It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police called on Group of fiv e Black Women Golfers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
See Something Say Something

😃

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why are these golfers identified as "black" and as "women"? To blow this golf club versus gold club member dispute out of all reasonable proportion of course. Why are the course officials referred to as "White" and "men"? For the same reason...

As a member, I am sure that a golfer has to sign an agreement stating that they will abide by club rules, including rules related to speed of play (and letting faster golfers play through). I seriously doubt that the Club's rules provide for racial or gender differences for rate of play.

If you are a female of colour, or a male of paler complexion, the rules are the rules. If you refuse to follow the rules then, for the benefit of all other members who are trying to play, you can be asked to leave the course - and likely have your memberhsip reviewed or revoked.

If a person is being unfairly treated because of their gender or race, that is wrong. If a person if given special exemptions from the rules because of their gender or race, also wrong. To cry "racism" in order to get special exemptions or treatment, or to try to intimidate people...wrong too.

edit on 28-4-2018 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Looks like no one here bothered to read the article.

Their day started out with a hiccup: Frost on the course delayed their tee time by an hour, Ms. Thompson said, so they weren’t able to start playing until 11 a.m.

Ms. Thompson said that the group had completed nine holes in two hours. Not only were they playing on pace, the sole group playing behind them had also not been impeded, she said. That group can be seen on the video, taking a break before teeing off.
“They were not rushing,” she said. “They were out, just like we were, out having a good day. They were leisurely.”
Both Ms. Thompson and Ms. Ojo said that the group behind them had not complained. In fact, Ms. Thompson added, one of the men from that group “came to us and told us how outraged he was at our treatment.”

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I golf and I'm terrible. Pick the last hours of the day or you will slow people down. It's bad etiquette for sure.

It's like going to 7-11 and trying to pay for gas with 40 dollars in pennies. You will not be liked.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If they were giving away cosmetics at every hole, the women would have finished 18 holes in 6 minutes.

Problem. . . SOLVED!

me imagines 5 clones of Oprah at the golf course:

You get mascara. You get mascara. You get lip gloss #12, and YOU You get a new mascara!!

the 5'th one just standing there smiling with the golf club.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Not saying I'm misogynistic...but I single caddied for a woman that scored a 24 on the first hole.

Was it the windmill or the clown?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

They probably weren't terrible.

From the OP's linked article.

They all belong to a golfing club, Sisters in the Fairway, and have played at courses “all over the world,” Ms. Ojo said, so they knew how to keep pace. Even so, the women said, they skipped the third hole after Steve Chronister approached them.

And,

“Many of us were having great drive days. We were slamming that ball,” she said on Tuesday. “So when they were trying to say ‘too slow of a pace,’ that was just false.”

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
sounds like a storm in a teacup. i don't get golf. i'm with whoever supposedly said it's 'a waste of a good walk', or words to that effect. loved it in GTA5 though

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Yeah, you definitely didn't read, neither did those who gave you those stars for not reading.

Just be glad the real America is slowly showing it's face in the past few months... I'm sick of the think veiled racism behind the guise of equality we preach. Police beatings, provocations, police calls etc...

And there's no white privilege... ffs.

Let's make light of a serious issue... Because some don't have to explain things like that to their children.

edit on 28-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am a white guy and a golf coarse would call the cops on me, because I would be on a ATV

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I flipped a golf cart drunk and naked on a golf course one time.

My advice to the women: run. There’s a lot of space on most golf courses to hide from the po-po and if I can escape drunk, you can do it sober.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I came in expecting to see some kind of racism at play but oddly enough, as with a lot of these claims, it appears to be something else totally.

They're accused of holding up the players behind them.

It's insinuated that it's racism. The hook of the story is "5 black women get booted off of a golf course by white people". So right there, someone instantly assumes racism. Even the video posted was biased because the person that made the video pretty much claims "Crime for being black" and even says... "You guys dont see what we see every day...".

Maybe I'm missing something because I seem to be seeing something way different than him EVERY DAY!

If you watch the video, you see the following:

- 5 Black women playing golf
- Accused of being too slow
- Assumes racism a factor
- Asked to leave

I also saw the following:

- White guy restrains another and says "Don't get involved - they do this for a living". (Youtube?)
- Some of the men don't want anything to do with the confrontation because they know it's pointless
- One guy says screw that... I'm going to voice my opinion. So he's definitely the racist!

Did anyone else catch the part where the women admitted...?

"We stopped and took a beer break".

So duh! They were doing exactly as they were accused... Taking too long between holes. Obviously holding up the people behind them so they could take a beer break. WTF Why is this here? Why are we arguing this? It's painfully obvious what this really is. I don't' want to say it cause I'll be labeled racist... lol Like I care. I wont kid myself, we all know what this really is.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Is there something preventing the group behind them from playing through while the ladies took a beer break? Doesn't the golf club encourage their players to buy and consume food and beverages from their F&B outlets? The guys behind them sure took advantage of the F&B amenities there.

And:

One of those golfers, Damen Carter-Mann, told The Daily Record on Wednesday that the women kept up the pace the entire game. “Not one time,” he said, “did we catch up with those ladies.” He described them as nice and professional.

edit on 28-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They broke golf laws and got the real law called? Lol, talk about entitlement culture.

Don't golfers have a custom of playing through other games that are slower? So what's the big deal? Now I'm afraid to try golfing because I know my slow ass will be jailed now.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I flipped a golf cart drunk and naked on a golf course one time.

My advice to the women: run. There’s a lot of space on most golf courses to hide from the po-po and if I can escape drunk, you can do it sober.

You should write a book. "Golfing While Black: A How-to Guide From Drunk White Males Who Ran"

I'd promote the hell out of it for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
just to explain the rules and ediquite, you should finish a round of 18 holes in 4.5 hours or less. If there are faster players behind you, you should allow them to pass you. If there is nothing holding you up in front, then playing slow is something the course rangers can complain about. In the article, it stated they played 9 holes in 2 hours. that is well on pace and unless they just were #ty to the group behind them, they should not have been bothered at all.

Golf is a challenging game and once some idiot gets in your head, you may as well just go home, because you won't be thinking of anything you need to be focusing on, and your game will likely suffer. Life is too short to spend it with stupid folks. If the course treated them badly, I'd suggest they cancel their membership and be sure to let others know how poorly they were treated. Word of mouth advertising at the local level is paramount, be it good or bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I agree with that. That its a Club issue and rules issue.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The women should have let the other guys play through if they were taming there time. Thus is assuming the ladies asked them to play through..

I have been on both ends both being asked to play through and playing through another 4 some. This may not have anything to do with them being black but merely going slow. It's very frustrating for some waiting for a slow foursome move it

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Now I'm afraid to try golfing because I know my slow ass will be jailed now.

To be fair, when Johnny Law got there he looked around, said "this ain't my problem" and left.

No jailing necessary.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have you ever experienced a group of unruly black women? Can be quite an entitled group always ready to scream racism! Good call on management a reply to: DISRAELI

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join