It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru child sacrifice discovery may be largest in history

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yum yum, chop them up.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Some old testament stuff.

Different god same sh!t.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As cruel as it may all seem to us, there could be a very logical reasoning behind these“sacrifices”. For instance, in times of famine. Culling the tribe may have ensured survival of the core.

If it was indeed a mass “sacrifice”, I would certainly not want to witness such an event. I already have a hard time banning the thought from my minds eye. No matter the reason, or the amount of tender loving care and sedation these children might have recieved, it would have been a horrific sight to behold.

All it shows (me), is what believe in creators or supreme beings and religion does for/to people. Declare yourself a right hand of said deity, and you have carte blanche to do whatever you like to his subjects.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Hopefully they where drugged with coca or alcohol at the time. Read something recently about a young sacrifice victim found in such a way that had kept her remains in near perfect condition, tests(on her hair) found that for her final year she had been fed very well and given large amounts of coca. Then for the month before her death she was given plenty of alcohol to keep her docile and I'm hoping unconscious at the time of her horrible end.

I think the people doing that must have been using much more !

Their snake idols exacted a heavy toll ,
carried forward from darker times .

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Mans brutality is unmatched in the universe.

Right, and you know this from all the other inhabited planets you visited and the civilisations you've discussed cultural and historical evolution with.

#ATSFTW

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It was the Europeans that brought violence to the Americas.
All tribes live in perfect peace before colonialism.
Yup.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes even as I have only visited one. And unlike you I dont know of any others. Please tell me about these inhabited planets?
edit on Ram42818v42201800000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I've never been to them and have no idea if they exist -- so I would not 'assume' to say we are the most brutal in the universe as no human has that knowledge. Well, except you it seems. My post was a continuation from your assertive post that, within the "universe", man's brutality is unmatched.

Had you said on Earth, I wouldn't have questioned.

But as you said, the "universe" -- that's a pretty big statement. And also wrong as you have no evidence to say it's true. I'd never said we're the most brutal in the universe. On Earth, sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Believe it or not chief I gave the difference
some forethought. And now that you've
confirmed niether one of us knows about
other planets. And knowing there is no other intelligent life in our system? I can't even
believe you called me on such a trivial matter
I'm perfectly comfy with universe because the evidence says we're the only ones in it. Until
that changes...rest your neck.

edit on Ram42818v02201800000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And knowing there is no other intelligent life in our system? I can't even believe you called me on such a trivial matter

Who said there is no other intelligent life in our system? I didn't say. I called you out on implying that we, humans, mankind - are the most brutal in 'the universe' which I disagree with as you haven't, nor have, the means to make such a measurement.

But then, you do believe in 'things' in the absence of evidence, right? So why not.

And... rest my neck? Why, what's wrong with it? What does that even mean?
edit on 28-4-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I personally have (and believe) many theories on why, but the tin-foil on my head always leads me to the most wildest of places, so... I think I'll just leave it at that.

If you read the article (not sure if it was that one or another one), the sacrifices seemed to be related to the decline of the fisheries that sustained them... caused by a pattern of El Nino/La Ninas.

It's believed they were sacrificing adults before this, and that for this event they pulled in children from every area of their empires. The children were probably drugged (my suspicion, since this was common for other child sacrifices.) There were 2-3 adults nearby who had been clubbed to death. One of the researchers said that this might possibly be the priests who did the sacrificing.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yikes. Do they say the age range of the children? They look on the older side, although I don't know what 550 year-old decomposed children look like so I'm not sure what my reaction is based on.

Between 8 and 12 (some variation on the range.) You're quite right that those aren't infants or toddlers. They don't have the full set of adult teeth, but they have lost most or all of their "baby teeth."

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Some old testament stuff.

Different god same sh!t.

See that whole world you view from? With
all those like minded big brain pals in
agreement? You have to trivialize even
a sacrificial slaughter of innocense to
this magnitude. Tho the scene without
doubt is indicative of far more reason
than just a dreamed up fantasy serpent
God.

If the only reason for religion is war and
murder? Getting rid of religion won't stop
war and murder. It will more than likely i
increase.

Bash the old testament all you want but
sell short what happened to these
people?

edit on Rpm42818v33201800000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Now you're not even making sense.

I said there is no other intelligent life in our
system. Are you arguing that?

edit on Rpm42818v03201800000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Getting rid of religion won't stop war and murder. It will more than likely i increase.

Why? What makes you think that? Why were these children sacrificed? Looking at human sacrifice in that region of the world at that time and before, it was ENTIRELY religious or deity based.

Arguably, the absence of religion and instead, the presence of intelligence would have helped people realise murdering 200 children would NOT have gained any deity's favour. Mainly because the evidence for the existence of deity(ies) in question does not exist.

So yeh - no religion would have been a great thing for those kids. As well as many children in the modern 20th/21st Century under Catholicism.

Not that we know of
edit on 28-4-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Why? Why did you only quote part of the para
graph? I'll tell you why but it's all right there.
Stay with me now

"lf the only reason for religion is war and
murder?" (If there is as you believe no God)

Omit religion if you want but men will just find another reason to war and murder.
The whole point being :

Tho the scene without doubt is indicative of
far more reason than just a dreamed up
fantasy serpent God.

Your mistake:
You believe you can blame a deeply spiritual
problem with mankind. On something
as superficial as religion. It's just not ever
gonna work.

Here's what I think:

Mankind has been pointing his finger at every
thing but himself. Since Adam cowardly
pointed his finger at his own wife in the garden.

It"s not us.
It' guns.
It's not me.
It's my wife
It's God,
It's religion,
politicians,
hollywood etc. WTF/E

No! It's us.
edit on Rpm42818v36201800000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Double bubble

edit on Rpm42818v59201800000029 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I've never said people aren't to blame - they are, we are. But the motives or drives for the killing of these 200 children in Peru, was probably not some random spur of the moment thought. It appears to be ritualistic and organised and designed for a specific purpose. Much like the human sacrifices by people for a deity they believe in.

I'm not saying they are absolved of guilt -- not in the slightest. Their warped view of fictional supernatural beings is what drove them to murder.

One could argue - without their belief in a deity, would they have still murdered those children? I would say no, because had logic or common sense or even a basic understanding of science been present they would never have done it as it would make no difference. It was their incorrect belief in the supernatural that helped drive their wickedness.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
One could argue - without their belief in a deity, would they have still murdered those children? I would say no, because had logic or common sense or even a basic understanding of science been present they would never have done it as it would make no difference. It was their incorrect belief in the supernatural that helped drive their wickedness.

You know those people could have still murdered those children due to famines and droughts. Ancient primitive people were just too dumb to consider birth control, despite knowing their food production wasn't adequate to sustain large population.

They're good architecture and astronomy, but very stupid when it come to wheather forecasting and maximising food production. But then again, constant warfare can drain a lot of resources too. So, it goes back to lifestyle. Ancient primitive just lack proper modern education. Someone need to travel back in time and tell them, screw sun god, stop fighting with each other, migrate to low plain for farming and educate your children.

edit on 28-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Seriously... does anyone read beyond the headlines?

SF Gate article - brief summary covers most of the points people are speculating about

The NatGeo article that's the original source. Some info about the culture, maps, additional photos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join