It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Speaker Ryan Forced to Quit for Revealing Trump's Plan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So everyone was shocked a few weeks ago when the speaker of the House Paul Ryan said he was quitting to spend time with his kids. I just realized that there is probably more to it than that. For those that don't know, Ryan has been a proponent of shattering safety net spending including social security and medicare. Then, right after the tax cut was passed, Ryan said it's time to plan cutting entitlements (which is what Republcians call benefits that we pay for in every paycheck) to pay for the giant tax tue. McConnell quickly tried to squash publicizing that idea by saying that he didn't think congress was interested in entitlement reform. A short time later Ryan announced he's quitting. So maybe he was told to quit because Trump doesn't want anyone to know that he does want to shred social spending until after the midterm election?? They are already going after welfare now, it's not much of a stretch to go after benefits for working people after that. Republicans hate social security and medicare, because they believe that only the wealthy deserve to have anything other than some clothing on their backs.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
"They are already going after welfare now"

by putting people to work

and this is bad?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Any proof to the theory?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think he's just tired. He's looked that way the last year and a half or so.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
CNN comes up with all kinds of Political Conspiracies don't they.

😎

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Who said anything about CNN?? I just realized this theory makes a lot of sense. The democrats alreay have momentum for the midterms, if Ryan was pushing for cutting social security the GOP would be almost eliminated in November.
edit on 29-4-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Who said anything about CNN?? I just realized this theory makes a lot of sense. The democrats alreay have momentum for the midterms, if Ryan was pushing for cutting social security the GOP would be almost eliminated in November.

Clever trick.

💡

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Republicans hate social security and medicare, because they believe that only the wealthy deserve to have anything other than some clothing on their backs.

Are those the big fat cat Republicans we're referring to now? Or are these those damn backwoods redneck Republicans? Or is it the bible beaters? Sometimes I get lost wading through liberal bullsnip...

By now I think we all should inow to take CNN's Trump theories with an entire salt mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Republicans hate social security and medicare, because they believe that only the wealthy deserve to have anything other than some clothing on their backs.

So in your estimation SS and medicare provide the luxuries in life for the working class?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't worry...your title is safe.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My old boss told me there is no "government debt" because its all the citizens money. Or something to that effect. So when they spend without full permission. Well, you get the point.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

making able body humans work = going after welfare?? Seriously.

I would rather invest my money that government forces me, at the point of gun, to pay into social security.

One side want individuals to be reconcilable, the other side, like this post points out, wants the government to take care of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You will find less than 5% (the real fringe lunatics) that would actually support slashing SS and Med. Those are paid into for a reason, and the government considering them a tax (both parties, mind you) is a tyranny.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So in your estimation SS and medicare provide the luxuries in life for the working class?

That is the retirement and medical funding for most senior citizens, no to mention if you get rid of them working people will have to pay to support their parents when they get old.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We need to privatize social security.

The government has proven itself to be completely inept at securing OUR money.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We need to privatize social security.

The government has proven itself to be completely inept at securing OUR money.

Yeah...wall st hasn't fared much better.

The only fix is reimagining the economy. With oil in use, it can't happen. But Projectvxn had a great idea presented in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not that its THE solution...just a great way to reimagine the economy.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Then we need to eliminate Social Security, and people can be responsible for their own savings and retirements.

Will look at the link. . . .

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Then we need to eliminate Social Security, and people can be responsible for their own savings and retirements.

That been going on for years. I have retirement savings through work. Many do.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Im not averse to the idea...but would rather make sure that the idiots among us are fully vested so as to not have to step over starving elderly people lying about the street.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't worry...your title is safe.

As is yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join