It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offical end to Korean war maybe coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If they obtain a peace treaty they will next appear to normalize relations. They will take down the wire and remove the mines. They will then insist that American troops leave Korea because they are now at peace, which we will do to save money, perhaps leaving a token force in place..
Then a dispute will rise between the governments of North and South; it will look like a critical disagreement but I doubt that it really is. Russia will step in, perhaps by invitation, to negotiate conflict. They will plant their flag and dock their ships, the North will assimilate the South and Korea will never be the same.......My guess this will happen in less then 10 years. . . .But I truly hope I am wrong.
I would believe the peace more if the North lined up their nuclear bombs and cut them up for all the world to see.

a reply to: Somethingsamiss

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I keep hearing a lot of maybes about this.

I will believe it when it happens.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Regardless whether it was Trump or the man on the moon who precipitated this, I hope, I really really hope that there will be peace.

Peace is a good thing, isn't it?

I mean, does it matter who is responsible?

Yes, Peace, is most definitely a good thing! Apparently, this is an image of what Kim Jong Un wrote in the guest book at the Peace House Summit Venue dated 4-27-2018 and signed.

Image of signed guest book

One can only hope that he is sincere.

The last time I had experienced such hope was back in 1989, when the wall came down and East/west Germany came together. Back then during the cold war, it even to happen unbelievably fast!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Thats how i feel.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The last time I had experienced such hope was back in 1989, when the wall came down and East/west Germany came together.

Always better when the walls come down.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is a sucker play. As soon as US troops are gone the Norks will try to take over the south.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I thought this already happened in 2000

In Pyongyang Tuesday, US Secretary of State Madeline K. Albright concluded the highest level talks between North Korea and the United States since the end of the Korean War. During the three-day visit, Albright addressed a number of US security concerns, including North Korea's missile development programs and missile exports. US officials have stated that further improvement of relations will hinge on North Korea reigning in its missile programs. Negotiations also may lead to an easing of military tensions on the Korean peninsula, and eventual normalization of US relations with the Communist nation.
carnegieendowment.org...

or was it 2007?

North Korea agreed under a deal in October with the South, the United States, Japan, Russia and China that by the end of the year it would disable its plants that produce weapons-grade plutonium and fully account for its nuclear arms program.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Those are definitely NOT the same kind of thing.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting how the US government is suddenly (within the last decade or so) taking communism off the villain list.

So this is kind of bad news if you're still worried about communism. What are they trying to say? Maybe something like "Communism is pretty much OK. It's just certain communist troublemakers we have a problem with".

That totally makes me feel safer!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only possible way that the so-called war in Korea can be ended and re-unification can happen is with full US troops withdrawal and the dismantling and inactivation of all US military bases.

There will be no re-unification of Korea, the way that Germany was re-united after the collapse of the Soviet Union whereby NATO has invaded Eastern Germany and turned it into an ongoing social catastrophe with NATO's depraved neurological weapons networks and the rest of it.

I said "so-called" Korean war, because de-facto there is no war in Korea since the armistice. Unfortunately western media especially EU and British media led people to believe that there's a war in there, and needs to be ended when the North collapses. Just like the imaginary "Cold War" ended when the eastern bloc collapsed!

This time, unfortunately for NATO-EU warmongers things will not work that way.
edit on 5-5-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

top topics

<< 1   >>

join