It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation/x-box or PC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I think the cryptocurrency fad is dying now so hopefully gpu prices will drop now back to normal or mrsp

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: zatara

very expensive graphics card.

That's not true. I run fallout 4 and dark souls 3 in ultra graphics using a gtx 1050 that I bought from newegg for $170.

Same card as mine. I've just gone through Farcry 3 on fully maxed video settings with no slowdown at all. I was really really shocked and impressed as I'm running it with an Intel I-3 and 4GB RAM.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It definitely is not dying.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
Hi guys, my personal computer seriously crashed and need to buy a new one. I've been looking around and if I want to play some of the newest games I will need a PC with a very expensive graphics card. Being prepared for the future this will mean a GTX 1080 card. And these cards are more expensive than buying a playstation.

So, I wonder... what should motivate me to buy a 1000 euro+ PC ..if I want to play these latest games on it. Or why not buy a cheap computer for the basic computer stuff and use the rest of the money to buy a playstation or X-Box.

While at it...what should be the better choice.. a playstation or a x-box?

Zat ~

A better computer is more useful than a # computer and a console. A console is a computer with all the basic functionality of a computer locked away.

Put it this way...would you go out and buy a cheap car that only goes up to 50 mph for your daily usage and a second #ty car for your highway driving or would you just go buy a decent car for your driving needs?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: zatara

1000 Euro? I built one with a second hand office computer and put in a GTX 1050 and a massive power supply.

Then I used parts from my old rig to beef up the RAM etc.

Cost me £350.

ETA: That price is including a 24" HD monitor. If your monitor works then you can do it cheaper.

You should start a shop.. with such creative skills refurbishingp and upgrading computers for prizes you have in mind there is money to be made... Let us not forget the 24" HD screens included.

Have a nice one..

No. I have a job I love. That PC was just a cheap knock up for me and me only and it didn't cost a thousand euro.

Anyone can do it as it's really easy...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I agree plus nowadays there's plenty of YouTube guides to help as well. It's just like a jigsaw puzzle really everything has a place that it fits.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That is surprising. I have a pentium g4560 in mine. With 8gb ram. And I thought this was as low as I could go if I wanted to play modern games.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I built my reg myself for $670. And I have had no problems playing modern games on high graphics.

Building your own is really the best choice.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

What GPU do you have?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

GTX 1050

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Derp. Sorry, bit stoned here.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Wish I was.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Haha same here hopefully later maybe

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mine will definitely struggle with the latest games. I know because I sometimes play the free ones on Steam. Some of the graphics settings are blocked because auto detect knows my sh1t can't handle it.

I'm sure your extra hardware will pay off.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

just fyi the mods don't allow us to talk about this...not in the way that we are.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Stop talking then.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I play a ton of steam games to.

Robocraft
istrolid
magic

But none of those are graphic intensive.

What do you play?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The free game I'm playing at the moment is called black squad and I can't max it.

I play Lambda wars too but it's low graphics

edit on 28-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Lambda

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I downloaded that at some point but never got round to playing it haha. Been playing world of warships since Xmas love it. The American server is the best for it I find not as toxic as the EU one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join