It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrax's Comic Avatars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Im a big fan of your designs, so I'd thought make my own captain america, ya like?
www.geocities.com...

EDIT: The image is too big to be shown. In any event, in the future, simply link it.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Very nice XX_Mouse_XX

I've always liked Captain America's costume design, and his shield is so symbolic.
Last Halloween I seen these Captain America costumes for sale. The totally did Cap no justice. They were very cheesy

I really wish that Marvel would work on getting out a good solid Captain America movie, I don't know why they haven't. The character is about 65 years old and is still one of the most popular super heroes.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

SuperGirl.

This was a cover done by Michael Turner who also did the art for the Flash avatar I put up earlier.
I cleaned up the figure and put in onto a photo of some clouds.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Black Panther.

Truly one of my favorite costume designes.

this one is my favorite so far dude!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Omniscient has claimed the Batman avatar.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wonder Woman.

This was a cover from the Identity Crisis series.
Again the artist is Mike Turner. Must be nice to have a fat contract with DC.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow Umbrax..you are so good at these. I would love to see more of jean gray.

I would like to request a Shanna the She Devil one....

Do you do any that are not famous characters, such as regular pics but modified to look cool? If so, I would love to see some. Perhaps some fairies?

If its too much for you to do, I will understand.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would have to agree, that Black Panther avatar is simply awesome, Umbrax.
Well done.

seekerof

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the complements you guys

Shanna for Scarab.
I had to double check the Avatar and Signature Guidelines to be sure I could do a Shanna avatar.

This is a cleaned up cover of Shanna: The She Devil. It is done by the amazing Frank Cho. I pasted it onto a photo of a Jungle. Gave it a frame and stamped the DENYHATE on it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
These really are great, Umbrax. It's good to see you pulling up the lesser-known characters and putting them in the spotlight. Please keep up the good work, because I am looking forward to see what you come up with next.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thanks Spectre.
Just wait until I dig up all the Indy comic and even lesser known stuff
. Marvel and DC are the big players but they aren't the only guys in the biz. The majority of the stuff I've done has been from Marvel and I really have to make the effort in doing non-Marvel characters for avatars.
I've always been a "Marvel-Zombie". So its hard for me not to be inspired to do Marvel characters.
I love the great job that JAK did on the Spectre avatar. I've always loved the costume design

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here are a couple Spiderman avatars. The original art was painted by the briliant Alex Ross for the Spiderman2 movie.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
how come you UMBRAX, JAK and UK Wizard dont form some kind of Web comapny ??? you guys are very talented and could make some money out of it..(thats it if your not already )

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
how come you UMBRAX, JAK and UK Wizard dont form some kind of Web comapny ??? you guys are very talented and could make some money out of it..(thats it if your not already )

I'm honoured, I'm not really that good, well not as good as UMBRAX and JAK, I'm honoured my work is held in the same level as theirs

[edit on 8-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm honoured, I'm not really that good, well not as good as UMBRAX and JAK, I'm honoured my work is held in the same level as theirs

my opinion the 3 of you are all good, and you have 3 diff styles so there are many more "clients" to please...lol

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
how come you UMBRAX, JAK and UK Wizard don't form some kind of Web comapny ??? you guys are very talented and could make some money out of it..(thats it if your not already )

Wow! I wish I could make money doing this stuff. I'm just having fun
. I am actually a stay at home Dad and, I used to be in resturaunt management.

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Are you kidding me? UK Wizard you kick ass! If I had to compair my work with there rest of the artists on ATS I would be kicking my self and probably of given up along time ago. I realy envy you guys, I wish I had photoshop7 so I could produce avatars on the same level. There is so much tallent on this site it's crazy, and this isn't even a 'art' site.

Heh, thanks for the ego boost you guys

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Batman2

Another painting from Alex Ross. If you are not familiar with his work you should defiantly look him up on the web.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the spider man movie stills are hard as hell. I dont know how you did it, but the catch with Peter Parker walking away from Mary Jane, and the cemetary, is golden dog. I love it

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks XX_Mouse_XX, the paintings were posted on Alex Ross' web site. I didn't have to do any screen captures or anything.

Usagi Yojimbo.

This is Stan Sakai's creator owned character. The comic is published by Dark Horse.

For this avatar I cleaned up the character and made a transparent frame for it. I like how it turned out.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Joker.

Yet another Alex Ross painting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join