It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The press shows their bias against Trump and attack Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: dragonridr

And your post is a case in point this isn't a left right thing at all. It's about a press that condones women being attacked foe their looks.

Sarah Sanders was NOT attacked for her looks! Nowhere did Michelle Wolf attack Sanders for her physical appearance. She attacked her for her behavior.

Do you have a problem with Sarah Huckabee Sanders' looks? You're projecting that she's vulnerable in that way. I guess you think her looks are something of a joke.

Sorry aunt lydia but you do realize aunt lydia was attacked publicly because the character was considered ugly. Both physically and emotionally. The director did it on purpose so her comparison was an attack on her. Yes Sarah isn't a model but she isn't ugly either she shouldn't had to sit through a public witch trial where she was burned at the stake in the name of politics.

Has all politics become at this point is see how badly you can hurt others? And how are we to truse news people that think this is in anyway ok?
edit on 4/29/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

She wasn't comparing "Aunt Lydia" to Sarah Sanders because of her looks, she was comparing her to Aunt Lydia because of her callous behavior.

as well as referencing her being a man (the crude masturbation reference).

No. That wasn't about Sarah Sanders. It was about Michelle Wolf being a woman, being the main entertainment instead of man, "I guess they thought, well a woman isn't going to whip it out", a Harvey Weinstein reference. She never referred to Sarah Huckabee as being a man.

Not that you will do it...but NB4 "whatabout michelle obama"...i thought that was classless as well. Michelles daughters didn't deserve seeing the nation talk about their mother that way, nor did Michelle herself deserve that.

What are you talking about??!!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes she did. She compared her to someone who has also been mocked for their looks (Aunt Lydia) as well as referencing her being a man (the crude masturbation reference).

Not that you will do it...but NB4 "whatabout michelle obama"...i thought that was classless as well. Michelles daughters didn't deserve seeing the nation talk about their mother that way, nor did Michelle herself deserve that.

No the Aunt Lydia from Handmaid's Tale was not a reference about looks, it was referring to SHS betrayal of women. You know, by propagandizing every day for a misogynist administration. And the masturbation joke wasn't about SHS at all. You're desperate to find what isn't there. Rewatch the tape pls.
edit on 29-4-2018 by crtrvt because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Aunt Lydia's character is ugly because of her behavior, her callous attitude toward women, not because of her looks!

Aunt Lydia isn't ugly, she tragic, because she's chosen to betray women.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The President has people keeping notes. The evil people in the media are marked for punishment, when the time is right.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

She's just a comedian. She was there to roast the politicians. Plus, she's not running for office . Just there to make jokes.

Also, did you crawl out of a cave?! "The media shows their political bias"? Really?! Please turn on FOX news and MSNBC...

edit on 29-4-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
No the Aunt Lydia from Handmaid's Tale was not a reference about looks, it was referring to SHS betrayal of women. You know, by propagandizing every day for a misogynist administration.

Um yeah. I didnt take that joke as having anything to do with looks.

And it was a smart joke.

Anyone who hasnt seen that series ought to right now. New Season 2 just started, perfect time to jump in.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't care if Obama was a love fest and this was just mean that is how they are...pack animals...

The worst part was that Wolf wasn't funny. It was like 6th graders made up the jokes.. Trump is so poor... holy crap! that line of jokes is what the best of Hollywood can come up with. There were many times that even the audience tried to get into it since this was their anti-Trump pep rally, but there was the old WTF look on their faces...

I would like to see Hollywood give up their pay checks for a year and give to a charity... Wouldn't it be crazy if all the 15 to 20k gift bags they get many times at events they just donated them to the poor instead. I'm sure they pat each other on the back telling themselves just how good and empathetic they are as they eat their 500 dollar lunch and homeless sit out side the restaurant window too.

Lol if people can't see them for what they are there is no hope...

edit on 29-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Signals
The real mystery to me is, why would SHS even go to this event at all?

She knew what she was walking in to.

Regardless, what a shameful display of "progressive" trash these people are....

She works with these people they come to her to ask favors. She knew there would be jokes but you could tell she didn't think they would attack her looks and weight. You just don't do that to an honored guest. But I'll bet she passes next year!

You seem unfamiliar with the pace of the dinner. They invite an honored guest to "roast" them... in past years, it's been the President of the United States. The roast-ee then gets to do a rebuttal.

Now, that said, a lot of people on both sides of the political fence have said it went too far. Michelle Wolf is taking a lot of heat for her remarks. And note that the only one who stepped over the line was the comedian, Michelle Wolf.

Not "they."

One person. Yes, I think it's fair to criticize Wolf for being in poor taste and taking a joke too far. But let the blame fall on the perpetrator and don't apply it with a broad brush.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No the Aunt Lydia from Handmaid's Tale was not a reference about looks, it was referring to SHS betrayal of women. You know, by propagandizing every day for a misogynist administration.

And it was a smart joke.

Anyone who hasnt seen that series ought to right now. New Season 2 just started, perfect time to jump in.

The next thing she says she attacks her makeup leaving no doubt as to the meaning.

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Grow a pair and toughen up.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

And it was a smart joke.

The next thing she says she attacks her makeup leaving no doubt as to the meaning.

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye.

Ah "facts", I thought she said fat, like chewing the fat, only in her case, burning it. Facts makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But, Wolf didn't criticize the appearance of Sarah's smoky eyeshadow, she even called it "perfect". She commented on where it came from.
edit on 29-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

One person. Yes, I think it's fair to criticize Wolf for being in poor taste and taking a joke too far. But let the blame fall on the perpetrator and don't apply it with a broad brush.

Wolf is "They" its not like she make up the jokes herself...lol She read them poorly too, like not hitting the right points...Its like she hadn't seen the jokes until 10 mins before the show...Or maybe she is just a bad comedian...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The President has people keeping notes. The evil people in the media are marked for punishment, when the time is right.

We're all well aware that this president is spineless, petty, and vindictive. Glad to know that even his supporters can see this.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Bejeezus.

Is SHS not fat?

Aunt Lydia isnt much fatter.

So why compare someone to someone roughly as fat as they are?

Makes no sense.

Now comparing someone to a vile TV character makes tons of sense, when trying to vilify them.

You're actually taking the power of the joke away joke away, while trumping it up as if super mean for all the wrong reasons.

Have you even been watching The Handmaids Tale series?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm not a trump supporter in fact didn't vote for him. But I am someone yhat supports common decency and knows there is a right way and a wrong way to treat people.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bejeezus.

Is SHS not fat?

Aunt Lydia isnt much fatter.

So why compare someone to someone roughly as fat as they are?

Makes no sense.

Now comparing someone to a vile TV character makes tons of sense, when trying to vilify them.

You're actually taking the power of the joke away joke away, while trumping it up as if super mean for all the wrong reasons.

Have you even been watching The Handmaids Tale series?

She was attacking her makeup not sure what yoor saying. Fact is this comedian went to far and attacked Sarah on a personal level. As I said this isn't about politics this is about the press being so consumed with hatred aND vile that they think this behavior is appropriate. And how can we trust a group that openly displays hostility to provide us with news.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

She was attacking her makeup not sure what yoor saying.

No she wasn't. She said her make up was "perfect". Get a clue!

Sarah Huckabee Sanders stands at that podium and lies to the American people every time. She deserves every bit of criticism she gets. This administration has such a low bar, is so vulgar, that even Michelle Wolf's routine didn't dip that low.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ah yes, the tolerant left. All the bitching about how terrible things are what Trump says. Instead of showing they're better than that, they decide to stoop to his level. That's why there won't be another Dem POTUS for at least twelve years. Guaranteed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join