on the back for doing a poor job because they think they are so good at doing what they have obviously failed at... and that includes both reporting facts and destroying their personal target.

Comedians who aren't funny don't interest me either. I guess I'm just weird that way; I feel the same way about tone-deaf singers.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, if carrot top was funny, it would be a first.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Grambler

Canuck humour.

Norm may be the funniest man alive

His political humor in weekend update was amazing

He went after all sides

It should have served as a model for how to do it

Sadly it has been overlooked apparently for people that want to just be partisan cheerleaders

The same libs that fired Norm from SNL because they declared he wasn't "funny".

They prove time and time again that they cannot judge character, wrong every time.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Personally, I don’t understand the outrage.

The press has more recently used the WHCD to schmooze with Washington elites and the administrations. It is a perverse event. A little animosity is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love comedy, and I dont mind vulgar comedy at all.

SO just looking at this from a comedy perspective, here is the problem I have.

The best comedy is edgy and takes risks in my opinion.

Its similar to rock and roll.

The problem with this routine and much of the stuff we see now days is that it is almost all coming from the same angle.

SO there is no real risk.

Its why south park said they are done with trump jokes.

If everyone is making trump jokes, then its just not edgy anymore.

So i dont think its brave or challenging when all of the entertainment industry hates trump and mocks him on a daily basis to get up and mock trump again.

What would have been brave or edgy would have been to mock Obama like this, cause he was the darling of the entertainment industry.

But they didnt do that, they fawned over him.

OS i am not impressed with this routine, didnt find it funny, and certainly dont find it to be edgy or brave.

Now was I offened or think they should be silenced; heck no!

the only offense to me was hacky comedy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join