It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police called on Group of fiv e Black Women Golfers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sound like the group of five instead of four was why the tee time was postponed an hour.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

“They were not rushing,” she said. “They were out, just like we were, out having a good day. They were leisurely.”
Both Ms. Thompson and Ms. Ojo said that the group behind them had not complained. In fact, Ms. Thompson added, one of the men from that group “came to us and told us how outraged he was at our treatment.”

Well her words...but it seems funny she just talked about the one group behind them and not how much space was in front of them as the pack pulled farther away. If they were keeping up with those in front nothing would be said, if the marshal sees a hole or more of space between groups then they need to speed up.

One thing that is never mention in these stories is the dialog between the group and how maybe the women were not the nice in that dialog.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ah. Missed that.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Well yeah because those guys were decent people. But just having police called on you can be humiliating and have social consequences. Even when the police do everything right (which is more often than they're given credit for), it still sucks for innocent people getting harassed by the people who called them in the first place.

I don't know...maybe they were asked to leave and they refused while become belligerent. Typically people do not call the cops unless the situation gets out of hand to where they can no longer handle it. If you are in a restaurant and they ask you to leave based on your behavior and you say no, what do you think they will do next?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The women should have been at home giving birth or baking something.

.. and making sammiches.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Meniscus

Their day started out with a hiccup: Frost on the course delayed their tee time by an hour, Ms. Thompson said, so they weren’t able to start playing until 11 a.m. Though a foursome is the norm, the club permitted a group of five, she said

It was frost that delayed their tee off.

Then,

Then, as they teed off on the second hole, she explained, they were approached by a former county commissioner who, according to The York Daily Record, serves in an advisory role for the golf course. He asked them twice to leave and threatened to cancel their memberships over their pace of play, she said.

The second hole! Sounds like this guy had a "thing" for these women! Then, they skipped the third hole altogether! The guys behind them never caught up with the women, and never complained about their pace.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If the group of 5 was the problem, then the guys should have said that, instead of complaining about their pace, which was not slow according to the women and the men playing behind them.

2 hours for 9 holes is slow...How about the other groups? When it is busy it is not about the group behind you, it is about staying up with the group in front of you. For them to have the front groups get far ahead and then take a long extended break after 9 there is more to this story than what we are being told. I would bet the Marshal talked to them on their break and there was some choice words from the ladies to get the ball going.

edit on 28-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't know...maybe they were asked to leave and they refused while become belligerent.

Why were they asked to leave in the first place, twice, while teeing off at the second hole? I might get belligerent too if I thought I was being singled out for being black and/or female.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Since their tee time was delayed by 1 hour because of frost, I doubt that there was anyone in front of them, and the player behind the ladies said they never caught up with them and never complained about their pace.

And, according to golfers posting in this thread, 2 hours is just right for 9 holes.

edit on 28-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The second hole! Sounds like this guy had a "thing" for these women! Then, they skipped the third hole altogether! The guys behind them never caught up with the women, and never complained about their pace.

No clue...that doesn't even make sense. Doesn't make sense anyone would say anything on the second hole, and if the course is busy they can't just skip a hole... Something just does not ring true here in I'm getting a feeling the confrontation started long before the first hole.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
From a purely business perspective there is an expectation of turnover rate. Like tables in a restaurant, each needs to make a certain number of sales per hour/day/week, whatever. With golf tee times are usually set apart by 15 minutes. If one team is moving too slowly the teams behind them are forced to wait which can back up all the way to the first tee. They should let faster players play through but that is still slower than typical play. Its not so much the inconvenience on the course as it is forcing several other players, some of which could be the big dollar members, to wait longer than they should have to. Like any business, if you have a choice between one slow party and several teams of big dollar members getting upset, you push the slower party through or you remove them. Of course this will be made into a race issue but in reality it could just be a business decision, race notwithstanding.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

they could skip the 3rd hole because there was no one in front of them, because of the frost that delayed their tee off time by one hour.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well now....thats interesting.

This aint your run o the mill story now, is it?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Calling the police, are you kidding me? Sounds like some white club members didn't like the idea of seeing black women on their golf course.

That sh!t's getting so old.

I'd bet my left testicle that they were there to cause a scene just like the 2 guys in Starbucks.

They probably went even slower when they realized they were pissing people off.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, and that's not all:

Pennsylvania Golf Club Ejects Black Women, Including NAACP's Sandra Thompson, for 'Playing Slowly'

www.newsweek.com...

Definitely the wrong group of women to mess with! LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sound like slow golfers who happened to be black so a big issue is being made over nothing as usual. I don’t think this is a big deal unless it gets manufactured into one.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sound like slow golfers who happened to be black...

Sounds like harassment of black women golfers...

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Since their tee time was delayed by 1 hour because of frost, I doubt that there was anyone in front of them, and the player behind the ladies said they never caught up with them and never complained about their pace.

And, according to golfers posting in this thread, 2 hours is just right for 9 holes.

Frost at 10 am? I've known golfers that will play in snow. Not sure what to make of this story. Frost at that time seems odd to me. Seems the people working there would have been aware of that and made allowances for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Have you ever experienced a group of unruly black women?

I must admit that I haven't. Sheltered life. However it seems that the police who turned up took the same view, that their conduct wasn't a police issue.
The rule-book of the club probably describes a procedure for dealing with people who break the rules, and that should have been followed instead.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: WUNK22
Have you ever experienced a group of unruly black women?

I must admit that I haven't. Sheltered life. However it seems that the police who turned up took the same view, that their conduct wasn't a police issue.
The rule-book of the club probably describes a procedure for dealing with people who break the rules, and that should have been followed instead.

This is the part of the story that I don't understand. Why were the police called? If they were unruly, they certainly calmed down by the time to police arrived. In my limited experience, that doesn't usually happen. People tend to escalate. Something is missing here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join