It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel shows clapper leaked dossier details to cnn, comey briefing to trump was setup

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sorry it took me a while to respond but I just now got bac to my computer and wanted to give you a response you deserve.

I am totally just messing with you about the fact that you were wrong about no evidence of clapper telling comey to breif trump.

If i were you I would have said "Oh yeah mr. big man! Well you were wrong about comey having said clapper told him about the news hook thing"

SO yeah, we are all wrong at points (though me WAY less than you :ham

I will get to the substance in my next post

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Why is this type of comment allowed in this thread?? It has nothing to do with the OP and is blatant trolling, both of which break the T&C.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Now lets go over what we actually know.

We know that Clapper has now admitted to discussing the dossier with Jake tapper. We know he intially leid about this to congress and on CNN.

We know clapper recomeneded that comey breif trump of the pee allegations in the dossier.

We know that comey knew that cnn was looking for a hook to run the story, and felt it was important trump know this.

We know that a high up intel official told cnn that trump was briefed on this.

Lets just start there.

This alone is evdience that Clapper was being hugely unprofessional by discussing the dossier, no matter how small the details, with jake tapper.

We know that someone high up in the intel community leaked comeys breifing to cnn, and that that person knew cnn was looking for a hook to run the story.

So even if that person wasnt clapper, that is to high level intel community people that were speaking to the media in wasys that would hurt trump.

I will get to more next.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Ok so now lets look at your theory that you posted.

Lets start with the part that you say comey at the time of the briefing was still on trumps side. I think thats unlikely given that comey had already started taking memos of trump because he distrusted him, but lets go with your assumption.

So comey is ttroubled that these unverified salacious details of the pee story are being held by cnn, and is worried they are just waiting for a news hook to run them.

So he tells trump this.

Then 4 days later, his worry is proven to be legitimate as CNN runs the story, and they did find their hook. That hook was the very breigfing comey gave.

Now at this point, if comey was in fact on trumps side, and was worried that the story just needed a news hook to break, wouldnt he be absolutely furios that someone in the intel community leaked to cnn his brifing with trump and used it to release this story?

He would be livid! So surely he would stop at nothing to find out who leaked the details of this briefing and made a fool out of him and used his own warning to get dirt out on trump!

But wait, thats not what he does. He admits in his interview with bret baier that he didnt look at all for who leaked this, he didnt think it was important.

That makes no sense whatsoever, and you know it.

The only logical explanation for his lack of caring to see who leaked these details is that comey didnt care that the details were leaked. And if that is the case, he really didnt care that cnn was just looking for a news hook to run the story, and as such he didnt have this briefing with trump out of legitimate concern that the info may leak out.

This alone makes your entire scenario extremely unlikely.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

As for cnn getting details of the breifing wrong.

I am not sure what you are saying this shows.

It is undisputed that they received info that comey briefed trump on this.

Rather they then got additional details from that leak that ended up being wrong are irrelevant.

It seems you are suggesting that because they published details that were wrong, or that somehow ended up discrediting the dossier in some parts, that then they couldnt have been briefed by a high intel source

But clearly we know that is wrong, as everyone admits cnn was told there was a briefing.

I would say the fact the details were wrong probably shows comey was not the leak. It probabaly shows that it was someone who knew there was going to be a briefing, but was not in the actual room when it happened.

Someone like.... Clapper!

Now I am not saying it is proof that it was claapper, but certainly your points do not rule him out.

And regardless who the leak was, it shows some high up person in the intel community was willing to talk to cnn about the dossier and they knew that story would hurt trump.

And we know clapper already had done that.

Now as far as would this story alone devestae trump and take him eout.

I dont think they thought that. I think they thought this was anither salvo in the battle to make trump look bad, and they were right.

In fact the dossier was the real begining of the presses all out attack on trump as possibly colluding with russia, which caused trump to want comey to tell the public what he was telling trump in private that he wasnt inder investigation. And when comey wouldnt do that, it caused trump to fire him, which led to the specisal counsel.

So despite your downplaying the significaance of this leak about the briefing, it actually got the ball rolling on what would become the special counsel.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Now just to finish up.

In your thoery that clapper was getting hounded by cnn and said very little.

The why would clapper lie and say he never discusssed any details?

Even if gthat was true though, clapper no doubt knew what comey ends up telling trump, that cnn is looking for a hook to run the story.

So again lets assume your theory, clapper is worried about this as comey is, and recomends comey brief trump about this.

Are we really to believe that clapper and comey are so stupid that they didnt realize that this briefing could be the very news hook they were worried about?

Wouldnt clapper along with comey be furious that someone leaked the details of the very briefing he suggested and used that to run the very story he was concerned would be run?

Not only does he apparently not pressure comey to investigate who the leak was (as comey admits he didnt care to look into it at all), but clapper then goes to work for the very company he feared would run this article to make trump look bad!

It makes no sense!

Given the evidnece we have, gthe most likely scenario seems to be as follows.

As schumer admitted, the intel agencies had 6 ways from sunday to get back at trump. Clapper and comey didnt like trump (as has been shown by their actions in recent months)

So clapper didnt mind leaking details to the press to make trump look bad.

He talks to cnn about the dossier and finds out that yeah, they already know of it but wont run the story unless they have a reason that its being takin seriously.

So clapper tells comey (who may be involved or may just be listening to clapper) to brief trump on this. Now no doubt other high ups in the intel community get wind of this too and know cnn is just looking for a news hook.

Comey briefs trump, and then the details are leaked and the story ran. We dont know if it was clapper that leaked these details, but we know it was a high up intel official.

Comey has no desire to look in to who leaked the details of the briefing, because he doesnt care if the story hurts trump because he doesnt like trump.

Cnn releases the bare outline of the story, knowing that just the suggestion of this will allow them to attack trump, and knowing full well that once they break this that it is inevitable to that one of the news outlets that have the story will run more details.

So while you are right that there is no definitive proof clapper was the person that leaked the details of the briefing to cnn, it doesnt matter.

By talking to cnn and recommending the briefing to comey, he got the ball rolling on this.

This had to be intentional. If it wasnt, he would have heavily pushed for the leaker to be found, and would have never gone to work with cnn, who he would have been furious with for publisihng this story he was trying to avoid.

Which means that we see this is another example (and a hige one) of the high ups at the intel community going out of their way to damage trump.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't know who people like antidiluvian think they're fooling with their insistence that anything that looks potentially damning to a Democrat is either a lie or accidental...

Do they really think people aren't catching onto the way people like him insist that nothing a Democrat does EVER is anything but innocuous innocent and well intentioned?

It's a complete and total joke at this point.... Flat earthers and young earth creationists could take lessons from antidiluvian in evasiveness and intellectual dishonesty for the love of God!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

I don't know who people like antidiluvian think they're fooling with their insistence that anything that looks potentially damning to a Democrat is either a lie or accidental...

Do they really think people aren't catching onto the way people like him insist that nothing a Democrat does EVER is anything but innocuous innocent and well intentioned?

It's a complete and total joke at this point.... Flat earthers and young earth creationists could take lessons from antidiluvian in evasiveness and intellectual dishonesty for the love of God!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In fact the dossier was the real begining of the presses all out attack on trump as possibly colluding with russia, which caused trump to want comey to tell the public what he was telling trump in private that he wasnt inder investigation. And when comey wouldnt do that, it caused trump to fire him, which led to the specisal counsel.

I would add, that comey was leaking other material (maybe not personally) from this investigation that was damaging to trump. This makes it even more unlikely comey was on trump's side. He was allowing smears of trump to leak but refusing to correct the record.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is a thread by burntheships today that further buttresses that this meeting was a setup.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Turns out that McCabe was emailing people two days before the CNN story that it was coming out.

So lets go through the timeline of what we now know.

In early January, before the comey briefing on January 6, 2017, we know that the Director of National Intelligence Clapper was discussing the dossier with Jake Tapper from CNN (and would later lie to congress about this).

We know that after this meeting, Clapper himself recommended to James Comey, head of the FBI, that he breif Trump on the slacious details of the dossier, such as the pee story. The reason clapper gave Comey for this was that he knew CNN knew of the story, and was looking for a news hook to run it.

Januray 6, 2017. Comey briefs trump on the pee details of the dossier (not the rest of it though that was important and could have helped trump stop potential russian influence) because he claims he is worried that if the story comes out it could damage the President.

January 8, 2017. McCabe, the second in command at the FBI, sends out emails saying he knows CNN is about to run the news story on the dossier, and will use comeys breifing as the hook for running it.

January 10, 2017. CNN does just that.

This is damning.

Now people will say as they did on the other thread, that this does not prove Cklapper, Comey, McCabe etc. intended the meeting as a setup.

But I feel this new info on this thread buttresses that it in fact was a setup.

Put yourself in Clapper or Comeys shoes.

Lets take them at their word; that they were woriied for trumps sake that CNN had this story and was going to run it. SO they want to breif trump to let him know that CNN is just looking for a reason to run the story.

Then they find out two days after the briefing and two days before CNN runs the story that they have made an incredible blunder; that CNN is not only going to run the story, but they are going to use the Clapper suggested, Comey carried out briefing as the very news hook Clapper and Comey were worried that they would get.

Now at this point, if you are Comey or Clapper, and as you have claimed you are truly concerned with this smearing the President, wouldnt you be pissed beyond belief? Details of your breifing were leaked by someone in your office, and used to hurt the President.

The first thing you would do is try to find the leak. But as Comey admitted in his interview with Bret Baier, he didnt try to do that at all. This makes no sense.

Also, wouldnt you have another briefing with the President when you found out CNN was about to run this story on January 8th, to say something like "Mr. President, I am sorry. Someone from our office has leaked details of my briefing with you, and they are now using it as the news hook they needed and will be running that story shortly. You need to be prepared to deal with this"

Yet we have no evidence that took place, and at this point, someone in trumps camp would have surely explained that discussion did occur.

Also you feel that Comey and especially Clapper, who discussed the dossier with CNN, and then recommended briefing trump, would be absolutely livid with CNN. So what does Clapper do? He ends up taking a job with CNN!

All of this points to one conclusion; Clapper (who leaked to CNN) and Comey didnt care at all that this story was coming out and might hurt trump.

That means they LIED to trump when they said they were worried about this coming out and hurting him. Which means that there is a very good chance that they in fact set trump up with this meeting to give CNN an excuse in the first place to run this story.

Think about the gravity of this.

Many of the heads of the intel community were at worst setting trump up maliciously, and at best for them lying about caring about the story hurting trump and acting with some maliciousness (Clapper leaking dossier details to cnn, some high level official leaking details of the briefing) and extreme incompetence (giving cnn the very hook they were looking for, and then not looking for the leaker of those details).

Our Presidents own intel community working against him. This needs to be investigated NOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join