It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Bout That Correspondent's Dinner?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I can do what I like

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Sure I've learned to recognize it from here.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheGOAT

Memes. The voice of those who have nothing to say.

Sounds like you cant refute the memes, so you just revert to insults.

Believe me, I'm well aware of this persons attitude and posting style. I've been roaming this boards for over a decade. The old ATS would have warned and banned this poster a LONGGG time ago. Everyone here can see they add nothing to the site other than constant #posting one-liners.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Everybody knows me that's for sure. Jealous?
edit on 4302018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You
Everybody knowled

Everybody knows me that's for sure. Jealous?

I'm extremely jealous of the way you handle yourself in this community. Everyone looks up to you with your outstanding thought out posts that add to this wonderful community. I wish we had more members like yourself who spent the time and effort you do to craft such articulate responses You are a true friend of the crown.

Dilly Dilly

/Sarcasm

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thing was laughable LOL They used "canned" applause and laughter - check out the crowd most were just sitting there uncomfortably - NOT clapping or laughing though the audio contradicted that. What a Joke LOL

Go back and look at it ... dare ya
edit on 4302018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the only person that will benefit will be Michelle Wolf.
She had a funny hbo special; seems to me the WHCA didn't research who they scheduled for entertainment.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thank you. I didn't make her fat. She should shovel less food into that man sized body.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What's more is that the WHCA is back tracking on Wolfs act:
MSN News

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

True I am a force

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
as I said in a similar thread:

I think people have forgotten what a roast is supposed to be. There is a difference between attacking someone and roasting them. Sure, a roast can say some cruel things, but in the end, it is about having the guest laughing at themselves, not belittling and scoring political points. It is to remind the honoree that they too have flaws and they need to remember them.

In a lot of ways a roast is a modern form of the alleged Roman tradition of having a slave whisper into the ears of their generals "all glory is fleeting" and "remember, you are but human" to remind them that no matter how powerful they are, in the long run they are just like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

True I am a force

Get away from the Dark side. You may be able to discuss the topic then.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I could not agree more. Carlin was a comedic genius. His later stuff got a little too political for me, but his early stuff will go (has gone) down in the annals of history as some of the most insightful comedy ever.

Pryor was another comedic genius of that time. Same thing... no hate, just humor.

Redd Foxx... hilarious and filthy as sin... but no hate.

Robin Williams... no hate (but a little lot of mania).

Cosby... no hate.

Foxworthy... no hate.

Kinnison... OK, there's always an exception...

Don frickin' Rickles spews some of the most insidious remarks I can imagine... but he doesn't hate any one group. He hates everyone, so it's OK (he actually is a real nice guy outside of his routines and hates no one; I have seen several interviews with him).

Today we got Kathy Griffith... pure hate, not funny. This Wolf woman... pure hate, not funny. Whoopi Goldberg (who used to be funny) is now so full of hate she's not funny. If I needed anything else to despise the far left movement over, it would be the destruction of comedy in favor of hate.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

They could apologize and try and save some dignity for their organization, or double down like others have and ride the ship down to complete loss of credibility.
I looked, but could not find a response from sanders about the event. Perhaps she will just take the high road and not comment?

(post by redhorse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I looked, but could not find a response from sanders about the event. Perhaps she will just take the high road and not comment?

I think she will.

Any comment from Sanders would reduce her in my eyes. She's doing the right thing: others got out of control, and she just shrugs it off and goes on with life. These un-comedians aren't worth their target stooping to discuss them.

In the end, this is just a temper fit by the far left over a reasonable condemnation of an act of hatred. And as usual, the projection involved is epic.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The whole thing was disgraceful , the mean spirited, hypocritical, slings at SHS was just one part of how bad this was.

What surprises is that she is not being called out more about her gross, disturbing abortion jokes, talk about REALLY ??

In part, Wolf said on abortion , "Don’t knock it till you try it — and when you do try it, really knock it. You know, you’ve got to get that baby out of there. And yeah, sure, you can groan all you want. I know a lot of you are very anti-abortion. You know, unless it’s the one you got for your secret mistress."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Even pro-choice people must see how callus and disturbing this "joke" was. This dinner is for giving students scholarships, which btw the POTUS did meet with and congratulate those students before the dinner. For those who want to cast stones at Trump's morality, maybe you should stop and wonder how being MORE Vulgar and hateful then what you accuse him of, helps your cause?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Thank you. I didn't make her fat. She should shovel less food into that man sized body.

Now that SHS is fat, maybe she can now fit into Hillary’s Lane Bryant size 16 pantsuits.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

In part, Wolf said on abortion , "Don’t knock it till you try it — and when you do try it, really knock it. You know, you’ve got to get that baby out of there. And yeah, sure, you can groan all you want. I know a lot of you are very anti-abortion. You know, unless it’s the one you got for your secret mistress."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Even pro-choice people must see how callus and disturbing this "joke" was.

That's not a joke. That's a political diatribe designed to inflame people. AND I see no humor in the content.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Reaffirming the Political Mud Pit Forum Guidelines

The Political Mud Pit was always intended to be a platform for members to hash out their political differences and to contentiously debate tough political issues, unencumbered by the usual constraints of civility and decorum found elsewhere on ATS. LINK

Please remember to attack the topics and not each other. T&Cs still apply and posts will be removed.

Do not reply to this PSA

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join