It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Plans to Sue Big Oil for “Murder”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this one was missed but here it is straight from the Terminator himself. What? Arnold is taking on Monolithic Oil Companies?

At first glance one might assume somethings up right? I mean He's rubbed shoulders with the Highest of High [not that high]. Makes me wonder.

The terminator is back. And this time he has Big Oil in his sights. Ex-Californian Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has vowed to take on Big Oil “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

priceofoil.org...

The fact that oil companies knew about the dangers of climate change and denied the evidence has become known globally as the #Exxonknew scandal. The evidence of Big Oil’s culpability has been slowly amassed over the years by journalists, researchers, academics, activists and politicians. For a quick overview of Exxon’s decade’s-long climate denial campaign go here.

Schwarzenegger wants to sue the oil companies to make them accountable. He continued at the SXSW festival: “We’re going to go after them, and we’re going to be in there like an Alabama tick. If you walk into a room and you know you’re going to kill someone, it’s first degree murder; I think it’s the same thing with the oil companies,” said Schwarzenegger.

edit on 28-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is basically terminator level virtue signaling.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If they knew and hid it yup I hope he wins just like they did against the cigarette companies.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

He's part of the problem though. It wasn't until recently that his car collection was made up of nothing but gas hogs, and he was very proud of that fact. Sure now he has taken the stance of getting them all converted over to electric, but he still is part of the problem. If he really wants to make a difference he should start by looking into fossil fuel alternatives like Kevin Costner.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Quote from article...

Every gas station on it, every car should have a warning label on it, every product that has fossil fuels should have a warning label on it.”

I can see it now...

WARNING: This vehicle utilizes an energy source known to the State of California to cause climate change.

I wonder, when has the climate not changed or been changing? ever?

Strange times.

-Driver

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I agree, Costner is doing his part more than some. So either Arnie has turned a new leaf and the masters have changed hands, or Oil will become obsolete in favor of synthetic? I'm talking decades away, possibly less. Or they're planning something else we're not privy to as of yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Z32Driver

Quote from article...

Every gas station on it, every car should have a warning label on it, every product that has fossil fuels should have a warning label on it.”

I can see it now...

WARNING: This vehicle utilizes an energy source known to the State of California to cause climate change.

I wonder, when has the climate not changed or been changing? ever?

Strange times.

-Driver

There should be warnings just like GMO food. Unfortunately, Warnings can only go so far in their preventative measures. It's going to be a while before solid state measures are put in place, measures that will appease everyone, not just the few.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that some of you think this is anything more than a frivolous lawsuit. Please put me on the jury I would love to nullify this BS litigation.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
If they knew and hid it yup I hope he wins just like they did against the cigarette companies.

He has to prove he has standing to sue and he doesn't. Though he is in California so you never know what the goofball courts there will do.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We're analyzing it that's all soldier.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

What a bunch of BS, lol someone thinks they can use this ploy to regain some relevance. F@ck Arnold, it didnt stop him from buying countless cars, running AC in all is Cali villas...just stupid

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

that...and its not like he can sue an "industry" just more BS to try to sway the soft minded turds of America

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, this is pretty pathetic and frivolous. The Terminator is running on a damaged CPU it seems.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Which is exactly why we're analyzing it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

nothing against the op, take it easy...you surely didnt expect a supportive response to this?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's all cool. I'm just analyzing the responses from everyone along with the article. I'm as analytical as they come.

But seriously, I'm left wondering what's going on behind the scenes, because last time I checked, Big Oil ran half the world. So someone like Schwarzenegger taking them on, makes me wonder if it's one gang against the other. And by gang I mean Monopoly.
edit on 28-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It seems everyone has an opinion on this.

www.investors.com...

Environmentalism: Climate change expert Arnold Schwarzenegger recently declared that he will be suing oil companies for murder because use of their product is warming the planet. Here's a better idea: Thank the oil industry for contributing to unprecedented prosperity around the world.

Prosperity for all!! 'yeah ok'. But for how long

Global Warming? Nyet. I think that one is the pipe dream of a dreamer called Al Gore. You know that guy, ex Vice President/Creator of the Internet.

Your turn.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This coming from a man who owns a tank.
www.thrillist.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Cigarettes at $9.00 @ pack don't bother most people. But $9.00 @ gallon gasoline would be terrible for the economy.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nancy and Arnold go well together.
Two peas in a pod

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join