It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Complaining That Trump Is Being "Petty" About The $29.5 Billion Gateway Tunnel Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey ,here in California we got a very fast train we'd be willing to sell for a measly $25 billion.

Never been used

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why are we still listening to her? Why does the media give her the time of day?

Yes i voted for trump because i wasn't going to vote third party and i really didn't want her in office. My personal belief is that trump is a pompous ass who never thinks before speaking and has a weird thing against science. But he won the election. I don't remember a presidential loser who has dominated headlines like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No. I dont want to pay for more crap for those city dwellers just so they can continue deriding us rural folk.

a reply to: Nickn3

Why would I give a damn about a tunnel in New York?

Infrastructure and jobs , isn't that what Trump said was his priority and isn't that what this project will deliver ?

Well from what I have read, the wall will pay for itself and more. With the money saved, it could provide funds for infrastructure so we could have both couldn't we?

This testimony is based on a report published in February of this year by the Center for Immigration Studies. The findings of the report indicate that if a border wall stopped a small fraction of the illegal immigrants who are expected to come in the next decade, the fiscal savings from having fewer illegal immigrants in the country would be sufficient to cover the costs of the wall. This analysis takes the likely education level of illegal border-crossers and applies fiscal estimates developed by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS) for immigrants by education level. Based on the NAS data, illegal border-crossers create an average net fiscal burden (taxes paid minus services used) of approximately $74,722 during their lifetimes — excluding costs for their U.S.-born children. If a wall costing $12 to $15 billion stopped or deterred between 160,000 and 200,000 illegal crossers — only about 9 to 12 percent of those expected to successfully cross in the next decade — it would pay for itself.

***SNIP***

•This means that for each 100,000 illegal immigrants stopped or deterred by a wall, the saving to taxpayers would be nearly $7.5 billion

cis.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Gotta agree on that!

I couldn't care one jot less about a stupid tunnel in NY. I live a fair distance away from NY, and there are needs elsewhere that are much more important to me.

Guess I'm petty, too!

29.5 billion dollars could be spent elsewhere on projects that could benefit many more folks than just NY, and a small surrounding area.

Some of that money could be spent, as an example, to help repair existing bridges over both the Columbia and Snake Rivers here in the NW. Some of the interstates could use some love, too. Interstate 90 has some rather dubious sections in need of repair.

All of which could be done for what that one little tunnel is estimated, probably low balled, to cost.

Being as it's NY/NJ, how much of that money is going to be siphoned off into the pockets of corrupt contractors, and Mob bosses?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I'd completely forgotten about the ferries there. I would think that'd be an easier, maybe even cheaper, option than building a tunnel that will take years to complete--and be not enough when completed--not to mention the cost overruns that are bound to occur.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Who's Hillary Clinton and why should we care what they think?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join