It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If there is one thing I don't want, it is terror attacks on America. But what I have to ask is...why haven't there been more? You would think that is the terrorists really wanted to keep the pressure on America and keep the public living in fear you would read about car bombs and such on a regular basis in the American papers.

All the time I constantly see headlines about bus, car and suicide bombs in the middle east but it seems wierd to me why they aren't happening more in America.

I just wanted to here some of your thoughts...btw, this is my first post

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
For some strange reason I think something will happen in 2005!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by BlazinDragon602]

[edit on 18-2-2005 by BlazinDragon602]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
First and foremost,America is a big stretch of land full of cultures and ethnic races living together not-so-harmoniously.So,these terrorist won't be stupid enough to explode bombs at just any place in America.Bomb a shop?People died and that's about it.Few weeks later a new shop is built with new owners,staffs and clients.What these terrorist would like to do is having an explosion/destruction that would cripple the economy,military and stability badly.

It's tough being a terrorist in American anyways.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why have there been no more attacks?
Because the whole terrorist deal is a sham, an illusion...
An excuse to Invade and eventually control the middle east.
If those in control feel it necessary to stage another terrorist attack we will have one. But don't look to the middle east for signs, look in your own backyard. Look at history, the patterns are so obvious.
The fear of terrorism conveniently also replaces the fear of communism.
Our fabled leaders use methods of physiological control on the population of which the major ingredient is fear. The strongest and most vulnerable of Human emotions. A country in fear will do and accept anything it's government orders. Which in this case is not only to allow the systematic rape and torture of Iraq but to cheer them on as they do it...
It also legitimizes government itself. Convince the population that there is a big bad bogey man out there and only the government, with it's army and police, can protect you.

A good documentary to watch is the BBC "Power of Nightmares"

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Damn.It's all a mind game all along eh?

Well,that's sad to see your government telling you spooky bedtime stories and ending up to be a fiction.

However,my opinion is that U.S is doing a fine job in preventing any terror attacks on it's soil or that the elites just don't want any of those stuff happening in America.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
-

Originally posted by Heartagram
Damn.It's all a mind game all along eh?

Well,that's sad to see your government telling you spooky bedtime stories and ending up to be a fiction.

However,my opinion is that U.S is doing a fine job in preventing any terror attacks on it's soil or that the elites just don't want any of those stuff happening in America.

If the US is doing such a fine job of stopping terror attacks I guess they were having a day off on 9-11 then eh?
Or how about the days and weeks and yrs before, 9-11 wasn't built in a day...If they can stop attacks now then they could have then, no?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Islamic fundamentalist terrorists have been a major problem for decades. Go back and research the Berlin Olympics, the Iranian hostage situation or how traveling in Europe during Christmas was like back in the eighties. People who are talking about conspiracies over 9/11 ignore the history of terrorism. The American government was asleep at the wheel on 9/11 but it wasn't a conspiracy. We had bombed Libya in the eighties over terrorism and lobbed some missiles at Osama in the 90s and we thought that since we had defeated the greatest Empire ever(the British), stopped both the Japanese and Germans, and showed those fundamentalist f**ks in the eighties who was boss as well as won the cold war on top of it that no one was dumb enough to mess with us. We were wrong. The same people who complain that we are losing our freedom due to the Patriot act can't grasp the fact that that act is what is stopping terror in America with more intel. So they come up with conspiracies. There's alot of things wrong in this world. Start spending your time working on those things to make it a better place rather than whining when things don't go your way.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yes our history reads like a fairy tail and the US is always the good guy righting all wrongs. We have never been lied to and our glorious leaders have only our best interests at heart. And if you read my post 3 times you'll get a check for a million dollars in the mail tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think that the bad guys are sitting and waiting very patiently biding their time untill the right moment. Their main mission is to kill as many Americans as they can in one fell swoop. In order to do this, they must make elaborate plans that take time to make. Once they are ready to make their move, all hell is going to break loose. These guys think by reaking havoic on America is going to make them maryters. Once they are dead I think they are supposed to have 72 virgins and all the good stuff that goes with it. Hell, there arn't 72 virgins in W.Va. Back to reality...My best guess is that they are in the process of something very big and they are taking their time to ensure they get it right not to mention the upgraded security since 9/11 might have a small effect on them. I hate to say it but their next hit is going to make 9/11 look like a walk in the park.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We will be waiting from them and in the end it will cost us more and more of billions of dollars

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Why have there been no more attacks?
Because the whole terrorist deal is a sham, an illusion...

agreed,

Originally posted by heartagram

so you think its ok, to have to wait 3 hours in the airport for the sake of security, you think its ok, that the government is taking away some of our rights, you like being governed all for the sake of a false sence of security??

the reason there havn't been more attacks is simply because of what ANOK posted, it was all a sham to put the fear in the hearts of americans, so now we have all become the governments puppets, so when they say jump, we say how high, all for the sake of terrorism.

(now i don't want to down 9/11 because it was a sad day in our history, and many good people lost thier lives, im just posting how i feel)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Whatever necessary steps needed to keep up the security would be fine for me.EXCEPT of course those Patriot Acts.Shameful of the U.S government to enable such policy and spying on your own people.Don't you trust your people?Unless you're in Iraq then I would understand for you to spy on your citizens.Well,that's if you look from a dictator/totalitarinism perspective.

By the way,as disgusting and disturbing as it is,I believe majority of Americans are already a puppet.Too bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I supposed there are no more "attacks," because they cannot find any asbestos packed buildings to blow, nor any financiers need the insurance money for them in cooperation with the shadow government.

What a brilliant strategy of the US, demolishing the WTC center to pass some junk laws. Lining big money pockets is so easy, why bother when people already know the game. They are awaiting another time of deep apathy, when they can fool people all of the time. It is too easy, just distract them with junk court cases, and other superficial "single issue," irrelevancies. Then apply your Hegalian strategies of problem-reaction-solution. People are too afraid for their own little jobs and turf to care, "go ahead, and make my day," they think.

No you don't have to worry about bearded men in caves again, you are being attacked daily by kleptocracy on the heels of junk laws, junk science, and straw man arguments in publications such as Popular Mechanics.

Sadly you can ask almost anyone the question "wasn't 911 a government event, not Al Qaeda?" They will say "I know, it was" Unless they are on the take or afraid, that is the response you will hear.

Maybe something will happen when the extreme rich get bored or wake up on the wrong side of the bed, caring about no one and nothing, even about themselves.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If you think about it, whats a terror attack? Something that causes terror. In isreal, you can do that by constantly attacking and blowing up anything anywhere. In the US, its got to be proportionately bigger, because you'll be less able to attack again after each attack, and the consequences of attack are bigger. Blow up a bus in tel aviv, you get a raid on a refugee camp. bomb downtown chicago, and you might get your homecountry invaded and your people imprisoned.

By limiting the attacks to rare but spectacular ones, you make the impact of each attack maximal. People in ohio were disturbed by the 911 attacks, even tho they weren't themselves attacked. That one day of terror attacks resulted in a lot of changes and a lot of sociological-psychological pressure. Attack again and you almost releive that pressure. Better to make big spectacular attacks rarely so people aren't paniced over when the next bomb will go off, but when the world will seem to collapse again. Thats a great way to do harm to a society.

On the other hand, supposedly bin ladin was surprised that the towers were completely destroyed and that they went down so fast. Perhaps he 'bit off more than he can chew' and simply isn't capable of directing large scale attacks, while the people willing to do small attaacks are being captured.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourrolemodel1973
Islamic fundamentalist terrorists have been a major problem for decades. Go back and research the Berlin Olympics, the Iranian hostage situation or how traveling in Europe during Christmas was like back in the eighties. People who are talking about conspiracies over 9/11 ignore the history of terrorism. The American government was asleep at the wheel on 9/11 but it wasn't a conspiracy. We had bombed Libya in the eighties over terrorism and lobbed some missiles at Osama in the 90s and we thought that since we had defeated the greatest Empire ever(the British), stopped both the Japanese and Germans, and showed those fundamentalist f**ks in the eighties who was boss as well as won the cold war on top of it that no one was dumb enough to mess with us. We were wrong. The same people who complain that we are losing our freedom due to the Patriot act can't grasp the fact that that act is what is stopping terror in America with more intel. So they come up with conspiracies. There's alot of things wrong in this world. Start spending your time working on those things to make it a better place rather than whining when things don't go your way.

if i could add to such a straightforward bit of words, i would. that was perfect, thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In my opinion, constant bombing of the middle east (by America) seems like terrorism to me.

new topics

top topics

join