It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

penguins doomed to enforced homosexuality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
get this I just heard on the news the funniest thing. There are some 6 male penguins in a zoo who in the absenceof females have chosen to follow the gay life style , well fair enough everyone needs affection right, but here is the funny part the zoo brings in several girl penguins to convience them to go back to girls. The males would have nothing to do with the females still, but that is not the funny part still, can you actually believe a complaint was filed about the zoo doing this by the gay rights people. Common guys really now animals while somewhat inteligent do what comes by instinct and if that appears to be gay then so be it but gripe when someone comes along to give them back the right to choose to be straight. I am tolerant and unjudgemental when it comes to gays but give me a break people they deserve the option to be straight and they chose to remain faithful to their male companions but at least they where given the choice, what these protestors proposed was to deny them freedom to choose in the presence of female presence, that is not gay rights that is dictation of a way to be.

[edit on 13/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Im gay, but this sounds like a silly protest to make. Giving these penguins the options and letting them decide is letting nature take its course. What's to protest?

Interestingly these penguins are an example of gay behavior in the other portions of the animal kingdom.

The whole point of gay rights is to let people be who they are. Don't force people to be straight, don't force people to be gay. If youre bi you get twice as many sex partners!

I don't favor promiscuity, but it is a personal choice. If you want to indulge that is fine as long as you accept all the risks and burdens.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Im gay, but this sounds like a silly protest to make. Giving these penguins the options and letting them decide is letting nature take its course. What's to protest?

Please dont take offense to me saying what I said I was Chief of security in the biggest gay resort in my area for many years and never have I had a gay bone in my body , but that didnt keep me from protecting the lives of those in my charge I actually have many people whom I have association with (platonic) of course but they respect that and dont incourage me to be anything but thank me for being straight and still having the conviction to keep them safe with out reguard to their sexual assignment/preference.

Interestingly these penguins are an example of gay behavior in the other portions of the animal kingdom.

This actually reminds me of a stratement from the movie jurassic park nature will find a way.

The whole point of gay rights is to let people be who they are. Don't force people to be straight, don't force people to be gay. If youre bi you get twice as many sex partners!

Amen , besides how are we even sure these animals can even understand their actions , why not test and see, I think it was both fair and just to do what the zoo did and if anything I would have thought that gay rights just got a boost today , they were given a choice and chose not to change , yet noone is talking about beating , or killing them , they just in a simple way wanted to help them understand the choice they had. And to be quite honest it would serve the cause even more if these girls turned out to be the same way in the abscence of straight male influence, that would mean they to made a choice not to prod at the males but to get on with life.

[edit on 13/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It finally happened. My brain exploded!

I could not believe my ears when I heard about a group of penguins in a German zoo. It seems that a German zoo had a group of penguins that were, for one reason or another, all male. Because of the isolation and imprisonment of these poor flightless birds, they turned to homosexuality to satisfy their sexual urges much like human males do when imprisoned in penitentiaries. When the zoo keepers discovered that their pod of penguins were all male (it seems that it is espeically difficult to determine the gender of penguins), they immediately sought to locate and acquire female penguins to help satisfy the sexual needs of the male penguins. This story should have ended here with a satisfactory conclusion for everyone concerned. However, German gay and lesbian groups immediately raised a strong protest against bringing the female penguins in lest they destroy long-standing homosexual penguin relationships!!!!!

I simply could not believe how bizarre the gay rights movement has become. For some reason, the penguins have become some sort of symbol of homosexual rights. But shouldnt the penguins have some sort of say in this matter. Would it not be more appropriate to bring in the female penguins and let the male penguins decide for themselves whether they wanted to continue their homosexual penguin sexual practices or whether they wanted to practice more traditional heterosexual penguin sex.

Am I wrong in thinking that the German gay and lesbians have gone a bit too far in trying to justify their lifestyle by enforcing homosexuality among the imprisoned penguin populations of German zoos. Where are the animal rights people in this matter.

(edit to remove caps from title)

[edit on 18-2-2005 by pantha]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
They did bring the females in, but the males showed no interest, I always thought Cats were the gay rights animal symbol.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This whole topic is absurd. Dogs have shown what could be called "gay" behavior for years...males dogs preferring to sniff other male dogs butts and trying (unsuccessfully of course) to mate with them.....it's freaking nature. Have we become that ridiculous in this country that we are going to try and control the social habits of the animal population now too? Is Tipper Gore going to get involved and try to get the zoo closed down??

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wonder how long before they try to extend the "right to be free of female temptaton" to all men.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I would suggest that every single species of animal has with in it a certain level of expirementation and for the lack of the other sex a compensation factor , it is a simple concept of need for effection, but that should not disallow the oppurtunity for the zoo or anyone in that fact to present to the individual participants the option of natural selection where in one male and one female are coupled. But to hear those gay rights people tell it they think once you went gay you should never be offered the right to choose again, I have no personal beef again gays buy the approach taken seems to be acult like in thevery nature of denial of choice reevaluation.

new topics

top topics

join