It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The press shows their bias against Trump and attack Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: dragonridr

She was attacking her makeup not sure what yoor saying.

No she wasn't. She said her make up was "perfect". Get a clue!

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders stands at that podium and lies to the American people every time. She deserves every bit of criticism she gets. This administration has such a low bar, is so vulgar, that even Michelle Wolf's routine didn't dip that low.

Thank you for proving my point your hatred gives you the right to hurt others on the grounds they don't agree with you. Just wrong and makes me feel sad that so many people think ridiculing others is funny and in your case appropriate because you believe anyone who disagrees with you deserves to be hurt. Ever think you might have allowed politics to consume your humanity.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As a society I think it's time we look at what we have become. We don't debate we demonize. We no longer compromise we destroy others opinions. And we have become a nation were it's ok to disrespect others if they are on the other side of politics. I have a friend who is not talking to his mom because she voted for Trump. Can you believe we have created these devides?
edit on 4/29/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The nature of the White House Correspondents' Dinner is like that of a "Roast". Roasts are raunchy, always. If Trump would have attended, he could've roasted all those fake media people right back, but he chickened out, again.

And yes, Sarah Sanders IS a liar and a hypocrite. This is not about me disagreeing with her. She lies. She's earned every bit of criticism she gets.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Gets Called Out By Fox News For Her Lies trofire.com...
edit on 29-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's the White House Correspondent's Dinner, it's supposed to be like a "roast". Besides, Sarah Huckabee Sanders deserves all the criticism and mockery she gets.
I wish I could give you half a star for that comment. I like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, but it is and always has been a roast. Less of a presidential roast with Obama because you it would end careers, but still... Man go back to Norm Mcdonald on Bill Clinton! That was a riot.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I'll take half a star & offer you some fun and giggles:

I'll watch it too!
edit on 29-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe..he set the bar really low..right? They say a leader should lead by example, I guess it's working.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Maybe..he set the bar really low..right? They say a leader should lead by example, I guess it's working.

Sure!

Just that no one can claim the "high moral ground".

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There is no high moral ground, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lol, excellent!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

A few decent jokes in there! But, the lack of applause in the room, is deafening...remembering that the crowd is largely left-leaning...apparently people, even on the left are catching on.

OTOH, seems to me that more than a few, are beginning to realize, they are on the wrong side. And in fact, isn't that what we really want? Most people are not evil. Not even the clever ones.

As a person, who thinks of myself as a light-sider...we have a lot of forgiving to do. Hating back, would be a mistake, IMO.
edit on 29-4-2018 by Enderdog because: Typo

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's the White House Correspondent's Dinner, it's supposed to be like a "roast". Besides, Sarah Huckabee Sanders deserves all the criticism and mockery she gets.

She is plenty tough enough to handle it. In fact, I think she was only there to show that political doing the dozens, is no sweat.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

That's her job...to represent. Having no one there would appear cowardly to most people.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: RomeByFire

so is that all Trump supporters, or just the few you noticed? I ask since there are quite a few you haven't heard from as of yet. But it's cool to just be lazy and say it's all of them, you know, to save time.

This kind of talk is perfectly allowed, and in some circles, accepted. It's also something that makes most who have a little tact and class cringe and realize just how ignorant those who chose to share their views publicly in this way are.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. But still no outrage, no meltdown, no snoflakeyness, just a little SMH.

I wonder how many movers and shakers are regretting going after Prez the Donald at the Correspondent's Dinner a few years back...that might just have been his tipping point...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It was fairly humorous to watch the crowd nervously scanning each other, to figure out if it was OK to laugh or not. That herd was on the verge of stampeding, I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The nature of the White House Correspondents' Dinner is like that of a "Roast". Roasts are raunchy, always. If Trump would have attended, he could've roasted all those fake media people right back, but he chickened out, again.

And yes, Sarah Sanders IS a liar and a hypocrite. This is not about me disagreeing with her. She lies. She's earned every bit of criticism she gets.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Gets Called Out By Fox News For Her Lies trofire.com...

I think that the problem was that No Talent Wolf was not clever enough with the "jokes." Her comments were rather blunt and not at all humorous. She could have done so much better had she the brains to do so. Actually, many people could have done much better.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'll watch it too!

They don't laugh much when the joke was on them... Got real quite when the "ugly rumor was execs getting drunk and sleeping with their wives" lol the worst President joke was that Clinton "needs to inhale to get better"... Boy how things have changed.

Lol boy it was dead quite, Hillary was not amused either when he said that Clinton made the first 3 star female officer, now she needs to figure out how to sexually harass herself... crickets...
edit on 29-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The funniest part was how they opened with the standard virtue signalling about muh powerful women... then proceeded to mock a woman about her appearance and intelligence.

Are they really this out of touch with their own hypocrisy?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think the real tragic story here is the one that nobody is addressing:

Comedy in todays world sucks. I personally feel that it died in the late 80's when comedians started to be more concerned about getting that sitcom deal more then working on their routines. Everybody was trying to shock the crowd, and good comedy just lost out. Case in points;

Lenny Bruce would talk about some silly notion about how sex is wrong according to what we taught, but oh so right in practice. Today we a half pissed woman going off about not getting a date, then crapping all over the men she does date for making her a member of the #metoo movement.

Don Rickles could insult anybody anywhere, but did so in an air of humor. The best we can get today is some nobody telling me that I'm strait, white, and middle class. Yep that's shocking.

Dean Martin could fake the drunk act and give a really great roast, ended with a kind word to insure that everyone knew it was all in jest. Today a roast starts, ends with somebody bitching about how fat and gay the other person looks, followed by attacking them on social media for the next few days. Yeah, great "Roast".

Todays comedy is just crap, and sadly that all we got to see with this person saying jokes last night. No prelude, no story, no clever gotcha punch line, nothing but badly stated lines written by either a angry drunk or a grade school kid with no supervision by their parents. That's the tragedy we all got the chance to see, that's what's supposed to be funny now days. I guess the real joke was the slapstick delivery everyone got by paying to go there and watch that mess.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Democrats lack in what they call social skills,not unlike inviting a hillbilly to dinner,poor personal hygiene,phsyical appearance,lacking in education,dumb people like to hear dumb things,why only liberals could relate,what I saw didn't see much laughing

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Democrats lack in what they call social skills,not unlike inviting a hillbilly to dinner,poor personal hygiene,phsyical appearance,lacking in education,dumb people like to hear dumb things,why only liberals could relate,what I saw didn't see much laughing

Your doing the same thing the press did making personal attacks at a perceived enemy. My problem with this is the lack of decency and decorum we see on display. The bias is no longer hidden but is displayed with glee,and no one in the press even wants to be fair to anyone in the Trump admin. The level of disrespect the Trump team has to endure from the press is shocking. The press at least used to show respect for the office of the president. And the press used to try to prove allegations instead of promote them. Did you know the Press was fully aware of Clinton affairs? Even Obama had an affair the Press didn't follow it up because it accomplished nothing to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join