It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru child sacrifice discovery may be largest in history

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Link

Archaeologists have uncovered what may be the largest single mass child sacrifice event in human history.

More than 140 children were sacrificed at about the same time in Peru's northern coastal region, about 550 years ago.

The discovery was made near modern-day Trujillo, which lies near the centre of the ancient Chimú civilisation.

More than 200 young llamas were sacrificed alongside the children - all of which were killed in a single event.

The children are known to be victims of human sacrifice because of cut marks to the bones, including the sternum, the bone in the centre of the chest. Many ribs were also damaged - which may indicate the heart was removed.

In addition, many of the children were daubed with a bright red pigment made from cinnabar - most likely a part of the sacrificial ritual.

The llamas, which suffered the same fate, were all younger than 18 months and buried facing east towards the Andes mountains.

Wow.. Tragic? Fascinating? Shocking?

I'm sure there are many different adjectives you could use to describe this event and you'd probably be right, but the one thing that can't be denied is it must've been quite the scene. I like to place myself at the event to see how I would feel, but I can only imagine what the experience would've been like. I wonder if the scene was chaotic with screams of pain and agony with blood gushing everywhere (probably not), or if everyone was in a state of trance and the atmosphere was actually calm and serene. I wonder what the children were thinking, or where they believed they were going? What were the parents thinking? What about the poor llamas? Heck, I didn't even ask the most important question yet: Why?

I personally have (and believe) many theories on why, but the tin-foil on my head always leads me to the most wildest of places, so... I think I'll just leave it at that.

Happy Friday!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very sad and pointless. I still think we have scum like this still on this earth doing nasty things today.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just barbaric people with satanic practices. It is probably all they knew and were brought up on it, like lil rocket man worship over in N Korea.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It could have been the burial ritual of a mass disease dieoff that killed the young too. It does not have to be a sacrifice. In some areas they did have sacrifices, but in many cultures they had the elaborate burial ceremonies. The heart being cut out could have had a reason similar to removing organs for making a mummy.

I am not saying this is not a mass sacrifice, but just that there could be another reason. Some archeologists automatically call things religious sacrifices. They make the evidence fit their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yikes. Do they say the age range of the children? They look on the older side, although I don't know what 550 year-old decomposed children look like so I'm not sure what my reaction is based on. One looks to have had a very full head of hair. And it looks like they are wearing hoods of some sort, doesn't it?

I also try to imagine what that scene would be like. I don't see how it could NOT have been chaos. I don't care what the kids were told- human nature and survival instincts are gonna kick in and that's a lot of kids to try to keep from escaping in a frenzy.

I agree with Disenchanted, that there are apparently still scumbag people practicing this horrendous and inexcusable stuff today.

I don't agree with TinfoilTP though, who seems to dismiss it as "eh, it's just what they were brought up on." I don't think that is something that could just be a "what we do" kind of a thing, as far as attitude and acceptance. Could it?? Again- human instinct has got to kick in.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And the part about their bodies being painted bright red?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

And the part about their bodies being painted bright red?

Cinnabar dye has been used in rituals of many cultures around the world for thousands of years. Okra too. It just means they had a ritual they used the dye for, it could have been a burial ritual. I read lots of articles of the dies use around the world, it is even utilized in burials in Egypt. Almost every culture had some weird rituals in the past, think about us now spending ten grand or more to bury a person in the ground in a nice coffin. It is a ritual. It is not practical at all. We should return to the earth. Some people are also having their heads frozen, what is that going to look like to people a thousand years from now when they find these things.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Good point on the frozen heads!

I am woh you on the archaeologists not knowing as much as they think they do, as far as conclusions they draw. There are so many cultures and their seeming practices from so long ago that archaeologists speak in absolutes about, when they should be saying "This is the theory we've come up with."

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's a lot of children. Sounds like someone
massacred a vlliage and saved the children
for this savage mixing of blood. Mans
brutality is unmatched in the universe.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Read about this earlier and have been trying to think of reasons why but have to read more about the story.

Thanks OP!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

In the link it says they were all from the age of 5-14 but mostly 8-12, so definitely children.

I also try to imagine what that scene would be like. I don't see how it could NOT have been chaos. I don't care what the kids were told- human nature and survival instincts are gonna kick in and that's a lot of kids to try to keep from escaping in a frenzy.

Yeah it's hard to imagine the scene going any differently if it was indeed a mass sacrifice, but who really knows? I don't think it says how they were actually killed, only that they were buried, so like ricky mentioned it is possible that it was a mass burial of some kind. But being buried with llamas with your heart cut out sure is strange.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well said....

How do these experts "Know" it was a sacrifice?

They Don't, they are just guessing.

How do we know, that this may be a result of a tribal attack?

How do we know, that this is not a result of some sort of disease or infection or poisoning.

How do we know, that this same burial site was not used for months, or years, or decades.

Perhaps the young Llamas were revered, to carry the soul of the child to the beyond or something.

The red colour may be there way of sending off dead tribe members......red is the colour of death.
In Europe Black is the colour of death, in China, White is the colour of death.

Removing the heart was also use by some Human tribes as a way of conquest, they removed hearts of dead people and ate them.

To conclude a "sacrifice" is jumping the gun.....a modern perception of what it "Might' be.

edit on 27-4-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Well said....

How do we know, that this is not a result of some sort of disease or infection or poisoning.

How do we know, that this same burial site was not used for months, or years, or decades.

Perhaps the young Llamas were revered, to carry the soul of the child to the beyond or something.

The red colour may be there way of sending off dead tribe members......red is the colour of death.

Removing the heart was also use by some Human tribes as a way of conquest, they removed hearts of dead people and ate them.

To conclude a "sacrifice" is jumping the gun.....a modern perception of what it "Might' be.

The broken ribs to rip the hearts out and the carving marks of the bones from chopping and stabbing pretty much makes it brutal, the evidence is clear.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Pretty sure they didn't have the nice, neat tools coroners today use, so of course ribs were broken if extracting hearts was a necessary burial step, or even ritual one -- how the hell else were they supposed to get to it?
Just because it's different from what we do doesn't make it wrong, though. The Ancient Egyptians effectively eviscerated their dead, were they wrong to do so? The only difference between them and these people is no one's really sure just what happened.

Personally, I'd bet money on disease. The kids were mostly close in age, within just a few years of each other, that could be a very significant hint at a disease epidemic ravaging kids. Still is today, actually, certain age ranges of kids are MUCH more susceptible to some diseases than others (babies aside)
edit on 4/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hopefully they where drugged with coca or alcohol at the time. Read something recently about a young sacrifice victim found in such a way that had kept her remains in near perfect condition, tests(on her hair) found that for her final year she had been fed very well and given large amounts of coca. Then for the month before her death she was given plenty of alcohol to keep her docile and I'm hoping unconscious at the time of her horrible end.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Seems to be the norm of mainstream science,if they weren't from Europe they were all sadistic killers,evidence proves otherwise,scientists are like MSM news,only tell you want they are told

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Pretty sure they didn't have the nice, neat tools coroners today use, so of course ribs were broken if extracting hearts was a necessary burial step, or even ritual one -- how the hell else were they supposed to get to it?
Just because it's different from what we do doesn't make it wrong, though. The Ancient Egyptians effectively eviscerated their dead, were they wrong to do so? The only difference between them and these people is no one's really sure just what happened.

Personally, I'd bet money on disease. The kids were mostly close in age, within just a few years of each other, that could be a very significant hint at a disease epidemic ravaging kids. Still is today, actually, certain age ranges of kids are MUCH more susceptible to some diseases than others (babies aside)

You might lose your money.
People do unthinkable things.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Good point on the frozen heads!

I am woh you on the archaeologists not knowing as much as they think they do, as far as conclusions they draw. There are so many cultures and their seeming practices from so long ago that archaeologists speak in absolutes about, when they should be saying "This is the theory we've come up with."

The first archeologists that formed consensus were living in a world of Christians. The Christians overthrew a lot of cultures during the crusades and wars and weren't about to accept that the people they overthrew and killed were possibly good people, everyone was a heathen. So our history is messed up, all other religions were full of sacrifices when they could have been other religious rituals. We have not got out of that consensus yet. And of course there were some societies that sacrificed their people but many of the cultures actually were following sentencing of criminals and enemies. Sort of how the Muslims behead people and we used to hang people or put them in front of a firing squad. But our past actions were said to be done in the name of god so it was alright.

Most of that violence is in the past, we should move on and make a better civilization and society world wide. But we seem to be a very violent hominid species and it may be hard to do. Right now that thousand years of peace and tranquility they talk about after the Rapture in the bible sounds like a pipe dream, kind of nice but I have my doubt if it will ever happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Well said....

Well said. Im sure in the coming years archaeologists and anthropologists will come up with more answers to the puzzle. I look forward to more to come

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

right ! Seems to me that Experts always 'jump' to the same conclusion. In my opinion Archeology is very narrow minded. Everything could have happened. But it's always the 'brutal religious pagan theory' that in the end becomes the explanation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join