It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police called on Group of fiv e Black Women Golfers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I dont know if this story has already been posted. Apologize if it has been. I was notified of this story a couple of days ago so it might be old news to some.

So a group of five black women were trying to golf at a golf club that they are apparently memebers of, wehn they were appraoched by a staff person their at the club. The staff person said that they were golfing to slowly. And he eventually asked them on two occasions to leave and warns he might cancel their memebership. Later on the group went on a break and were coming back from break to start up the game and were apporached by staff that said they took to long on thier break and they called the police. When offciers arrived they determined it was not a police issue.

My thoughts: Me not knowing alot about golf I am not sure if the golf club has a point? One of the tings I do know about golf is that it is one of the slowest sports. ( I still have a problem with calling it a sport) But What i didnt hear from this is that there wasnt an attempt by staff to see if they could make a compormise with their pace.

I would like to hear from others about this. Is pace a problem with some groups while golfing? Does one groups pace effect another group who is trying to play? Or is the golf Club completely in the wrong and suffer from a racial issue??

black-women-golfers

edit on 28-4-2018 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2018 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I play slow and have dealt with the passive aggressive jerks who get all huffy. Not many will say somethimg to me because i look like someone who is kinda scary.

I will always let folks play through though. No need for my preference of pace to dictate their pace.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What’s with all the black people getting the cops called on them lately?

Seems like there’s a new story about it every other day.
Sometimes justified some times not.
It’s a weird trend I’m noticing and my paranoid mind tells me it’s not all exactly “organic”...

But who knows?
Seems like they’ll use anything to try and prove to us that we are hopelessly divided.

As far as slow golfing... I suck at golf and piss off everyone within 100 yards of me... never had the cops called.

edit on 28-4-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It was a correct move to call the police.

Golf is a mans sport and not something that can be done well by the "fairer sex". The women should have been at home giving birth or baking something.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ah, yes. Fair point.

Shouldnt they at least have gone to play tennis with the othwr wimmenfolk?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Ah, yes. Fair point.

Shouldnt they at least have gone to play tennis with the othwr wimmenfolk?

Or sewing.

They could have gone shopping for shoes and purses also.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Golf is so weird. Give a person a ball and ask them to hit it as hard and as far away as they can with a choice of at least ten different custom-made pieces of metal. Clubs. Then ask them to try and find that ball again. Then, when they finally get it into that hole, they have to do it another 17 times.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It would be a golf rules issue, not a police issue.
If the rules of the club forbid playing too slowly, the penalty for doing so would be included in the rules.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If the course was as racist as they claim, they would have never given them a membership in the first place. I don’t think it had anything to do with them being black.

It had to do with them being rude.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Try treating people like people instead of in groups.

That's probably why the post doesn't say the word "slow" in the title

What's more relistic

People saw 5 black women golfing at a private club (where you know at least one person has to be a member) and called the police

5 people not following the rules, get called out on it, and instead of saying, my bad, we will speed up. they blame misogynistic racism and continued to not follow the rules??

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No golfers on the holes behind them can advance until the golfers in front of them move on to the next hole. If you have a group taking a long time on every hole it just backs up everyone behind them. Same as in putt putt golf. Your group can't move forward until the group in front of you moves on. They also have tee times for groups to start. People are leaving work to make these tee times. If people are showing up for their tee time and have a line in front of them. It kinda defeats the point.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Instead of Fore! I think you should yell pull, then hit the ball while in the air with a 12 gauge. It's not sportsman like to shoot it on the ground.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Whether it was racism or not, some kind of stupidity was involved in calling in the police to enforce the rules of a private club.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm not a golfer, tried it and was bored with it. I do know during the time I was getting a feel for it, you can let the golfers behind you proceed to the next hole before you if you notice you're holding up their play. Maybe the staff should of just asked these women to let the golfers behind them proceed in front of them to the next hole?

Calling the police, are you kidding me? Sounds like some white club members didn't like the idea of seeing black women on their golf course.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The only way they could justify calling the cops is because they asked them to leave and they refused. Im sure the fact they were members of the club was why the cops didn't do anything. They paid for a membership and have a right to be there.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
the boy who cired wolf come to mind

I've become indifferent to calls for racism and I'm tired of dealing with racist black people with chips on their shoulder all the time where I live

It get's old after a while especially when you have to deal with it every single day

the other day a bike was left in the road by a kid and we didn't see it in our truck pulling out for work and accidentally ran it over. so me and my brother got out and figured out who's bike it was because it was a little kids and we felt bad so we wen't up to a group of little kids playing around and asked who's it was and if we could meet their mom or dad so we could offer to replace it for them and the mom was wearing a hijab and wouldn't even talk to us, closed the door in our face so we just left the bike sitting on the porch

guess I wasn't the right skin color to replace her daughters bike for her
edit on 28-4-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If they were giving away cosmetics at every hole, the women would have finished 18 holes in 6 minutes.

Problem. . . SOLVED!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If they were giving away cosmetics at every hole, the women would have finished 18 holes in 6 minutes.

Problem. . . SOLVED!

in jest that's actually really funny but also might work with the price of cosmetics these days lol

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm guessing there is a whole lot more to this story than just five women golfing slowly.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not saying I'm misogynistic...but I single caddied for a woman that scored a 24 on the first hole.
edit on 28-4-2018 by Erno86 because: added a word

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join