It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten Arrest If Citizens Speak Out Against the State-Sanctioned Death of Baby Alfie Evans

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
He was going to the Vatican maybe they were hoping for divine intervention who the hell wasnt praying for him?

Miracles happen all the time..

But only at the Vatican hospital.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I hope that those in the US who are pushing for a "free" US national health care system are paying close attention to this situation.
This is what happens when the government controls your health care.

This is what a “Death Panel” looks like....

I see.

So why did this “death panel” keep him alive for 18 months?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

He was going to the Vatican maybe they were hoping for divine intervention who the hell wasnt praying for him?

Miracles happen all the time..

But only at the Vatican hospital.

Hey I am the most unreligious guy in the world but if all the hope I have left is divine intervention then I want to be at the Vatican..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The child's condition was irreversible and untreatable the Italian doctors and the Britsh doctors agree on that.

Whats the point of forcibly keeping someone breathing like that? To me that is pure an simple cruelty.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I hope that those in the US who are pushing for a "free" US national health care system are paying close attention to this situation.
This is what happens when the government controls your health care.

This is what a “Death Panel” looks like....

I see.

A death panel is when the state has the ultimate authority to say when you die.They decided to stop treatment on Alfie and refused to allow his parents to choose.That is a death panel.

edit on 28-4-2018 by buckwhizzle because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2018 by buckwhizzle because: Damnit!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: andy06shake

Our Doctors and system gave up.
Their Doctors at least wanted to try, and that was the parents wish.

Our Doctors didn't give up, the child had a terminal illness, he was going to die, it was an unavoidable and inevitable outcome.

What exactly do you think the Italian doctors were going to try?

Does it matter?

They unhooked him.

Why not let him go? What was the reason to keep him?

He could have gone home to pass away.

I'm sure a doc, nurse or priest would have volunteered to stay until the end, if needed.

I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

So you think the parents should have a 100% say in their kids treatment?.
In that they decide not the doctors.
edit on 28-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

So the state has the 100% say in when you die?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There is also no way of knowing he wasnt in a state of pure bliss..

That's true, but what would you do in a case like this, would you prefer to let him live based on the possibility of him being in a state of poor bliss or would you think it could be in a state of permanent pain and stop life support and let him die?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Answer the question please I have a point to this.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The hospital is not in the Vatican, close but outside the Vatican.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

There is also no way of knowing he wasnt in a state of pure bliss..

That's true, but what would you do in a case like this, would you prefer to let him live based on the possibility of him being in a state of poor bliss or would you think it could be in a state of permanent pain and stop life support and let him die?

Whatever his parents wanted.. That is the point

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: notsure1

The hospital is not in the Vatican, close but outside the Vatican.

semantics again..
its the Vatican hospital..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Also not the state as others have said.
So you would be fine with Jehovah's witnesses to refuse blood transfusions for their dying kid?.
Because even in the USA courts have gone against the wishes of the parents and have given those transfusions.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

In that they decide not the doctors.

When they pulled the plug they gave up responsibility and gave it back to the parents.

Or that's the way it should work.

Medical ethics, I wonder what the board says about this case.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I see.

is whataboutism all you know?

"their killing him" "what about those 18 months!"
"they wont feed him despite court mandate" "what about the months they did feed him"
"other hospitals like the vaticans have experimental treatment that might help" "what about their pedophilia"

all you know is how to shoot down any positive effort in favor of negative effort with the excuse of other unrelated efforts.

you're sick. pathetic, that you would advocate in favor of letting an infant die, for no purpose then to defend the state. disgusting.

there is no argument here, the parents wanted to try and help the child other hospitals did as well, the hospital he's in kept him as a prisoner, stopped feeding him illegally, and let him die, the two sides to this argument are apparent, one is very sick, the other values life, you put yourself on the wrong side in this thread.

im gonna give you a heads up here,
when you die, your soul will see and feel every perspective of every action you've taken, any good or harm you've ever caused others you will get to feel what they felt, more thoroughly then if you had lived it in their body. the character (or lack of) you have demonstrated in so many threads makes clear you're gonna have a hard time at this review. its not to late to improve that experience, fill the rest of your life with selfless acts,

i dont expect you'll believe or even listen to any of that, not for a second. at least i tried.

edit on 28-4-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Another OP who doesn't know the diffrence between the gorvnment and Law!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

semantics again..
its the Vatican hospital..

It's owned by the Vatican but its name is Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesú (Baby Jesus Paediatric Hospital).

And yes, it may be a question of semantics, but semantics are important to help people understand what we mean, instead of just hoping other people are able to decipher what we are thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
there is no argument here, the parents wanted to try and help the child other hospitals did as well, the hospital he's in kept him as a prisoner, stopped feeding him illegally, and let him die, the two sides to this argument are apparent, one is very sick, the other values life, you put yourself on the wrong side in this thread.

No hospital offered more than the British hospital was already doing, the Italian doctors agreed with the diagnosis.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
While the child was on life support for a year and a half with no hope of getting better some four million plus children died due to malnutrition.

All the hate an blather over the perceived injustice in one case and the other 4 million plus is just a statistic.

Nothing could be done to salvage Alfie's life the other 4 million some food would have done wonders.

As usual internet priorities seem a bit fooked.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join