It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police called on Group of fiv e Black Women Golfers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I would bet they are in the rules, there are marshals there too so the pace stays up. In this case they most likely were asked to leave at some point after many warnings and they said no with most likely choice words. Like any other establishment you can refuse service and so what do you do if a person refuses to leave...you call the cops.

I think the text said they were members of the club. Do the rules of that club allow for on-the-spot revocation of membership by "a member of staff", or do they prescribe a more elaborate procedure involving, perhaps, a reference to the next meeting of the club committee? If their membership could not be revoked instantly, then they were still members and were not trespassing.
Remember, the police who turned up took the view that it was not a police matter. Evidently the complainants had not made a convincing case.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Need for golf police, in someone's eye. Who would of thought. Maybe slow golfers can be classified as terrorists. That would fix it. The Dept of Golf Security could take charge.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
P.S. It is a mistake to pick fights with women on golf courses. They might turn out to be Emma Peel.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
you know what's going to happen is that people will only hire as many black people as they have to in order to get tax breaks and do as little business as possible with black people in order to not be sued and caught up in a social media storm

friend of mine got fired recently for being racist when she has 2 black kids and is married to a black man

just want to add that I hate having this perspective but it's reality at this point, the victim olympics needs to end

edit on 28-4-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

they could skip the 3rd hole because there was no one in front of them, because of the frost that delayed their tee off time by one hour.

So they were the first group of the day? The delay means nothing and is normal, what you are suggesting is they were the first group of the day on the course. Then it even makes less sense unless they were on hole #1 for 30 mins lol.

One thing to think about..It wasn't just their tee time delayed it was everyone's so that point is moot.

edit on 28-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

so these people are racist and called the police and had paying member arrest because of their skin color in 2018?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I think the text said they were members of the club. Do the rules of that club allow for on-the-spot revocation of membership by "a member of staff", or do they prescribe a more elaborate procedure involving, perhaps, a reference to the next meeting of the club committee? If their membership could not be revoked instantly, then they were still members and were not trespassing.
Remember, the police who turned up took the view that it was not a police matter. Evidently the complainants had not made a convincing case.

First, private clubs are not cheap, and you are right, they need to be voted on. There is more to all this... It just struck me funny that we are debating upper class people's problems at a private country club...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

so these people are racist and called the police and had paying member arrest because of their skin color in 2018?

Not just paying members but paying a lot... As I said just doesn't make sense in the context that it is shown to us.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Need for golf police, in someone's eye. Who would of thought. Maybe slow golfers can be classified as terrorists. That would fix it. The Dept of Golf Security could take charge.

Well they are called Marshals and they drive around making sure people are playing correctly and if not then they can ask people to leave.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So a group of 5 women are playing a round of golf
There is a golf etiquette that only allows for groups of 4, it's also the rules
Sounds like these women thought they were above the rules of the club

Simply ban them
First world problems

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Whether it was racism or not, some kind of stupidity was involved in calling in the police to enforce the rules of a private club.

Better bigger Golf clubs have Marshals who cruise the course and look for rule infringements/destructive behavior of the course ... They might also be starters of Tee Times.... if a group is slow playing they ask them to speed up play or let the group behind go through if the course is not packed.. If the course is packed the only option is for the group to speed it up.... This marshal asked twice for them to speed it up.... We do not know how badly he was cussed out or what threats were said in the exchange..?

Thus call the cops for no one wants to deal with 5 pissed off foul mouth black women who are screaming raciest because they are playing to slow and screwing over everyone else who paid to play.. Cops were called so IMO there is more to this story than just 5 nice ladies playing golf to slow..

Clubs are like any organization....yes you pay your money for a membership but you are still a guest... Play by the rules or get to heck off the course..

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yep, what xtrozero said on page 3.....a 5 some.......no

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Yep, what xtrozero said on page 3.....a 5 some.......no

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone noticed that.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Metallicus

Sound like slow golfers who happened to be black...

Sounds like harassment of black women golfers...

I mean if that is the kind of stuff you look for, but not all of us see everything as racial. Sometimes someone just happens to be black like what happened at Starbucks and it gets blown out of proportion by liberals looking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well no the official story is that the police were called because they were playing too slow, which is BS of course, but apparently that's what we're going with.

911 What's your emergency?

"Come quick! There are five black women on our golf course playing too slow!"

Sir if you can, find a safe place to hide. Help is on the way.

People are stupid I swear.

edit on 28-4-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Take race out of this. If it was 5 Chinese women or five gay white chicks this would not even be news. Seriously.

I have played golf since I was 8 and slow golfers happen. So you slam a beer while waiting..LOL...there is I am sure much more and for them to threaten to revoke I would give 5 to 1 these women were already on the radar.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Whether it was racism or not, some kind of stupidity was involved in calling in the police to enforce the rules of a private club.

Better bigger Golf clubs have Marshals who cruise the course and look for rule infringements/destructive behavior of the course ... They might also be starters of Tee Times.... if a group is slow playing they ask them to speed up play or let the group behind go through if the course is not packed.. If the course is packed the only option is for the group to speed it up.... This marshal asked twice for them to speed it up.... We do not know how badly he was cussed out or what threats were said in the exchange..?

Thus call the cops for no one wants to deal with 5 pissed off foul mouth black women who are screaming raciest because they are playing to slow and screwing over everyone else who paid to play.. Cops were called so IMO there is more to this story than just 5 nice ladies playing golf to slow..

Clubs are like any organization....yes you pay your money for a membership but you are still a guest... Play by the rules or get to heck off the course..

Yep, Marshall should have split them up. 3 and a 2.

I was Exec Chef at Wollaston Golf Club, MA.

Slow golf is not a thing, play through, unless they didn't want to agree to it.

You can be loud and obnoxious and suffer the consequences.

Get trashed at the 19th and see what happens.

As people say, doesn't matter if you are a member, doesn't give you carte blanche to be an asshole.

There is etiquette and rules that's why you pay so much.

Calling the cops was not a good move, IMO.

House committee will deal with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok, some things

@1:25 the guy declared they came off the green @12:45 and the confrontation was @1:28.
The women were the first group so they made everyone on the course wait for "their break"

The golfers on the tee were obviously already done with the last hole, got their food and drink and were waiting long enough to receive an apology for the e wait. Add to that all the editing by removing audio at key statements.
One of the women asked how long the guy had owned the golf course like they had done homework for this event.

With nobody in front of them they had no wait for food and drink and go potty.
15 minutes is more than enough. They intentionally created the controversy obviously. They should not have been allowed to play on after this. If they were familiar with golf then they knew the 9th hole is not a break in play and time for a beer at the bar.

They were there to set these white owners up. They did research.
Also, there is no way they allowed a fivesome to schedule. These ladies showed up and forced the clubs hand. Allowing them to play a fivesome as the first foursome out is unheard of. The management would never have allowed a mens fivesome as first out as everyone would scream bloody murder behind them.

These women played the women and race card to pull it off. They should have never been let out first as a fivesome especially after a delay

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The crime is that they played 5 in a group.

Especially if it was on a weekend.

4 max, people!!! Keep it moving!!!

Unfortunately, women are allowed to golf - sigh...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No, I'm saying that there was at least an hour gap between groups, because the ladies tee off was delayed by one hour, because of frost. There was a group ahead of the ladies and a group behind the ladies, but they never caught up with the ladies and never complained about their pace.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join