It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help a guy out with an "It's like this..." summary of names and plot of US politics please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I enjoy reading US politics threads, the two different arguments passionately expressed, all the rest of it, but the trouble I've got is all the different names, scandals, and what the detailed plot is. I see thread titles describing something but can't be arsed clicking because I would need to read them all to understand who fits where.
So, on that note I'd love to read different members basic interpretations of it from your own perspective. I've put it in the mud-pit for obvious reasons so as you battle it out about the 'basic plot' of the say pretend documentary "Politics and players in the US" I can learn more, and have a chuckle as the mud slings of course.

I'll show you the format that would help me in the way I'd answer if it was a thread about UK politics asked by a US member...

Right now the biggest things going on in the UK are Brexit and a scandal about not giving citizenship to people from the Carribean who have been here since the 60's.
Theresa May the Prime Minister is a right wing old battle axe who hasn't a #ing clue how she's gonna pull of a decent deal for brexit and keep her job. She was also home secretary years ago and some of the immigration scandal was on her watch so she is worried about that smacking her in the face as well.
The current Home Secretary is Amber Rudd and she's in the # because she knew about this scandal brewing but did # all about it until Channel 4 TV news and others exposed it.

Amber Rudd's opposition in Parliament is Diane Abbott and she is "Shadow Home Secretary" with the lefty Labour party. She is an annoying fake posh voice whinge bag, moans about everything. Funny though on a question programme on TV the other day she spoke about Jews in London and called their clothes 'costumes' so she is in the # now trying to dig herself out of a hole.
Another claim to her fame is she's shagged (slept with) the leader of her party, the main opposition.

Which brings us to him, Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the opposition, sniveling weasel who opposed the UK taking back the Falklands back in the day, can't make his mind up about Brexit but is glad he isn't Prime Minister right now because he knows the job is a poisoned chalice and he isn't strong enough to do it either. Left wing so bad would bankrupt the country in a week.
I also reckon Theresa May would beat him in a fist fight he makes a limp rag look scary, I wouldn't trust him to mind my pint when I went for a piss in the pub never mind the actual country.

Anyway, that's the kind of easy to understand personal summary this uninformed bloke from England would love to read about the key US players if any one is interested in helping a guy out.

Thanks in advance, oh, and any Brit members who wanna bitch about my UK summary above, obviously you are free to post here but I'll just ignore it, mine was just a template example of what I'm looking for from US members, so if you want a reply from me post your own thread.

Cheers
CCG

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well the "MSM Narrative" is a big endless manufactured / scripted Us vs. Them circle jerk festival. Where if you fall for the snare and never look behind the curtain then you end up being the "Pivot Man" as our domestic rednecks would say (generally involves a a more literal sense story of hunters in a cabin all week and the guy sitting in the middle, and um well the other guys standing around him they aren't having a circle jerk in the same sense we might call a thread around the site here if you know what I mean).

The 'latest' 'book' in the affair, all this ZOMG RUSSIA / TRUMP LITERALLY HITLER / [and so on] is quite breathtaking the never ending back and forth twists and turns shooting out of the 'thing'. Where early on I spotted the pattern that if you take the lastest details of 'whatever' that is all the big rage to debate / argue about all day, in about 3 or 6 weeks from now new 'facts' will come out poopooing the 'facts' from before.

So other than certain key twists and topics I've tried to only let myself get sucked into debating too much of it 'all week'. That is trying (my best) to be able to discern what specific matters falls into this 'Matrix of BS' so as not to both waste my own time while looking like a headless doosh in hindsight after sticking my neck out there in defense of whatever and it getting lopped off half the time because we were duped about the realities of this ne or that one a few weeks prior.

But I'm real weird in taking it maximum personally offensive when some noun is deliberately intent on wasting my time, especially when its about diverting me from seeing behind curtains and trying to devise solutions (whereas having my time 'wasted' with humor being the intention is an entirely different category of reaction, for example).

If you fancy drama class, soap operas and / or 'procedural dramas' (category of fiction most common in the form of 'Police Procedural Drama' [like CSI or the like]), that is if you love 'wasting time' constantly immersed (er deluded) in dramatic fiction then wowzers this 'MSM Narrative' these days really is breathtaking in its width, breadth, and perpetuity.

But if you want to look behind the curtain then have I got a quick crash course guide for you here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Which by the way all that affects you in the UK / EU especially about every bit as much as US over here.

edit on 27-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow, that's a long yet interesting thread, I've skimmed through your OP and I'm hooked, but I've bookmarked it for later reading.
Thanks for posting

...if you wanna give me the 'Readers Digest' basic version here feel free.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That is the short version.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Haha okay, star.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

People in power promote hate to keep people divided, to make us easier to control. As long as people have something to focus their anger on, they look places other than the real source, those in power. We view things through a lens carefully crafted to manipulate and control us by distorting reality. The media shows us a view of our surroundings through that lens willingly.

They trick us into picking sides and slinging poo at each other instead of working together, when we should be looking behind the curtain. They know how easy we are to manipulate. Just keep us arguing while they operate out of view. Behind the curtain they share drinks and high five each other, while out in front they put on Oscar worthy performances to keep us divided.

A united people can't be controlled, but a divided people, just hook up the marionette strings.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Behind the curtain they share drinks and high five each other, while out in front they put on Oscar worthy performances to keep us divided.

A united people can't be controlled, but a divided people, just hook up the marionette strings.

Ah, I've got ya, I actually think the same, they're all mates at the top, just pretending. I wouldn't even be surprised if Putin and Trump were mates on the sly.

The reason I say that is because during the Serbian war I was watching late night TV news and the BBC broke a story of a hacked phone conversation between Clinton and Milosovic the Serb leader while he was air force one I believe, certainly while in the air.
In the conversation I heard them laughing like mates, all friendly, while in the public image Clinton was condemning him.
That story was killed. The next day, nothing, nada, zero.
I can't provide any evidence to back that up and I've searched using multiple terms ever since. I heard it though, and saw that single broadcast, so I've been convinced since then.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well, you don't need to get me.

You ask how we view the politics and that's how I view it. Last election we had two people, neither of which should run anything larger than coffee stand running for president. Two people who would likely still be friends in public, were they not part of the show.

I see the end game being a goal to lead us by our noses to a single party state, eliminate the middle class and replace it with party members and boot lickers. We are well on our way to that now. Frankly I see European countries leading the way. Not the people, the leaders, to be clear.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't see a single party state in the UK anytime soon, polar opposites of left and right here, with a small centrist party and the Greens.
Gotta admit though, in this thread I am interested in a summary of the current right/left bull# names and major plots, however fake they may be. It seems on ATS that's all there is so who the the players (actors) in the alleged fiction are, and how they are linked.
I appreciate your wider situation reply though, I see it in a similar way.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I don't see a single party state in the UK anytime soon, polar opposites of left and right here, with a small centrist party and the Greens.

You just described the US almost exactly. The trend though is to label one side as evil and the other as enlightened, working towards pushing us all the same way.

As to the plot. On the Right, Trump is good and Hillary is the spawn of Satan. On the Left, Hillary is and angel from on high and Trump is the anti-Christ. That's pretty much it. Millions upon millions of pages of drivel and venom posted and written and it can be reduced to just that. Plug in the names from the UK and I suspect it's the same.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Haha yes! Exactly the same here.
Personally, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, unable to find a decent political bed to lay in.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The reason I say that is because during the Serbian war I was watching late night TV news and the BBC broke a story of a hacked phone conversation between Clinton and Milosovic the Serb leader while he was air force one I believe, certainly while in the air.
In the conversation I heard them laughing like mates, all friendly, while in the public image Clinton was condemning him.
That story was killed. The next day, nothing, nada, zero.
I can't provide any evidence to back that up and I've searched using multiple terms ever since. I heard it though, and saw that single broadcast, so I've been convinced since then.

Now that is interesting, and important!

Yu'd probably have to figure out how to email the 'BBC Archivist Dept.'. These are the guys that sort, catalog and maintain all the stores of medias the outfit uses. Its probably mostly all on some basement level at some BBC facility. We archivist types have brains wired up differently than most peoples. And I can see the 'normal' (propaganda prick) people at BBC having them all stuffed away down in the basement. Where the Archivists love their job per se but hate that football pep rally culture type crowd upstairs.

Where of possibly the most any 'floor' the BBC has, the one place the types on that floor 'think' much differently than everyone else in the outfit, that would be the 'Archives Floor' (okay I dont know the proper in house terms they'd all use).

Meaning if you contacted the man news office you might not get anything but a cold stonewalling shoulder.

But if you can figure out how to email the 'Archives Dept.' directly, there's maybe a real decent shot whoever down there reads it might sit up and get the ball rolling to them figuring out and finding what you're after here. Who knows maybe they bored down there doing mundane most the time, and would love the challenge alone.

Take your time in trying to put together the most detailed account of the broadcast, and especially the date and time, before finally clicking send. And to do it with minimal loaded partisan terms that might trigger some of them if BBC has managed to pack that floor with ideologues. But not everyone has their brains wired for that kind of work so I dont know that BBC could be much partisan / ideologue picky when it comes to hiring people for that group assuming they are trying to be the real deal timeless pro media team.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ah I can remember where I was living, and the room I was in watching TV news, it has to be 1995 because the crux of the story was questions about Clinton laughinbg with Milosovic after condemning him publicly for the Srebrenica genocide.
The archive people could be a good shout, but my gut instinct is if that story was killed then it was buried as well.
...sorry I can't offer more to the plate, I'll just never forget it because it shocked me at the time. I believed in one world government as a secret thing from that day onwards.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I pretty much agree with ignoranceisntbliss on the MSM Narrative.

There's a few other channels for daily drama - #QAnon on twitter/8chan has a pretty good plot line going.
Trump comes into a hostile WH with conspirators everywhere seeking to usurp presidential power in favor of their own political machinations - Obama, Clinton, Comey, Brennan - FBI DOJ - every agency has involvement in a widespread conspiracy to topple the elected President. BUT..... there's a counter coup supporting the Commander in Chief.
And YOU can be a part of the team...

It seems to me, that there are a cadre of show runners - some are collaborating (think a spinoff series).
And it looks like there's a real struggle for control of the storyboard. Good luck trying to figure what is really "real".

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Ah thanks for your summary, that's the kind of personal take shorthand thing I was looking for.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The archive people could be a good shout, but my gut instinct is if that story was killed then it was buried as well.

They can go delete a story off their website or whatever, but a 'True Archivist' is going to be a collector and horder of 'tapes' sort of character. Even if they went down there and told a guy 'go right now and delete this', there's a good shot he 'did' (but still had it somehow). Such tapes would be 'underground type stuff'. To pathological collector types, such as True Archivists, anything that was supposed to be deleted is what makes the collection all the more 'elite' type snip. If not some corp archive out there, then one of the archivists ordered to delete it still has it somewhere. Collecting dust... Needing to be digitized...
edit on 27-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
To pathological collector types, such as True Archivists, anything that was supposed to be deleted is what makes the collection all the more 'elite' type snip. If not some corp archive out there, then one of the archivists ordered to delete it still has it somewhere. Collecting dust... Needing to be digitized...

I could only hope so, it was 23 years ago, but I remember it to this day because it massively changed me, I suddenly thought how bull# it all was and believed secretly they are actually mates at the top...it was an epiphany...then the story never repeated.
That reinforced my view of things.

EDIT
This thread is about the charade politics arena though, and people's opinions about it who are caught up in it.
Not my own assertions about news stories I've seen buried quickly.
...how the # did I let myself leak that story out and sidetrack my own thread lol

edit on 27-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

since the day JFK was killed by the cia, the military has been plotting a coup to overthrow them, they approached trump around 2015 he agreed to give them a legal method, the military was intent on overthrowing hillary if she won, the coup would have immediately occurred, hillary had been plotting with uranium1 to launch a false flag nuclear attack to launch russia and the usa into war. this is why the military was intent on stopping her,
trump being elected averted that, he is taking down the cia and all its connections, the cia controls cnn, and all other MSM's. they also have large control over congress and the fbi, this is the "draining the swamp" you keep hearing, and it is happening, many dozens ousted already.

notice if you will, trump rarely goes anywhere without bringing along his entourage of military generals... JFK said this country must fracture the cia into a thousand pieces. trump with the help of the military is seeing that through.

all else is political theater, just a movie, for more info on any details try the link in my sig.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Thanks for the interesting reply

That's a fascinating perspective on things, a 'secret' plot or coup from the CIA but Trump has the backing of the military.
Can Trump really depend on the military against such 'higher forces' though, or just a few key generals he can trust?
I'll have a read at the link you suggested, thanks again.

top topics

join