It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell, No. 16: scientists left 'miserable' after world's oldest spider dies aged 43

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Whoa! 43? That's gonna be one hell of a Thunder Storm.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

The arachnid is believed to have survived for so long by sticking to one protected burrow its entire life and expending the minimum of energy.

That's a spider after my own heart. I think I'll try that and see how long I last.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

a reply to: network dude

Ha! Yeah I know... I am betting everyone had a second thought on that point!

I am at the the age where I am trying to stick to my vow of never moving again.
And want to retire right where I am at. So this same thought certainly went through my mind Ha!

Unfortunately, I don't think human longevity quite works out as simple or is as easily accomplished like in this spiders case.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I feel for spiders family, they were always my favorite spider so I feel a real connection. Thoughts and prayers spider, Ill see you in spider heaven some day.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That is amazing! Oh and...thank you for not providing a picture. Spiders freak me out. lol

Bwahahahaha

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
And now, you hear the silent embarrassment of every person in the world who keeps arachnids as a hobby and had the same species in their collections and used to boast about how theirs lived to 10 years or 15 ...

Oops, ours actually died prematurely. Guess we didn't take as good a care of them as we thought ...

Common in the fish hobby where people will brag about how long their goldfish lived until they realize they can live for decades when cared for properly.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No. 16 was MURDERED!

Assassinated, rubbed out, Knocked off. This is terrible.

Source

The world’s oldest spider has died at the age of 43 after being subdued by a parasitic wasp in the Australian outback, according to the Independent.

What did he know? Who benefits?!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

She was probably bitten by a radioactive Aussie.

Solid gold, sir...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

a reply to: watchitburn

Dear watchitburn; excellent follow up article on poor ol #16!!!

AHA! A bloody WASP hit... ought to be a lesson hidden in there somewhere.

Never trust A "White Anglo Saxon Parasite"... W.A.S.P. ?? Don't let them in your front trapdoor, ever.??

They should inform the Arachnid Public via the world wide "web" of such Parasitic Predators!
If the government would have been doing it's job, this tragedy would have never happened!

Charges against the scientist are under investigation by the Federal Police. Police are asking if anyone saw this crime take place, to please call in.

IT is alleged that since the scientist was a close acquaintance to the victim for 43 years, she surely saw a threat to this spider over that 43 years and did absolutely NOTHING to prevent it happening.

Lord have mercy on her uncaring soul.

Pravdaseeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join