It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The press shows their bias against Trump and attack Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm beyond shocked on how the press allowed this attack on Sarah Huckabee . They invite her was an honored guest to the Whitehouse correspondence dinner then attack her looks calls her a liar. Michelle Wolf’s after-dinner performance at Saturday’s black tie event for Washington media included attacks on the president, his staff and his daughter, as well as tackling hot button topics such as abortion and gun control.This just shows a total lack of respect and shows the bias in the media. The press should be apologizing immediately.

Heres some of her statements

• On Sarah Huckabee Sanders
“I loved you as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid’s Tale. Mike Pence, if you haven’t seen it, you would love it.”

• “I’m never really sure what to call Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Is it Sarah Sanders, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Is it Cousin Huckabee? Is it Auntie Huckabee Sanders? Like, what’s Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women? Oh, I know, Aunt Coulter.”

• On the #MeToo movement: “It’s probably the reason I’m here. They were like ‘A woman’s probably not going to jerk off in front of anyone, right?’ And to that I say: Don’t count your chickens.”

In case you missed this vile attacks

This has become viscous and The leftist media thought this was funny? This was an obvious attempt to hurt Sarah Huckabee .

What do you guys think is this acceptable?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes.

Vile disgusting rhetoric is also free speech.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nothing about progressivism is acceptable. They are everything they claim their enemies to be but are blind to their own wickedness, steeped in self-righteousness, hate and division.

:
edit on 2018 4 29 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's the White House Correspondent's Dinner, it's supposed to be like a "roast". Besides, Sarah Huckabee Sanders deserves all the criticism and mockery she gets.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

So you wouldn't care if someone called your wife or daughter a whore? Has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with common decency. You don't treat people like that shows how little class the press has. Free speech allows you to say anything but decency should prevent you from attacking someones looks for example. Imagine how her family must have felt imagine her kids seeing their mom trashed on tv! Just because you disagree with someone politically doesntgive you the right to attack them personally.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's the White House Correspondent's Dinner, it's supposed to be like a "roast". Besides, Sarah Huckabee Sanders deserves all the criticism and mockery she gets.

So let me understand this you think its OK to attack a woman on her looks? I was raised better then that I'm betting your mom wouldn't like it either.
edit on 4/29/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You mean like Trump has? You guys forget. Remember Carly Fiorina? I guess not.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Oh, so now Trump supporters are for political correctness because it hurts their feelings?

You can’t call a fat person fat, because it’s vile and unacceptable, but you can call high school students government paid crisis actors who fake their deaths because that’s definitely respectful.

Triggered, snowflake, safe space, etc etc

Lol. What a bunch of moral crusaders we got, here.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

So you wouldn't care if someone called your wife or daughter a whore? Has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with common decency. You don't treat people like that shows how little class the press has. Free speech allows you to say anything but decency should prevent you from attacking someones looks for example. Imagine how her family must have felt imagine her kids seeing their mom trashed on tv! Just because you disagree with someone politically doesntgive you the right to attack them personally.

I think we were all aware that common decency is not that common.

We're talking about the media who are just the spokesmen for the leftists in DC.

This is what they think. If the T&C were looser on ATS, we'd see it here also.

*shrug*

I exercised my rights by choosing NOT to watch it last night.

I watched, "The Hitman's Bodyguard" instead. Funny movie with Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The real mystery to me is, why would SHS even go to this event at all?

She knew what she was walking in to.

Regardless, what a shameful display of "progressive" trash these people are....

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

You mean like Trump has? You guys forget. Remember Carly Fiorina? I guess not.

Nah that’s just “locker room talk” it’s percectly acceptable outside of the locker room because we know all men do it.

He tells it like it is.

No hypocrisy here.

As was said. It’s a roast, or is treated as such.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It was nastier than usual, from memory they usually roast you for things int he media, they don't outright compare you to pedophiles, rapists and tell people you lie.

some of it was funny, but it just shows you how low the media will go

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
The real mystery to me is, why would SHS even go to this event at all?

She knew what she was walking in to.

Regardless, what a shameful display of "progressive" trash these people are....

She works with these people they come to her to ask favors. She knew there would be jokes but you could tell she didn't think they would attack her looks and weight. You just don't do that to an honored guest. But I'll bet she passes next year!

(post by soundguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

How did Michelle Wolf attack Sarah Sanders looks, other than comparing her to Aunt Lidia on the Handmaiden's Tale? And that was more of a characterization than a remark about her looks.

She commented on her "smoky" eye shadow choice, suggesting it was made from the ashes of burnt fat and lies, because as press secretary Sarah burns fat, rather than chewing on it, and lies. So true!

She also said that Ivanka Trump was about as helpful to women as an empty box of Tampons. Also, so true!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Oh, so now Trump supporters are for political correctness because it hurts their feelings?

You can’t call a fat person fat, because it’s vile and unacceptable, but you can call high school students government paid crisis actors who fake their deaths because that’s definitely respectful.

I really expect a better argument from you man.

This is actually a rather disgusting argument. DOn't lump me, or anyone else here, into that group of disgusting lunatics. And don't use them in your whataboutism, as that just makes you look bad.

To attack someone for their looks is no different that attacking them for their race. Its not like we pick out our faces, and im sure many who feel the burden of social expectations wish they could have a mulligan in that department.

it IS disgusting behavior. It IS misogynistic. And there is no excuse for it period in anywhere other than smokey and seedy clubs with hack comedians willing to spew any hatred for a chuckle.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't hear her attack Sarah Sanders' looks.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I really expect a better argument from you man.

This is actually a rather disgusting argument. DOn't lump me, or anyone else here, into that group of disgusting lunatics. And don't use them in your whataboutism, as that just makes you look bad.

To attack someone for their looks is no different that attacking them for their race. Its not like we pick out our faces, and im sure many who feel the burden of social expectations wish they could have a mulligan in that department.

it IS disgusting behavior. It IS misogynistic. And there is no excuse for it period in anywhere other than smokey and seedy clubs with hack comedians willing to spew any hatred for a chuckle.

"Look at that face," he said, according to Rolling Stone. "Would anyone vote for that?" "Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?" he added.

Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, both inside and out. If you take a look at her, she's a slob. How does she even get on television? If I were running The View, I'd fire Rosie. I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'

I could quote countless other instances but it’s about as useful as pissing in the wind.

Your fake outrage, however, is amusing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
She needs to have her mouth washed out with a wire brush. Nasty person. No class.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Amazing how brave Michelle Wolf is in a room full of liberally biased media people as she goes on her character assassination spree. Wonder who would come out of the room if she and Sarah could deal with each other, no witnesses? I know who my money would be on.

Like any other far left liberal, all talk - no action, which is why the left will forever own the “snowflake” label; though it does appear based on this mornings threads, snowflake is their only defense against the vile conduct at the WHCD last night.
edit on 29-4-2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join