It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Her delivery was flat and her words weren’t always understandable.

Mumbling and flat and classlesss.

Good humor imo is based off of ironic truths, not reaching for insults that are so far off of the targets persona.

I mean really, what was the whole tree comment about? Stupid if you ask me!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

This was funnier.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not venting hatred... reflecting it..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

You still didn't answer my question... has Sanders said anything about the comments?

If not, you're venting... you're not a mirror.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/1/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
LOL I love how all of these social justice warriors need a safe space to hide from the comedians from the dinner. so much outrage.

Here's a clue. Instead of fighting against free speech because you were offended...we don't need your brand of social justice...and we don't owe you snowflakes a safe space either!...how about just not watching it. It's a comedy thing...comedy offends people..makes fun of people. get over yourselves and try adulting for once.

Jeesh!

Next you'll be whining about Rossane not being politically correct or that stephen cobert hurt your feelings or that the confederate flag hurts your feelings or that Bill Maher was mean.
edit on 1-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You still didn't answer my question... has Sanders said anything about the comments?

If not, you're venting... you're not a mirror.

TheRedneck

So what's your point? What if I do hate what the GOP has become? Who cares? The GOP certainly doesn't care if they spew vile hatred at half of the country. If you're so concerned about hatred maybe you should check yourself first.

Everyone knows that the only reason Trump was elected is due to the hatred for Obama and Clinton... if you deny it you're just showing how naive you are.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

i'm no hilary fan but at least she can take a joke unlike melissa resting *&^% face sanders. what a personality on that one huh?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: CainHarmbank
How about this joke from Michelle Wolf?

"Trump is so broke... (How broke is he?)

He had to borrow money from the Russians, is now susceptible to blackmail, and will be responsible for the collapse of the republic."

Doesn't sound like anybody here believes this joke has a ring of truth to it...

I believe you've hit upon facts, not a joke. It has never been the least bit funny.

I don't like Michelle Wolfe's bit. I thought it was needlessly cruel and cringeworthy, a personal attack is a personal attack.

It is worth noting that all these conservatives loved it when Trump didn't have time for PC and was attacking reporters by name, making fun of handicapped people, talking about grabbing women by the P***sy, but that was all fun and games, called Obama a "sick guy" - but the right gets the vapors and clutches their pearls if a comedian does it.

I don't like it when anyone does it. Comedy isn't funny when it comes to humiliating one person - as she intended to do with Huckabee-Sanders. But, then I started out complaining about Trump doing it years ago, "she'd do ANYTHING for money" ...

It's ok if Trump does it, not okay for Wolf.

in my personal life i try to refrain from making fun of stuff that will personally hurt ones feelings such as the size of their nose, their hairline, their body weight etc etc but in trumps case whats good for the goose is good for the gander especially at a roast where the whole point is to bash the bashee.

trump supporters should really learn to pick their battles and the very fact they are getting upset over this is proof that they will back their hero up even when they know full well trump loves to make fun of everyone!!! so what trump can viciously rip on people but don't dare make fun of him or his goons?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
want some cheese with that whine anyone?

i think it might be time to call a wahhhhhhhmbulance lol

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Have to say I didn't watch the new WHCD comedienne. Didn't sound interesting to watch.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: CainHarmbank
How about this joke from Michelle Wolf?

"Trump is so broke... (How broke is he?)

He had to borrow money from the Russians, is now susceptible to blackmail, and will be responsible for the collapse of the republic."

Doesn't sound like anybody here believes this joke has a ring of truth to it...

I believe you've hit upon facts, not a joke. It has never been the least bit funny.

I don't like Michelle Wolfe's bit. I thought it was needlessly cruel and cringeworthy, a personal attack is a personal attack.

It is worth noting that all these conservatives loved it when Trump didn't have time for PC and was attacking reporters by name, making fun of handicapped people, talking about grabbing women by the P***sy, but that was all fun and games, called Obama a "sick guy" - but the right gets the vapors and clutches their pearls if a comedian does it.

I don't like it when anyone does it. Comedy isn't funny when it comes to humiliating one person - as she intended to do with Huckabee-Sanders. But, then I started out complaining about Trump doing it years ago, "she'd do ANYTHING for money" ...

It's ok if Trump does it, not okay for Wolf.

trump supporters should really learn to pick their battles

Seriously? Bwahahahaha

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So what's your point? What if I do hate what the GOP has become?

My point is that you made a statement calling someone out for complaining who has not said a single word about the event. Sanders took the high road. Then when I pointed out your error, you conveniently ignored it.

You are free to hate whoever and whatever you want. I am free to point out the irrationality and ignorance you spout doing so. That's how free speech works.

If you're so concerned about hatred maybe you should check yourself first.

I'm not the one lumping people into baskets, and I certainly don't hate anyone. I want justice served, and I will point out whenever some self-righteous wanna-be does stoopid. That's not hate.

Everyone knows that the only reason Trump was elected is due to the hatred for Obama and Clinton... if you deny it you're just showing how naive you are.

What am I thinking now?

You seem to be so sure what my thoughts are, surely you can answer that.

I personally voted for Trump because yes, he was not Obama, and because he actually seemed to understand what I expected from government. I suppose you consider that hate too?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Have to say I didn't watch the new WHCD comedienne. Didn't sound interesting to watch.

I thought it was because they don't let you watch American TV on your troll farm.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
originally posted by: TheRedneck

My point is that you made a statement calling someone out for complaining who has not said a single word about the event. Sanders took the high road. Then when I pointed out your error, you conveniently ignored it.

Oh please… spare me the drama. “Dry your smokey eyes” is hardly “calling someone out”, it was a joke, not an error. But I suppose you get some sense of satisfaction reprimanding a total stranger on an obscure conspiracy theory forum. Kudos to you buddy… whatever gets you through the day. I’m betting you think what you do here is important… Here's your medal.

You are free to hate whoever and whatever you want. I am free to point out the irrationality and ignorance you spout doing so. That's how free speech works.

Oh thanks so much for reminding me of my freedom to hate… So good to have confirmation from you. I feel so much better about it.

I'm not the one lumping people into baskets, and I certainly don't hate anyone. I want justice served, and I will point out whenever some self-righteous wanna-be does stoopid. That's not hate.

I’m self-righteous? Ok Redneck dude… that’s kind of ironic don’t you think? You want justice served? And you think pointing out "whenever some self-righteous wanna-be does stoopid" on this forum is somehow furthering the cause of justice? Hahaha.. now I know you're naive... and kind of pathetic as well.

What am I thinking now?

I don’t care what you’re thinking… and I think it's safe to say that most people don't care either.

You seem to be so sure what my thoughts are, surely you can answer that.

Again... I don't care what you're thinking... and don't call me Surely.

I personally voted for Trump because yes, he was not Obama, and because he actually seemed to understand what I expected from government. I suppose you consider that hate too?

No… I don’t consider that to be hate… I consider that to be stoooopid.
Have a lovely day… Redneck wanna-be…

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yeah and in another tread the opposite happens. Ya'll need to grow up. Your politics shouldn't be THAT personal to you that it reduces you into children.

And there it is...but what about...

You think just because you put a cutsie label on something it can be dismissed as irrelevant? That's cute.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
want some cheese with that whine anyone?

Ya know with the political climate IDK who that's aimed at.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

“Dry your smokey eyes” is hardly “calling someone out”, it was a joke, not an error.

Now see? That wasn't so hard.

Oh thanks so much for reminding me of my freedom to hate…

Any time... but it's sad you seemed to need confirmation of that fact.

I’m self-righteous?

Actually, that remark was aimed at the 'journalists' who attended the silly thing in the first place... but if it makes you feel better to include yourself, by all means, knock yourself out!

You want justice served?

I think that would be a good thing. Sorry if you don't.

And you think pointing out "whenever some self-righteous wanna-be does stoopid" on this forum is somehow furthering the cause of justice?

Hmmm... guess I moved a little fast for you, seeing as you just tried to conflate two separate things. I can type slower if that would help...

No, people have the right to do stoopid all they want. We see examples of that every day in every way... it's becoming a national passtime. As a matter of fact, I consider blind hatred to be way up there on the stoopid scale.

I don’t care what you’re thinking…

That's a pretty short attention span you got there. A post earlier you seemed all upset over my innermost thoughts.

don't call me Surely

They should have had you as comedian at the dinner. I might have watched.

No… I don’t consider that to be hate… I consider that to be stoooopid.

Ooh! Four 'o's! I'm impressed!

Not. It takes a lot more than two extra keyboard strokes to cover up so much hate.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Come on down to Texas sometime... our rednecks don't spend all their time pretending they're important on the internet.

I actually feel sorry for you now after looking at all your activity here. Must be a lonely existence....

Later dude... hope your life gets better.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Been there.... nice place. I even wear a Stetson... got it off a Texan on my last trip. I had to run the fool almost a half-mile to catch him... little buggers are fast!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join